PDA

View Full Version : OU crowd got a little skinny by the 4th quarter...

Soonerus
10/21/2006, 10:16 PM
...but it was darn cold and the game was a little boring....

goingoneight
10/21/2006, 10:22 PM
**** ******** **** *** *****, no ******* way you should ever leave a freezing cold game until you're ahead by 77 ******* points!!! :D

Soonerus
10/21/2006, 10:24 PM
Hey, I was there to the bitter end...

sooneron
10/21/2006, 10:27 PM
Unless it's single digits, the cold has no bearing, unless you're a *****.

Soonerus
10/21/2006, 10:29 PM
I'll bet it was pretty nippy in the upper deck....

royalfan5
10/21/2006, 10:31 PM
They don't sell coats and long underwear in Oklahoma? Unless your first name is Sally, the weather shouldn't be an excuse.

Snrfn4ever08
10/21/2006, 10:47 PM
does complete and utter boredom count for anything?

Ground_Attack
10/21/2006, 10:54 PM
dude, it was in the 40s. I know the wind chill was lower but I've been to MUCH colder games. OU-A&M 98?

Snrfn4ever08
10/21/2006, 10:56 PM
dude, it was in the 40s. I know the wind chill was lower but I've been to MUCH colder games. OU-A&M 98?
yea, at least it wasn't as cold as the last time colorado came to town, although that had to be one of the best games i've ever been to. they were actually good, we were still elite, and we put a nice little beatdown on 'em in the rain and cold

Soonerus
10/21/2006, 10:56 PM

We have all been to a lot colder or we have not been to many games...

OUstud
10/21/2006, 11:03 PM
1. That game was dreadful because CU was obviously pulling the ol' Callahan trick trying not to get blown out.
2. We did tend to run the Chuck Long offense (lots of up the middle runs).
3. It was dang windy and chilly.
4. For Bill Simmons readers, it was a Milton Berle game for OU. :D

Mjcpr
10/21/2006, 11:05 PM
4. For Bill Simmons readers, it was a Milton Berle game for OU. :D

It had a huge wanker?

Fugue
10/21/2006, 11:08 PM
It had a huge wanker?

you never stop do ya? :D

spek limit

KYHonorarySooner
10/22/2006, 09:06 AM
For all y'all who left early I can't even watch the game on tv where I am much less be at the stadium and see it live. Next time you decide to head down/up the steps with 12:00 left in the 4th think about them apples...

umberto
10/22/2006, 09:28 AM
I'll bet it was pretty nippy in the upper deck....

It was positively brutal in the upper deck. I stayed until the bitter end, but it was a test. Thank god for the hooded sweatshirt and thermals!! :D

BajaOklahoma
10/22/2006, 09:30 AM
More fans = more wind block + more body heat

Also, those hand warmers from the sporting goods store last for 8 hours. They have them for feet also.

achiro
10/22/2006, 09:57 AM
But you dressed for the colder games. The weather man said 63 and I don't think it ever got that warm all day. Also the wind. I'm betting that a lot of folks dressed for 50's-60's weather instead of what we actually had.

OUHOMER
10/22/2006, 10:21 AM
I watched the weather and they said it was going to be cold. So i dressed for it. granted I sit low on the west side. But I always stay, if the players are on the field, i am in the stands.

OUAndy1807
10/22/2006, 10:26 AM
the 40mph wind gusts really hurt us on the upper deck. The only game that I remember that was colder was one of the Nebraska games in the early to mid nineties where it drizzled the whole game and the 2000 big 12 championship in KC.

RacerX
10/22/2006, 10:47 AM
It wasn't full to start. Then there was constant trickle of fans leaving that accelerated at halftime.

**** poor fans.

IB4OU2
10/22/2006, 10:47 AM
Being an Upper deck season ticket holder....that was one of the coldest games I've sat thru in a while and I was prepard but the 40MPH was brutal. The flying trash and debri was also sorta dangerous. ( like the flying Pizza Hut lid tops they were like little flying saw blades. :D )

Touchdown_Oklahoma
10/22/2006, 10:50 AM
I liked the way our defense stepped up. Never get tired of hearing" tackle by #42 rufus alexander" he was all over the field!

Big Red Ron
10/22/2006, 10:53 AM
Wind Chill was 35 in the third quarter. I satyed until we went up 17 - 0. Then my wife and daughter used their female manipulation tactics.

RacerX
10/22/2006, 10:53 AM
Being an Upper deck season ticket holder....that was one of the coldest games I've sat thru in a while and I was prepard but the 40MPH was brutal. The flying trash and debri was also sorta dangerous. ( like the flying Pizza Hut lid tops they were like little flying saw blades. :D )

Ditto. We're in 101. My legs were friggin cold. The hard part is that it was pretty much the first cold weather of the year.

tulsaoilerfan
10/22/2006, 10:56 AM
does complete and utter boredom count for anything?
This game was so boring i feel asleep during the 4th quarter, so i can't blame anyone for leaving early:pop:

IB4OU2
10/22/2006, 10:59 AM
Ditto. We're in 101. My legs were friggin cold. The hard part is that it was pretty much the first cold weather of the year.

I think anybody that spent anytime at all on the upperdeck last night deserves a medal.......It was funny, everytime we made a touchdown the fireworks were set off but were'nt all exploded till about midfield.

RacerX
10/22/2006, 11:02 AM
Chris Brown scored that TD for us!

umberto
10/22/2006, 04:22 PM
The vendors kept running out of hot chocolate on the East side upper deck. I thought there was going to be a riot at one point. Also, the men's rooms were jammed packed all of the 3rd and 4th. I stayed out in the weather, but a lot of my section ended up gone or "listening" to the game in the head.

OUGreg723
10/22/2006, 05:22 PM
Anyone who leaves a game early just because the game is boring and cold is a being a bad fan. I understand if you need to leave for important reasons , but our students need to step it up big time. Growing up in Boston and Washington DC I only got to go to one game a year. I am living the dream now as a freshman going to every game and staying until the fat lady sings. I can't ever remember the students being this bad. It's really pathetic. I don't know what the answer is for their bad support.

Maybe the Athletic Dept should start some new traditions like the Steeler's terrible towel, or pompoms in every seat before every game. Just little things like that can get the crowd more pumped up and excited. Get the fans involved and they will have more fun. It's already frickin' awesome anyway. Maybe its just a bad class of students...I dunno.

I think I should stop sitting around and complaining about it, and see what I can do about it. Somebody's got to say something. Might as well be me.

Petro-Sooner
10/22/2006, 05:32 PM
Anyone who leaves a game early just because the game is boring and cold is a being a bad fan. I understand if you need to leave for important reasons , but our students need to step it up big time. Growing up in Boston and Washington DC I only got to go to one game a year. I am living the dream now as a freshman going to every game and staying until the fat lady sings. I can't ever remember the students being this bad. It's really pathetic. I don't know what the answer is for their bad support.

Maybe the Athletic Dept should start some new traditions like the Steeler's terrible towel, or pompoms in every seat before every game. Just little things like that can get the crowd more pumped up and excited. Get the fans involved and they will have more fun. It's already frickin' awesome anyway. Maybe its just a bad class of students...I dunno.

I think I should stop sitting around and complaining about it, and see what I can do about it. Somebody's got to say something. Might as well be me.

Its the same ol story since I came in 99. Every year people bitch about it. It will only get worse when b-ball starts up. No one shows up til January. Its just the way it is. Good luck trying to change it.

OUAndy1807
10/22/2006, 08:50 PM
yeah, don't even get me started on the b-ball attendance. **** poor at best

BigDeezy
10/22/2006, 10:29 PM
I don't think a lot of fans were prepared for the weather, I know I wasn't. The weather report said it would be in the low to mid 50's, and that's what I dressed for. It was much, much colder than that. I nearly froze my arse off.

ouwasp
10/23/2006, 12:33 AM
I took my son to his first Sooner game yesterday. He's only 13, doesn't know a lot of football. But he was truly excited at his first visit to Owen Field, even though AD was out...

We were prepared for the cold. Sat in the north end zone, so we were mostly shielded from the wind.

But the game was utterly boring. The Sooners never scored in our end zone. I kept telling my son most games weren't like this, he seemed to accept that. We left at the start of the 4th, after OU had expanded to 17-0. One could sense that the puffs could start every drive at our 40 and Never score.

yermom
10/23/2006, 12:42 AM
Chris Brown scored that TD for us!

thanks, Chris Brown :D

SoonerMason
10/23/2006, 06:50 AM
I stayed from start to finish. I was in the bluehair part of section 3. I got yelled at for most of the game!

"DOWN IN FRONT!" "WE WANT TO SEE THE GAME TOO!"

My girlfriend told them that they could see the game from their couch if they wanted to sit down.

Man, am I lucky or what? :D

achiro
10/23/2006, 07:37 AM
I took my son to his first Sooner game yesterday. He's only 13, doesn't know a lot of football. But he was truly excited at his first visit to Owen Field, even though AD was out...

We were prepared for the cold. Sat in the north end zone, so we were mostly shielded from the wind.

But the game was utterly boring. The Sooners never scored in our end zone. I kept telling my son most games weren't like this, he seemed to accept that. We left at the start of the 4th, after OU had expanded to 17-0. One could sense that the puffs could start every drive at our 40 and Never score.
MY son is 6, this was his first game too. We sat in the North end zone as well. I was also very disappointed that they never made it down to our end of the field for him to see it up close but guess the wind had them to skeert to throw the ball.:D

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
10/23/2006, 07:38 AM
I don't think a lot of fans were prepared for the weather, I know I wasn't. The weather report said it would be in the low to mid 50's, and that's what I dressed for. It was much, much colder than that. I nearly froze my arse off.

I'm not a weather man but I do have the ability to STEP OUTSIDE!! The game started at 6. The front moved in where I'm at around noonish. Went running around 2 and it was FREAKIN cold!! Lack of prep is no excuse for not staying.

randu
10/23/2006, 07:52 AM
I'm not a weather man but I do have the ability to STEP OUTSIDE!! The game started at 6. The front moved in where I'm at around noonish. Went running around 2 and it was FREAKIN cold!! Lack of prep is no excuse for not staying.
Some people come in from out of state and don't really have the option of just stepping outside to see what the weather is like right before the game. It wasn't just a few people that didn't have stuff for the cold weather because the book store was packed with people trying to buy blankets, gloves, ear warmers and what not. About every 3 or 4 minutes someone would say they have socks for sale that could be used for gloves.

FYI, my wife and I stayed the whole game but I could see why people might leave early. I never would but I wasn't too upset.

boomersooner82
10/23/2006, 09:44 AM
I stayed from start to finish. I was in the bluehair part of section 3. I got yelled at for most of the game!

"DOWN IN FRONT!" "WE WANT TO SEE THE GAME TOO!"

My girlfriend told them that they could see the game from their couch if they wanted to sit down.

Man, am I lucky or what? :D

What a woman! Props to her for putting the old people in their place.

It really wasn't that cold people, though I was in the lower bowl and I have sympathy for the upper deckers. I actually got warm a few times. The trick is to stand up and cheer. Make a little noise and jump around a little. It's a lot colder when you're sitting down just watching the game (spectators). Props to those who stayed to the end and didn't let females drag them out of the stadium by their nuts.

umberto
10/25/2006, 10:15 AM
What a woman! Props to her for putting the old people in their place.

It really wasn't that cold people, though I was in the lower bowl and I have sympathy for the upper deckers. I actually got warm a few times. The trick is to stand up and cheer. Make a little noise and jump around a little. It's a lot colder when you're sitting down just watching the game (spectators). Props to those who stayed to the end and didn't let females drag them out of the stadium by their nuts.

It didn't help (not that I stopped cheering), because the wind was cutting you in two. Plus, the section was so empty that nothing broke up the wind. Thank goodness I decided to put on that hooded sweatshirt over everything else, or I don't know if I would have made it.

I think football needs to be played when it's cold. It just seems to fit: Tough game, tough weather. :D

Salt City Sooner
10/25/2006, 12:27 PM
Top row of 233 for me, & yes, it was brutal. Bought a diet Coke about a half hour before the game & still had most of the ice in it when the clock read 0:00.

TexasSooner01
10/25/2006, 01:54 PM
I was on row 62 in the North Endzone....we had shelter from the wind but it was still brutal! We stayed the whole game though.

Taxman71
10/25/2006, 03:51 PM
This thread would not exist if they sold alcohol in the stadium!