PDA

View Full Version : Dear Texas,

royalfan5
10/21/2006, 08:47 AM
Hope you like cold and wet,
Love,
Nebraska Weather

It's nice to have real football weather for this game. Now, I must go find my long underwear. Colt's going to look like a drowned kitten after this one. GBR

King Crimson
10/21/2006, 08:59 AM
you think Callahan will actually try and win this game? he usually grabs his ankles and softly mews "meow" against top 10 teams.

it's kind of sad since Zac Taylor is NU's best player but Cally will take away his chance to make plays. UT will win and cover.

royalfan5
10/21/2006, 09:05 AM
you think Callahan will actually try and win this game? he usually grabs his ankles and softly mews "meow" against top 10 teams.

it's kind of sad since Zac Taylor is NU's best player but Cally will take away his chance to make plays. UT will win and cover.
It's a good question, and probably a good thing that I'm still half-drunk from last night.

noobalicious
10/21/2006, 09:09 AM
Go Huskers...you guys better kick some arse. I'll be pulling for you and watchin the entire game since we don't start til 6.

SoonerRoads
10/21/2006, 09:10 AM
Texas doesn't cover today and may in fact...lose outright. There is a good reason that they are only favored by 4. Their QB can't pull that ball down and run like last year. Nasty, cold weather and the Nebraska fanbase at Lincoln are great equalizers. IF, Texas wins.....it is only by 27-24.

I can root for the Huskers...they have great fans and are great people. Screw Texas.

fadada1
10/21/2006, 09:11 AM
10 years ago, with the bugeater's running game, i would've bet the house, car, property, farm, county on the whorns losing this one. the weather might turn this one into a pillow (biter) fight.

royalfan5
10/21/2006, 09:15 AM
10 years ago, with the bugeater's running game, i would've bet the house, car, property, farm, county on the whorns losing this one. the weather might turn this one into a pillow (biter) fight.
We got beat in the rain with that running game by Rickey fing Williams, Major f'ing Applewhite, and Wane f'ing Magarrity. Texas has owned us since the start of the Big XII. Solich's 1-4 mark against them was a big reason for his firing.

sooneron
10/21/2006, 09:16 AM
Please beat them, NU. I'm not sure you will, but it would be nice. Herbstreit made this one of his upset alerts. Has he hit on any of those? Is he due?

birddog
10/21/2006, 09:17 AM
the fightin' throat slashers will have a good chance with it being a rainy, cold, early morning game.

huskers 24
whorns 20

noobalicious
10/21/2006, 09:17 AM
Even though I have no faith in Callahan, and you guys needed OT to beat Kansas, I still think you have a good shot at knocking them off. And it will be cold...raining and windy right now in Lincoln with a wind chill of 25, so I would say whichever team makes the least mistakes will win. Luckily Nebraska will have the home crowd and won't have a freshman QB.

:hot: Good luck Huskers!

King Crimson
10/21/2006, 09:21 AM
Texas doesn't cover today and may in fact...lose outright. There is a good reason that they are only favored by 4. Their QB can't pull that ball down and run like last year. Nasty, cold weather and the Nebraska fanbase at Lincoln are great equalizers. IF, Texas wins.....it is only by 27-24.

granted he doesn't run like VY, but McCoy is a pretty good athlete. he can convert with his feet.

UT is better on the LOS both sides of the ball.

birddog
10/21/2006, 09:28 AM
hey kc, did you get pelted up there pretty good last night?

King Crimson
10/21/2006, 09:48 AM
hey kc, did you get pelted up there pretty good last night?

it's not too bad....maybe three inches of snow. it's not really very cold and was slushy already when i walked to the store for game vittles about 7. i think most of it not in the shade will melt off by nightfall.

SoonerRoads
10/21/2006, 09:49 AM
KC, I might agree normally, but, Nebraska avgs 448 in Total Off to Texas 394. In Total Def, Texas is at 258 to Nebraska's 316. Texas has TO Ratio of +1.43 to Nebraska's +1.0. Neither average even one FG per game. Texas avgs about 43 points agame to Nebraska's 37 and they both allow about 13.5 points a game. I know that Texas has a great talent on both sides of the line, but it appears that Nebraska has something going as well. We will see, but as I see this as a pretty close ballgame. More than likely will come down to Turnovers and how much of an advantage the cold weather and home field is to the Huskers, but that is just my opinion.

BIG_IKE
10/21/2006, 09:51 AM
Being that McCoy is from outside of Abilene, it snows and freezes there every year. I doubt the cold weather has an effect on him that much. People that have this dusty desert impression of Texas are clueless.

I had cousins that came from California to visit and they could believe that east texas was all forests, and that it snowed regularly in North Texas...

Anywho, If NU wins it won't be because of McCoy, it will be because of the silly coaching calls Greg Davis is famous for.

I hope NU pulls it off. Something tells me this game is gonna get ugly though....maybe for NU , maybe for TU...but I doubt it's close. Someone is gonna get snowballed.

King Crimson
10/21/2006, 09:56 AM
KC, I might agree normally, but, Nebraska avgs 448 in Total Off to Texas 394. In Total Def, Texas is at 258 to Nebraska's 316. Texas has TO Ratio of +1.43 to Nebraska's +1.0. Neither average even one FG per game. Texas avgs about 43 points agame to Nebraska's 37 and they both allow about 13.5 points a game. I know that Texas has a great talent on both sides of the line, but it appears that Nebraska has something going as well. We will see, but as I see this as a pretty close ballgame. More than likely will come down to Turnovers and how much of an advantage the cold weather and home field is to the Huskers, but that is just my opinion.

those are good points you make....i just think TExas is a better football team and NU has been blown out by the one good team they've played and had some trouble with KU. i also think Cosgrove is pretty mediocre as a DC. Kansas had no problem picking up NU's blitzes. If NU wins it's because Taylor makes the throws and UT turns it over.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
10/21/2006, 12:50 PM
Being that McCoy is from outside of Abilene, it snows and freezes there every year. I doubt the cold weather has an effect on him that much. People that have this dusty desert impression of Texas are clueless.

I had cousins that came from California to visit and they could believe that east texas was all forests, and that it snowed regularly in North Texas...

Anywho, If NU wins it won't be because of McCoy, it will be because of the silly coaching calls Greg Davis is famous for.

I hope NU pulls it off. Something tells me this game is gonna get ugly though....maybe for NU , maybe for TU...but I doubt it's close. Someone is gonna get snowballed.

So since when is Abilene in east TX???? I grew up in Lubbock and DFW. Abilene is just what people think of TX, a big *** desert. My wife is from east TX(Shepard), an hour and half NW of Houston, now thats froest, Abilene might have 1/10000 the tress that Shepard has. You funny!!!!!!! Abilene looks alot like Lubbock, its just not as high above sea level as Lubbock!!!! I was also in Altus, OK for 8 yrs, which is desert like, and it does get cold and frezzes, and being thats it farily close to Abilene the weather is close to the same. But to try and compare Abilene weather to Lincoln is just STPUID!!!!

Hornsarelosers
10/21/2006, 01:21 PM
Gotta keep up the passing game.

Fraggle145
10/21/2006, 04:42 PM
**** you.

footballfanatic
10/21/2006, 05:02 PM
Well, I guess that takes care of the cold weather talk. Hooked 'em 22-20.