PDA

View Full Version : Gamechanging calls by the "Officials"

OUmillenium
10/21/2006, 07:05 PM
Official idiots I say.

When are the officials gonna stop making these "game changing" calls and no-calls against the Sooners?

There was no interference by the Sooners on the fumbled punt reception by Colorado. Ball bounded off receivers chest, to hands, to ground, then recovered by OU.

Penalty on OU...Colorado ball.

Unfreakinbelievable.

BoonesFarmSooner
10/21/2006, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I didn't think there was a halo rule in college football this year?

tulsaoilerfan
10/21/2006, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I didn't think there was a halo rule in college football this year?

There isn't; it looked like an iffy call to me also, but it also did look like DJ's leg hit the Colorado player's leg right as he tried to make the catch; don't know if that was it though

the_ouskull
10/21/2006, 07:58 PM
There is no halo, and there can be interference without touching... D.J.'s head was basically laying on the guy's shoulder. Which would make sense. D.J. was probably crying to him, asking him why he sucks so badly at everything he does since moving from tailback.

the_ouskull

Ground_Attack
10/21/2006, 08:05 PM
there isn't

Jackal
10/21/2006, 08:21 PM
There is no halo, and there can be interference without touching... D.J.'s head was basically laying on the guy's shoulder. Which would make sense. D.J. was probably crying to him, asking him why he sucks so badly at everything he does since moving from tailback.

the_ouskull

Thx skull, a fellow D.J. hata in the house. No matter where he is, bad things happen.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/22/2006, 04:40 AM
Uhhh, Liked how the game was almost over before the F-ing refs called a hold on the Puffs. The holds and takedowns were not being called all game...

Oh and as bad as the Puffs were, they were still being thuggy and jaw-y out there. What a crap school!

Dio
10/22/2006, 07:15 AM
Oh and as bad as the Puffs were, they were still being thuggy and jaw-y out there. What a crap school!

When they recognized that CU fan who had season tickets for 30-whatever years, I said "Man, that's a lot of marshmallows!"

snp
10/22/2006, 11:53 AM
Complaining about the officals...Check

Hating on DJ Wolfe...Check

Allow me to make this thread go full cycle for SF.com
BRETT VENERABLES SUCKS

Frozen Sooner
10/22/2006, 01:20 PM
Minus the DJ Hate, Skull is correct. You can't interfere with a player's opportunity to catch the ball on a punt. Getting right up in his face as close as DJ was is gonna get a flag every time.

yermom
10/22/2006, 02:28 PM
when is Pontiac going to have a poll for these? ;)

ADs_Agent
10/22/2006, 02:58 PM
Official idiots I say.

When are the officials gonna stop making these "game changing" calls and no-calls against the Sooners?

There was no interference by the Sooners on the fumbled punt reception by Colorado. Ball bounded off receivers chest, to hands, to ground, then recovered by OU.

Penalty on OU...Colorado ball.

Unfreakinbelievable.

how was it game changing? The defense held CU to a 3 and out after the call, had CU have won I may have agreed with you, it was a judgement call, no clear cut yes or no, NO INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE.

the_ouskull
10/22/2006, 03:48 PM
Complaining about the officals...Check

Hating on DJ Wolfe...Check

Allow me to make this thread go full cycle for SF.com
BRETT VENERABLES SUCKS

I didn't complain about the officials. They made the right call.

Complaining about D.J. Wolfe is going to happen. The guy is freaking lost when he's on the field, special teams or otherwise. I was here when Pee Wee Woods was one of our cover corners, and I know what sh*tty coverage looks like. When Wolfe can't beat out Chichoke Onjoydslhfslua to start, what's that tell ya?

And, while I'm still not sold on Brentie V.'s ability to gameplan, we have looked a great deal better since the Tejas game. (And IN the Tejas game as well... other than man coverage by the aforementioned Mr. Wolfe.)

the_ouskull

OUmillenium
10/23/2006, 09:16 AM
how was it game changing? The defense held CU to a 3 and out after the call, had CU have won I may have agreed with you, it was a judgement call, no clear cut yes or no, NO INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE.

Field position. We get the ball there + a quick score and it might shatter the buffs focus. OU might have rolled by 40 or more. That doesn't happen and the game is relatively close...10-0 halftime and the late touchdown made it 24-3.

You ever seen a football game before?

ADs_Agent
10/23/2006, 10:14 AM
Field position. We get the ball there + a quick score and it might shatter the buffs focus. OU might have rolled by 40 or more. That doesn't happen and the game is relatively close...10-0 halftime and the late touchdown made it 24-3.

what had the CU offense showed you that told you they could score? What did the defense show you that would give you the implication that CU could come back and win? 24-3 is just as much of a win as 1000135123-3 is.

Landthief 1972
10/23/2006, 10:20 AM

With that high wind and low temperature, we were lucky to get 24. You don't score 40 points on the ground with this squad. PT is no Jamelle Holliway, and Patrick is no Spenser Tillman.

You ever had to catch a football in 35-40 degree weather? It's like catching/throwing a cinder block. Your hands can't flex and the ball has zero flex.

the_ouskull
10/23/2006, 08:56 PM
You ever had to catch a football in 35-40 degree weather? It's like catching/throwing a cinder block. Your hands can't flex and the ball has zero flex.

First of all, I want to say that I DON'T feel this way... but, for some reason, something made me want to type this:

"Yeah, but have they ever had to work two jobs, take 15 hours towards a degree every semester without tutors, worry about paying all of their own bills with those two jobs, and still try to enjoy college enough to forget about the fact that you'll spend the next 10+ years of your life paying it all back to the bank?"

the_ouskull

stoopified
10/25/2006, 04:17 PM

the_ouskullI agree but not to long after that play there was an identical situation with OU catching the ball and of course it was a no-call.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/25/2006, 04:43 PM
Face it, we have an "officials problem". Don't know why, but it seems to be a reality. Don't have any idea what can be done about it, either. Any ideas?

snp
10/25/2006, 08:53 PM
Face it, we have an "officials problem". Don't know why, but it seems to be a reality. Don't have any idea what can be done about it, either. Any ideas?

Quit crying about it.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/26/2006, 12:31 AM
Quit crying about it.great solution!