PDA

View Full Version : Four straight games...

Frozen Sooner
10/21/2006, 09:27 PM
...that the defense has allowed less than 250 yards.

That Venables guy looks like he can coach, I guess. ;)

And yeah, I know that CU's offense is offensive. But only 5 first downs and 120 total yards-most of which came on one drive with the game in hand-is pretty good against anyone.

Newbomb Turk
10/21/2006, 09:30 PM
no matter who you play, that is pretty impressive.

russltl
10/21/2006, 09:32 PM
No one else will stop OU this year.

ADs_Agent
10/21/2006, 09:42 PM
I recant my Venables rants, he is doing a solid job with the D, good idea to move into the Nickel with Ah-You at Nose

Scott D
10/21/2006, 09:45 PM
amazing what remembering to wrap and tackle will do ;)

goingoneight
10/21/2006, 09:50 PM
Bragging about shutting out Middle Tennessee A&M "THE STATE'S UNIVERSITY" BRSI Tech was a stretch, but I'll agree with ya, they're doing good.

I can't argue that they're getting better, but what I can argue is that they're still looking silly at times. Like I stated before, that silliness has been going on for three years now, so I'll take what we can get... Seriously, Jackson had only one completion, and then all of a sudden we couldn't stop the pass or the run, and allowed a field goal with the wind at OUr backs. The challenge of making up for AD's loss is only gonna get stiffer in coming weeks against UM and aTm, though I still believe both are winnable games...

Keep it up Bob, BV, BJW... I'm still one to believe Bob had to do with the change up on defense tonight, good jorb anywho, credit is due.

MissouriSooner
10/21/2006, 09:51 PM
No one else will stop OU this year.
Missouri is going to give our D all it wants next Saturday morning. As will aTm when we play down there. If the D doesn't muscle up and hit them in the mouth on every play, it will be a long day at both games.

birddog
10/21/2006, 09:54 PM
Missouri is going to give our D all it wants next Saturday morning. As will aTm when we play down there. If the D doesn't muscle up and hit them in the mouth on every play, it will be a long day at both games.

it's going to be a long day for any team we play too. you don't see that?
if a&m and mizzou don't hit us in the mouth on every play, they're going to be in for a long day.

see how that works?

Soonerus
10/21/2006, 11:00 PM
Missouri could easily forget the game time and not show up on time....Mizzou is the least of my worries.....

the_ouskull
10/22/2006, 12:12 AM
My $0.02.

Our last four games have consisted of Tejas and some Sisters of the Poor and Mercifully Crippled. And, against Tejas, it's hard for them to rack up yardage when we keep giving them the ball on OUR side of the field.

But yes, to be fair, the D has looked MUCH better the last few games...

the_ouskull

Frozen Sooner
10/22/2006, 02:10 AM
My $0.02.

Our last four games have consisted of Tejas and some Sisters of the Poor and Mercifully Crippled. And, against Tejas, it's hard for them to rack up yardage when we keep giving them the ball on OUR side of the field.

But yes, to be fair, the D has looked MUCH better the last few games...

the_ouskull

Actually, Danny, if memory serves, our defense only allowed seven points off of five TOs-and they never got on the field for it, as it was run back for a TD. And all but two of the five occured on drives in Texas territory. The defense played very stoutly against Texas, holding them to something like nine three-and-outs and very few sustained drives.

the_ouskull
10/22/2006, 03:58 AM
Regardless, after Tejas threw that pass to go up on us, regardless of how well the D had looked, I never, at any point, felt like we were going to come back on them. I knew that we couldn't score AND hold them.

Besides, it's not like I remember anything that happened after halftime anyway... :D

the_ouskull

Widescreen
10/22/2006, 06:57 AM
What would be REALLY great is if our guys would be taught how to tackle and not overrun plays BEFORE the season starts instead of halfway through. ;)