PDA

View Full Version : Granbury, TX

TopDawg
10/20/2006, 05:01 PM
I was out in that area a few weeks ago. Nice town. I liked the drive around the lake and the town square. Didn't get to stay long, but it seemed like a nice place.

It was the first time I'd been through the hills along I-20. There's some pretty country out in them parts. How long 'til the DFW metro swallows it up?

jk the sooner fan
10/20/2006, 05:02 PM
it'll be awhile, most of the growth around fort worth is headed north and west....not southwest

my dad has a granbury address....long drive from here to there

TopDawg
10/20/2006, 05:10 PM
You're right, it's a pretty long drive from FW to Granbury so it'll take awhile before those two connect. But I was talking about the hills along I-20 not too far out of FW. Like I said, it was the first time I had ever been out that way and I thought "man, this is a really pretty area" and then I figured that the next time I was out that way, it'd probably all be houses.

jk the sooner fan
10/20/2006, 05:13 PM
most of the growth is along i-35W, north of 820....alliance airport and the race track have alot to do with that

afs
10/21/2006, 09:29 AM
Did you stop and say 'howdy' to my family?

jk the sooner fan
10/21/2006, 09:31 AM
afs - what part of granbury is your family in? my dad lives out in pecan plantation..back of the house looks down on the brazos just off the damn

SoonerProphet
10/21/2006, 09:48 AM
I went out towards Mineral Wells a few weeks back. You wanna talk about growth. Aledo to Weatherford is growing like a weed...used to dove hunt out those parts.

SoonerProphet
10/21/2006, 09:49 AM
Oh, and you want some pretty hill country...head down to Bandera.

StoopTroup
10/21/2006, 11:42 AM
You folks should see some of the cOUntry north of the Red River...

It's beautiful up here. :D

Tear Down This Wall
10/21/2006, 11:50 AM
My wife's brother and sister live in Granbury. She lived there until we got married. Nice place. My mom and wife and child are there shopping in the square today. Some kind of hoo-hah always going on in the Granbury square. I'm trying to encourage my parents to retire there.

TopDawg
10/22/2006, 06:36 PM
Did you stop and say 'howdy' to my family?

Do any of them work at Sonic?

dolemitesooner
10/22/2006, 06:39 PM
Do any of them work at Sonic?:D I an guessing the Dawg got some eats at Sonic

Petro-Sooner
10/22/2006, 07:42 PM
afs - what part of granbury is your family in? my dad lives out in pecan plantation..back of the house looks down on the brazos just off the damn

I played that golf course once. Their logo is the nut cracker correct?

jk the sooner fan
10/22/2006, 07:48 PM
I played that golf course once. Their logo is the nut cracker correct?

no......the nutcracker is another golf course on pecan......the one my dad normally plays is the pecan plantation country club

afs
10/22/2006, 10:49 PM
They've moved around quite abit so I'm not sure. the last time I was there they lived on the west side of town, top of a hill in a gated community. they lived on the lake and had a boat in their backyard. I thought it was cool as a 13 year old.

Actually now they're preparing to move out to Sidney, TX to take over peanut farming for one of my great uncles. I's got family between Grandbury to Brownwood.

TopDawg
10/25/2006, 10:07 PM
:D I an guessing the Dawg got some eats at Sonic

Yep. And left a deposit at Arby's.