PDA

View Full Version : I'm pumped!

The Maestro
10/21/2006, 10:03 PM
We could seriously lose the rest of our games. 4 of the last 5 on the road. Missouri and A&M. Tough as hell. Tech at home. Not easy. They play us tough. At Baylor and OSU. Well, hell...they both suck, but they are both close to being bowl eligible. It is truly OU against the freaking world. I am pumped as purple punch to watch what happens to this Sooner team. I gotta funny feeling Dr. Stoops is gonna earn his keep these next five weeks. If nothing else, get yer *** to San Diego, Sooners...us Phoenician Sooners were hoping for Glendale, but a trip out west will work for us.

And if you burn Chris Brown's redshirt, you might as well admit he is AP's backup, not Gute. Otherwise, a foolish move.

goingoneight
10/21/2006, 10:05 PM
Good solid points, but IMHO, burning BC's redshirt was a move by a coach who doesn't expect AD back any time soon, if at all.

batonrougesooner
10/21/2006, 10:06 PM
I too was wondering why burn the redshirt for a few mop-up plays. Yes he scored but so what?

Soonerus
10/21/2006, 10:08 PM
Defensive play bodes well for the future games....

The Maestro
I think burning CB's redshirt was foolish, but don't get me started on the Stoops era kickoff team redshirt burns, et al. BUT...since they did...get his *** in there a lot!! The fella looked like he could run and God love Gute, but he is not an I-formation back. He needs four wides and a one back set to work.

birddog
we have 5 games left. if ap goes down, we'll need someone to spell gute.
i think it's fine. we'll see chris brown for a long time.

sooneron
10/21/2006, 10:09 PM
I think burning Chris's redshirt had to do with the coaches seeing the beating that AP was taking.

Mjcpr
10/21/2006, 10:09 PM
Not to mention AP can't carry it 40 times a game and for whatever reason, Gute wasn't getting many carries.

King Crimson
10/21/2006, 10:11 PM
and Patrick was cramping up too. i was kind of surprised....i thought Madu was the player to come out of RS.

birddog
10/21/2006, 10:18 PM
and Patrick was cramping up too. i was kind of surprised....i thought Madu was the player to come out of RS.
that's what i heard. not sure what changed.

KingDavid
10/21/2006, 10:19 PM
I think we need to get the young players lots of reps the rest of the season . . . especially to build depth on the O-line. I say burn the RS's for the whole lot of 'em. Let's see who can play now rather than speculate in the Spring and Fall. Let's find our next star . . .

SoonerStud615
10/21/2006, 10:51 PM
We could also win out. Although Kyle Field is loud they're not exactly a really tough team right now. Tech is also playing sub-par. Baylor and OSU should and let me emphasize should be guaranteed wins. That said, if we can pull it off against Mizzou, we have a decent shot at winning out.

Snrfn4ever08
10/21/2006, 10:54 PM
i wanna know who did that ingenious scheduling job. through our first 7 games, we had 1 away game. in our last 5, we have four. stupid big 12 conference:mad:

OUWxGuesser
10/21/2006, 11:22 PM
What is the deal with gut? I figured he would see more p.t. than what he got.

Soonerus
10/21/2006, 11:28 PM
What is the deal with gut? I figured he would see more p.t. than what he got.

Me too, I don't know why he was so limited...

Ash
10/21/2006, 11:29 PM
Gute's coming off a blown knee. He's in there in for certain situations as well. Whatever Brown can do in the running game, Gute will be in there because he does well with protection.