PDA

View Full Version : Allen Patrick

birddog
10/21/2006, 11:13 PM
alot of fans were concerned that patrick may have a touch of fumbleitis. yes, he has fumbled a bit in mop-up-duty but with the cold weather and the hits he was taking he did a great job.

35 carries and 0 fumbles. nice job ap.

OUWxGuesser
10/21/2006, 11:18 PM
Serious props to him. Gut looked good when he got limited time, and so did Chris Brown. I was also happy to see a few takes by PT.

Ash
10/21/2006, 11:22 PM
Good jorb protecting the ball. On TV you could see AD on the sidelines coaching him to protect the ball, kinda cool kinda funny.

Gute did a good job, too. Not only gaining yards but in pass protection.

Soonerus
10/21/2006, 11:26 PM
Patrick played well I just don't know if he is a home run threat...

Ash
10/21/2006, 11:31 PM

Yeah, maybe not. Maybe that's what they see in the young guy. I don't know, but AP was the definition of work horse tonight. Grinding out a tough 100 yard game against a D that had only given up one other 100 yard rush game this season.

Soonerus
10/21/2006, 11:35 PM
"AP" I like that....

Mjcpr
10/21/2006, 11:36 PM
Why isn't it 'AD' ?

Oh, wait....

Ash
10/21/2006, 11:38 PM
Who's ENA?

sooner518
10/22/2006, 12:49 AM
he was solid. i liked the look of Chris Brown too. He seemed really eager to finish off runs strong.

and does anyone know where I can get Boomer Sooner ringtones?

BASSooner
10/22/2006, 04:06 AM
we need nicknames for the new guys...

OU-HSV
10/22/2006, 08:44 AM
Maybe you're right, but remember early in the game he had that one run (maybe like 12 yds or so), if he didn't get tripped up by that last diving defender he was taking it to the house,he was so close to breaking that one. He's got some burst in him, I'm excited to see what he can do at Mizzou now.

KYHonorarySooner
10/22/2006, 08:56 AM
The only thing that sucks about him being the #1 back now, besides the fact that it's not AD, is that we won't get to see him KILL unsuspecting kick/punt returners. Kid loves to hit.

Scott D
10/22/2006, 09:29 AM
we need nicknames for the new guys...

I suppose we could break out the old TRCB for Chris Brown, since you know..the one that was a Buffalo is TFCB.

birddog
10/22/2006, 09:58 AM
"AP" I like that....

you've never heard that?:confused:

it's just his initials.

Stitch Face
10/22/2006, 10:15 AM
Yes, but why do they call him "AP?"

RacerX
10/22/2006, 11:04 AM
ENA
AP
Mexi-Q

Boffingham
10/22/2006, 11:22 AM
Chris Brown is gonna be a fumbler. Looking at all of his carries, the ball is bouncing around in his arms quite a bit

SoonerRoads
10/22/2006, 11:28 AM
Patrick looked pretty good, runs hard, obviously not AD, but more than adequate in getting hard earned yards. He won't be the break-away threat that AD presented, he looked really worn by the 4th Qtr, but the Buffs were really bringing the slobberknockers yesterday, so I guess that is to be expected. Bob may not like ot hear it, but this is definitely going to be "running back by committee" and there is nothing wrong with that. Mexi-Q looked slower to me, but had a couple of good runs, but I really liked the look of Chris Brown in what times he was given the ball. He looks like the future to me. They should give him more time and take this opportunity to bring him along. I like the way he runs and the ball.

One more win!

Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!

SoonerTerry
10/22/2006, 11:32 AM
Thought AP looked good, even if he was gettin winded. I wonder how long it will take for teams to start stackin the box again, once they realize we still have running game. I saw "Colorablow" stack the box several times only to drop back in pass coverage. I guess they were taking Thompson seriously.

One more thing, did anyone else notice when (in the 3rd) we ran the same play to the left something like 6 out of 7 plays?

BTW: been readin posts her for a few weeks. First post:D

stoopified
10/22/2006, 11:49 AM
ENA
AP
Mexi-QHeh

David Earl
10/22/2006, 12:54 PM
Who's ENA?

ENA stands for "Boomer Sooner Ringtones".

freshchris05
10/22/2006, 05:00 PM
so what happened to the pulling mossis madu's redshirt?? did i miss something?

and i heard that we were turning murray into a slot reciever? i guess well never know till next year alot could happen...

brown looked good his legs kept moving all the time thats good to see, you could tell his fresh outta high school mentality by bouncing everything to the outside though.. i really like all the young and unexperienced backs we have, i cant wait to watch and see what happens

bixby28
10/22/2006, 05:06 PM
I suppose we could break out the old TRCB for Chris Brown, since you know..the one that was a Buffalo is TFCB.

i think Sexual Chocolate works as a good nickname.

jccouger
10/22/2006, 05:12 PM
Chris Brown is gonna be a fumbler. Looking at all of his carries, the ball is bouncing around in his arms quite a bit

He was just nervous.

The Preach Man
10/22/2006, 05:51 PM
"AP" I like that....

hahahahahahahahahaha

This will be a lot of fun.

westcoast_sooner
10/22/2006, 07:41 PM
I didn't particularly like him running up the backs of his blockers all night when he might have been able to bust inside or outside for a few more yards. I think that's correctable with some coaching and a little more experience.

I'd like to see more of Chris Brown - I liked the way he ran in mop up duty.

David Earl
10/22/2006, 07:43 PM
I've heard Brown is sort of a hidden diamond. Word is he practiced really well all week and by week's end he was ahead of Madu.

goingoneight
10/22/2006, 07:44 PM
ENA stands for "Boomer Sooner Ringtones".

I thought it was a reversed acronym for All Night, Everyday... :confused:

goingoneight
10/22/2006, 07:46 PM
so what happened to the pulling mossis madu's redshirt?? did i miss something?

and i heard that we were turning murray into a slot reciever? i guess well never know till next year alot could happen...

brown looked good his legs kept moving all the time thats good to see, you could tell his fresh outta high school mentality by bouncing everything to the outside though.. i really like all the young and unexperienced backs we have, i cant wait to watch and see what happens

I'll be honest with ya, I've got tape of AD's first few games, and it looked to me like the guy was just blowing through wide-open holes... I think he turned out alright... :D I guess time and true challenge will be the real truth teller.

westcoast_sooner
10/22/2006, 08:40 PM
I was just happy to see AD providing Allen Patrick a little extra "coaching" on the sidelines. I think he'll probably be fine, and will learn more about how/when to make cuts the more games he plays. Good to see AD provide that kind of advice to his teammate - seems like the true measure of a team player.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/23/2006, 07:58 AM
We are totally ****ed. I'd be willing to bet that not one of those back-up RB pussies can jump on a 42" box with more than 25# dumbells in each hand. We are totally jacked up.

start8
10/23/2006, 08:12 AM
Has the AP put the call out on the CB yet? Anyone? Bueller?

rainiersooner
10/23/2006, 01:28 PM
Yes, but why do they call him "AP?"

Because he plays "After Peterson."

David Earl
10/23/2006, 01:31 PM
Because he plays "After Peterson."

Yeah, but how they get that out of "E.N.A." I will never understand.

The Maestro
10/23/2006, 01:43 PM
Patrick can be MOTD

Most of the Day

There can only be one...ALL DAY!

Ash
10/23/2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah, but how they get that out of "E.N.A." I will never understand.

Where's the link to that "Boomer Sooner Ringtone" you were talking about?
:confused:

ruf/nekdad
10/23/2006, 05:42 PM
Patrick can be MOTD

Most of the Day

There can only be one...ALL DAY!

MOTD, I like that.

Collier11
10/23/2006, 07:05 PM
Two things:
1st-On Chris Brown instead of madu, what ive heard is that Brown is obviously more of a I-Formation back and he is actually gonna be #2(just what ive heard)and they want to save madu if they can for 4 full years. Thats why they are going after a rb this year even with patrick, gut, and the three stud freshman because Ive heard murray is gonna be moved to a slot type player.
2nd- Kevin wilson said that patrick could have broken bigger runs and it was his fault he didnt cus he pounded in him all week to bust it inside and he said he thinks he over-coached him...just some un-professional analysis!!!

emoinwinter
10/23/2006, 10:28 PM
I don't like Murray being put in only to be slot receiver, unless we use him like USC used Bush. We could use him as the occational RB, WR, and PR

bixby28
10/24/2006, 11:17 PM
I don't like Murray being put in only to be slot receiver, unless we use him like USC used Bush. We could use him as the occational RB, WR, and PR

Murray is a little smaller than Brown and Madu from what i noticed at the fall scrimmage. I think he'll be a good player but i don't know about Murray solely playing running back at OU.