PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use Ambien?

Frozen Sooner
10/20/2006, 08:53 PM
'Cause this stuff is the bomb-diggety.

I've gotten more uninterupted sleep in the last two weeks than I have, well, ever.

sanantoniosooner
10/20/2006, 08:57 PM
Bankers guilt is deadly.

Oldnslo
10/20/2006, 08:58 PM
um. there are some pretty unusual reports of, um, sort of like sleepwalking. As a side effect.

you might consider chaining yourself to the bed. Or something.

Mongo
10/20/2006, 08:59 PM
My wife suffers from night terrors. I need to sleep on a shower curtain due to her blood curdling screams. She took an ambien in the hospital, it only amplified those terrors. I almost sh!t the cot I was sleepin on more than normal.

Mjcpr
10/20/2006, 09:02 PM
My wife suffers from night terrors. I need to sleep on a shower curtain due to her blood curdling screams. She took an ambien in the hospital, it only amplified those terrors. I almost sh!t the cot I was sleepin on more than normal.

Yours sounds like an interesting life, Mongo.

Newbomb Turk
10/20/2006, 09:03 PM
No - but I've tried Lunesta.

Jerk
10/20/2006, 09:03 PM
I usually just pop some pills and wash it down with Jack Daniels® before I go to sleep.

Penguin
10/20/2006, 09:06 PM
I've taken Ambien occasionally.

They say to have 7-8 hours set aside for sleep. I say BS! When I take Ambien, I am out for a solid 10 hours and I'm still groggy for another 2 hours.

I love it, though. It always works.

lil'duck
10/20/2006, 09:07 PM
never tried Ambien - melatonin has worked pretty well for me....unless I'm under serious stress. My mom tried Lunesta and began to lose her short term memory big time, so she dropped it. In fact, whenever I see the commercial for it, I always joke "forget your worries, and everything else"....

Mongo
10/20/2006, 09:08 PM
Yours sounds like an interesting life, Mongo.

You dont know the half of it. I have almost emptied a .45 into the drywall cause the wife is screaming and pointing.

I bet it was you watching me while I sleep.

lil'duck
10/20/2006, 09:12 PM
anyone ever heard of sleep paralysis? My sister had that once as well as an employee of mine- really bizarre stuff.

Mjcpr
10/20/2006, 09:15 PM
I'm not saying it can't happen, but don't you have to have some major sleep issues to get a prescription drug for going to sleep? The FEW times I've ever had a problem, the OTC medications did the trick.

sanantoniosooner
10/20/2006, 09:17 PM
I find a little action before bed helps out.

Sleep like clockwork.........twice a month.

Flagstaffsooner
10/20/2006, 09:18 PM
Melatonin and herbal sleppy tea.

Mongo
10/20/2006, 09:19 PM
I overheard an Ambien pharma rep tell the doctor that he had to start taking the new delayed dosage Ambien cause he would sleep walk on the old version.

Whatever happend to the days of polishing off a fifth of liquor to help you sleep?

lil'duck
10/20/2006, 09:27 PM
I overheard an Ambien pharma rep tell the doctor that he had to start taking the new delayed dosage Ambien cause he would sleep walk on the old version.

Whatever happend to the days of polishing off a fifth of liquor to help you sleep?

I think it has a nasty hangover as a side effect...so I've heard...;)

Frozen Sooner
10/20/2006, 09:29 PM
I'm not saying it can't happen, but don't you have to have some major sleep issues to get a prescription drug for going to sleep? The FEW times I've ever had a problem, the OTC medications did the trick.

Well, I don't know if you consider only getting about 2-3 hours of sleep per night to be major sleep issues, but I guess my doc does. ;)

Scott D
10/20/2006, 09:31 PM
I find a little action before bed helps out.

Sleep like clockwork.........twice a month.

nice to hear your relations with wife have improved.

Mjcpr
10/20/2006, 09:31 PM
Well, I don't know if you consider only getting about 2-3 hours of sleep per night to be major sleep issues, but I guess my doc does. ;)

Yeah, it's just hard for me to imagine that. I know it would have to be hell.

Frozen Sooner
10/20/2006, 09:37 PM
It was/is. I don't generally have any trouble getting to sleep, but staying asleep is a HUGE issue. I apparently wasn't staying in REM sleep long enough to get any actual sleep, so I was walking around in a half-daze most of the time.

lil'duck
10/20/2006, 09:42 PM
It was/is. I don't generally have any trouble getting to sleep, but staying asleep is a HUGE issue. I apparently wasn't staying in REM sleep long enough to get any actual sleep, so I was walking around in a half-daze most of the time.

Like the guy in Fight Club? Never really awake and never really asleep?

OUinFLA
10/20/2006, 09:45 PM
that explains a lot of your posts.
:D

Frozen Sooner
10/20/2006, 09:47 PM
Like the guy in Fight Club? Never really awake and never really asleep?

All I know is I have a lot of soap for some reason.

Frozen Sooner
10/20/2006, 09:48 PM
that explains a lot of your posts.
:D

Yeah, I was a cranky bastard.

lil'duck
10/20/2006, 09:49 PM
All I know is I have a lot of soap for some reason.

His name was Robert Paulson....;)

Frozen Sooner
10/20/2006, 09:52 PM
His name was Robert Paulson....;)

In project GetFrozSomeDamnSleep we have no names.

lil'duck
10/20/2006, 09:55 PM

because while awake we have no names, but in sleep we have a name.

Jerk
10/20/2006, 10:32 PM
because while awake we have no names, but in sleep we have a name.

That's a good song. I like U2. Bono is cool

handcrafted
10/20/2006, 10:47 PM
The hangover from sleep meds is worse than the hangover from wine. I like wine.

Frozen Sooner
10/20/2006, 10:52 PM
Boy, not for me it isn't. I get a horrible headache on a wine hangover.

lil'duck
10/20/2006, 11:05 PM
Boy, not for me it isn't. I get a horrible headache on a wine hangover.

oh man, a bad wine hangover is the worst kind. Everything you smell, smells like wine. Love to drink it, but over drink it and you're one sick puppy the next day.

glad you're sleeping, though. How long's it been since you've slept this good? High school? childhood?

proud gonzo
10/20/2006, 11:08 PM
probably since he discovered soonerfans :D

proud gonzo
10/20/2006, 11:12 PM
man, i slept horribly when i was a kid..i think i sleep worse now though.

it would take me at least an hour, usually longer, to fall asleep when I was a kid. And then when i did go to sleep i had the weirdest dreams. I had lucid dreams a lot and recurring dreams and the strangest nightmares. I must have been weird...

anymore though, i rarely have lucid dreams (actually I rarely remember my dreams, which is odd for me), i clench my jaw when i sleep, and even when i get plenty of sleep I have a really hard time waking up.

lil'duck
10/20/2006, 11:28 PM
man, i slept horribly when i was a kid..i think i sleep worse now though.

it would take me at least an hour, usually longer, to fall asleep when I was a kid. And then when i did go to sleep i had the weirdest dreams. I had lucid dreams a lot and recurring dreams and the strangest nightmares. I must have been weird...

anymore though, i rarely have lucid dreams (actually I rarely remember my dreams, which is odd for me), i clench my jaw when i sleep, and even when i get plenty of sleep I have a really hard time waking up.

I had a couple recurring dreams, too.. Can you control your dreams? your lucid dreams I mean?

Mongo
10/20/2006, 11:30 PM
I had a couple recurring dreams, too.. Can you control your dreams? your lucid dreams I mean?

You cant control lucid dreams. I have told Mrs. Mongo this when waking up with morning wood.

lil'duck
10/20/2006, 11:32 PM
You cant control lucid dreams. I have told Mrs. Mongo this when waking up with morning wood.

eh? you can control your lucid dreams - because you are aware you are dreaming, hence the ability to control the content of the dream.

can't speak for your wood scenario, though. ;)

hurricane'bone
10/20/2006, 11:33 PM

Space Monkeys

lil'duck
10/20/2006, 11:36 PM
Space Monkeys

and you're too friggin'......BLONDE!:)

Frozen Sooner
10/20/2006, 11:52 PM
probably since he discovered pr0n :D

Yeah, pretty much.

Actually, I've never slept well, even as a child. There was a running joke that my bed looked like a pack of wolves had been at it or something every morning. As long as I can remember I've tossed and turned and woken up several times a night.

The only times in my life I remember sleeping well were on Kauai and on the ranch.

sanantoniosooner
10/20/2006, 11:59 PM
I'm guessing you skipped your pill tonight?

proud gonzo
10/21/2006, 12:03 AM
I had a couple recurring dreams, too.. Can you control your dreams? your lucid dreams I mean?yeah, when i used to have lucid dreams i coudl control them. The weird thing was that most of my recurring dreams were lucid... kinda freaky. it was like groundhog day--i figured my brain kept giving me the same dream until i figured out what i was supposed to do with it.

Frozen Sooner
10/21/2006, 12:03 AM
I'm three hours behind you, SAS. ;)

I just took it and I'm hitting the hay in an hour.

GottaHavePride
10/21/2006, 12:05 AM
Cue the Bill Hicks "I've had some good times on drugs" bit...

Jerk
10/21/2006, 08:36 AM
Cue the Bill Hicks "I've had some good times on drugs" bit...

nevermind. It's not good to speak ill of the dead.

birddog
10/21/2006, 08:43 AM
weird, wild stuff.

handcrafted
10/21/2006, 09:13 AM
oh man, a bad wine hangover is the worst kind. Everything you smell, smells like wine. Love to drink it, but over drink it and you're one sick puppy the next day.

I think the key phrase here is "over drink". Bad idea. :D

A lot of it has to do with body chemistry, too. Some people react badly to the sediments in red wine. Wine doesn't give me a hangover at all unless I go over my limit. I would much rather use natural sleep remedies than drug myself. Same goes for treating my allergies. Except for this year, I've been eating Claritin like it's cheesecake. I'm going to go to the doc for a physical in a few months and really really hope I don't have high blood pressure. That would suck.

You can get some of the same health benefits from grape juice, but that doesn't help you sleep. :)

Okla-homey
10/21/2006, 09:19 AM
I enjoy taking Ambien and amphetamines simultaneously. Then, I just sit back and let the two drugs fight it out in my system to see who wins. Kinda like an internal WWE match against two sworn enemies.;)

IB4OU2
10/21/2006, 10:13 AM
I take Ambien, it works pretty well but I like Lunesta too. Ambien does a pretty good job of keeping me asleep but getting to sleep faster is better with Lunesta for me. I wish I did'nt have to take any medications at all....succs but thankfully we have them available now. :)

John Kochtoston
10/21/2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah, pretty much.

Actually, I've never slept well, even as a child. There was a running joke that my bed looked like a pack of wolves had been at it or something every morning. As long as I can remember I've tossed and turned and woken up several times a night.

The only times in my life I remember sleeping well were on Kauai and on the ranch.

Mike -
Ever been checked for sleep apnea? I had very similar symptoms to what you're describing (little continuous sleep, bed looked like hell, daytime fuge state) and that's what I had. Ambien did very little in my case, but my CPAP machine almost ensures at least seven good hours.

King Crimson
10/21/2006, 10:26 AM
chamomille tea and valerian tabs are much cheaper.

Okieflyer
10/21/2006, 10:39 AM
I've taken Ambien occasionally.

They say to have 7-8 hours set aside for sleep. I say BS! When I take Ambien, I am out for a solid 10 hours and I'm still groggy for another 2 hours.

So your sayin' it's made from Nyquil?

Frozen Sooner
10/21/2006, 10:40 AM
Mike -
Ever been checked for sleep apnea? I had very similar symptoms to what you're describing (little continuous sleep, bed looked like hell, daytime fuge state) and that's what I had. Ambien did very little in my case, but my CPAP machine almost ensures at least seven good hours.

That's actually the next step. They're trying the ambien course first.