PDA

View Full Version : Bob will not be watching game tapes of Mizzou

tnraider1
10/21/2006, 10:31 PM
He was going to, but he "didn't want the hard facts getting in the way of his decisions."

Is anyone else as pumped as I am about beating the hell out of Thug U next year?

AzianSooner
10/21/2006, 10:47 PM
oh well, unless PT plays again next year.

Snrfn4ever08
10/21/2006, 10:58 PM
He was going to, but he "didn't want the hard facts getting in the way of his decisions."

Is anyone else as pumped as I am about beating the hell out of Thug U next year?
yea, but what do we do if they get the death penalty...i love to dream :D

TheHumanAlphabet
10/22/2006, 04:37 AM
Shalala is a women's private part and has no balls (physically and metaphorically speaking). FIU has kicked two people off the football team (still honoring the scholarship) and Thug U doesn't kick off helmet swinging guy and stomping guys? WTF?!?!?! Fox News guy hit Thug U hard for not disciplining people more and kicking people off the team like FIU. FIU guy was a Thug U guy and says he has respect for Thug U and knows they will make the right decisions. Way to slam Thug U!!!

Dio
10/22/2006, 07:20 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but what does MU game tape have to do with the CoCaines? TIA

KYHonorarySooner
10/22/2006, 09:08 AM
Shalala is a women's private part and has no balls (physically and metaphorically speaking). FIU has kicked two people off the football team (still honoring the scholarship) and Thug U doesn't kick off helmet swinging guy and stomping guys? WTF?!?!?! Fox News guy hit Thug U hard for not disciplining people more and kicking people off the team like FIU. FIU guy was a Thug U guy and says he has respect for Thug U and knows they will make the right decisions. Way to slam Thug U!!!

Almost no idea what this is saying... lost me at the 5th Thug U :D

OKC-SLC
10/22/2006, 09:12 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but what does MU game tape have to do with the CoCaines? TIA
yes, please explain.

TIA.

Flagstaffsooner
10/22/2006, 09:17 AM
Missouri and Miami both begin with M. Gawd, you guys are dense.:D

birddog
10/22/2006, 09:21 AM
i get the connection. just too lazy to explain.

soonerthanu
10/22/2006, 09:31 AM
Hes talking about miamis prez response or quote whatever she said she wouldnt watch the tape yada yada yada

tnraider1
10/22/2006, 09:38 AM
Bad analogy I guess, prompted by too much liquid Barley. Just getting at the point of, if you have video tape that you can watch to base your decisions off of then why wouldn't you use it? The statement that dumb broad made during a press conference should haunt her the rest of her life. How does someone that stupid get in a position of power? This is like the 3rd time in the past 7 games that Miami has had some kind of altercation like this, yet no one does anything about it. NCAA should have given them the death penalty when they had the chance a few years back.

I guess I was getting at that her not watching the video before handing out suspensions would be like Bob not watching game tape in preperation for the Missouri game. It would be stupid, kind of like my analogy. ;)

Flagstaffsooner
10/22/2006, 09:45 AM
How does someone that stupid get in a position of power? She was in the Clinton administration.

tnraider1
10/22/2006, 09:51 AM
She was in the Clinton administration.

Heh. I had a line in my last post about that comment sounding like something a liberal would say, but took it out. Figures.

Scott D
10/22/2006, 09:54 AM
How does someone that stupid get in a position of power?

She's waiting for David Caruso to bust out in his H-2 to solve the mystery and enact the punishment for her.

Flagstaffsooner
10/22/2006, 09:56 AM
Heh. I had a line in my last post about that comment sounding like something a liberal would say, but took it out. Figures.The old nasty smelling twat was Secretary of Health and Human Services.

OKC-SLC
10/22/2006, 09:57 AM
ahhhhh, i follow now.

i hadn't yet heard the comments from the miami president.

tnraider1
10/22/2006, 10:03 AM
The old nasty smelling twat was Secretary of Health and Human Services.

That's makes sense then, she's probably used to ignoring the facts, or covering them up.

I didn't know you could say twat on this board. :eek:

Flagstaffsooner
10/22/2006, 10:16 AM
Some high horsed mod will bane it next week.:D

Anybody got a link to Shalala's statement? I cant seem to find it. TIA

tnraider1
10/22/2006, 10:37 AM
This isn't the statement, but funny. Still looking.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/cfb/story/6078502

The brawl between the University of Miami and Florida International was a nasty, nasty sight. (John L. White / Associated Press)

The ensuing donnybrook also serves as the lead item in today's episode of The Friday Rewind.

Our navigator is University of Miami president Donna Shalala, who sharpened her sense of presidential restraint while working in the Clinton Administration.

President Shalala's swift and decisive reaction to lead-off sanctions – vis-à-vis the melee at hand – was administered after choosing not to review videotape of the event. Please note that Shalala's decision was not made after being unable to locate an eight-year-old capable of operating her DVD player; the president simply didn't want her judgment or emotions affected by hard evidence.

Her reaction was to give the thumbs-up on sanctions imposed by the athletic department and the Atlantic Coast Conference. At first blush, 13 Miami players were suspended for one entire game.

The punished included team captain Brandon Meriweather – who used his cleats to stomp on the legs of fallen FIU players – and helmet-yielding Anthony Reddick.

After careful thought, Miami officials decided the suspensions for Meriweather and Reddick should be upgraded to indefinite. The amended policy reads as follows: "Use a helmet, don't go to Duke or Georgia Tech."

While agreeing that violence after the whistle is a bad thing, Miami coach Larry Coker admitted his players usually are provoked into bad behavior. According to college football watchdogs, opponents generally attempt to get the 'Canes' collective goat through the brazen act of showing up to play them.

With Shalala putting her foot down on criminal behavior within the football program (the three-strike doctrine didn't seem to be working), Coker has instituted a few changes of his own:

1. In a commitment to a more conservative approach, Miami no longer will throw helmets on first down.
2. Taunting opponents will not be allowed until Miami returns to the Top 25 of the Associated Press national rankings.
3. Miami no longer will recruit players with rap sheets that require an ink-cartridge change for a single print-out.
4. Players will not be informed when the credential-request list includes scouts from the Cincinnati Bengals.
5. The film Gridiron Gang will not be used as a motivational tool. 6. Under-the-radar recruits should not be referred to as "concealed weapons."
7. WWMID – What Would Michael Irvin Do? – will no longer be used as a guideline for off-field behavior.
8. "Swagger" no longer will be recognized as a major within the physical education department.

Flagstaffsooner
10/22/2006, 10:48 AM
3. Miami no longer will recruit players with rap sheets that require an ink-cartridge change for a single print-out.
:D

tulsaoilerfan
10/22/2006, 10:59 AM
You lost me from the get go on this one:D

Pricetag
10/22/2006, 11:02 AM
Just getting at the point of, if you have video tape that you can watch to base your decisions off of then why wouldn't you use it?
She sees the replay officials getting away with it this year, so why not give it a try?

stoopified
10/22/2006, 11:38 AM
This post makes my head hurt.