PDA

View Full Version : I'm giving a computer to my sister in law

MamaMia
10/20/2006, 10:53 AM
I'm buying a computer because my sister in law is constantly over here using mine. Her own computer is in her office but shes semi retired and doesn't go there much. When she does the others in her law firm make her work too much. So she hides over here using my computer all the time. I love her dearly and truly enjoy her company, but she uses my computer day and night sometimes. Bless her heart, she just wont take the plunge and get herself a home computer and she likes mine so well. She has always done so much for others. This is the least I can do for her. :)

I have decided to either give her mine for her home or just get her a used one and keep mine. Mine is one of those thin Dell Dimension 4500S computers, with a thin monitor screen. We like that because it doesn't take up much room. What are some small desk computers they make nowadays?

yermom
10/20/2006, 01:44 PM
dang computer moochers

i like the Dell Dimension series well enough (i have a 4600)... if you are just wanting something for light surfing and office, etc... the C521 looks like what you would want

i'm not that experienced with the newer ones though, i didn't even know they started using AMD processors

MamaMia
10/20/2006, 02:02 PM
dang computer moochers

i like the Dell Dimension series well enough (i have a 4600)... if you are just wanting something for light surfing and office, etc... the C521 looks like what you would want

i'm not that experienced with the newer ones though, i didn't even know they started using AMD processors
It looks like Dell has a rebuilt one for cheap, so I do think that will be my choice. Thank you! :D

IB4OU2
10/20/2006, 03:02 PM
I like the HP's alot more than Dell........Dell's customer service is terrible.

I'm using a new HP Pavilion dv8200 laptop and I really like it.

49r
10/20/2006, 04:19 PM
iMacs are very compact.

BajaOklahoma
10/20/2006, 04:43 PM
I like the HP's alot more than Dell........Dell's customer service is terrible.

:mad:
We bought the service plan so the service guy comes to our house to make any repairs on my laptop. Henry is a nice guy. He is on my Christmas card list. He knows my name and where my house is located. He likes my dog.
I know that he goes to church at 7 PM on Wednesdays and has family dinners on Tuesdays.

And Henry has spent way too much time at my house. :rolleyes:

yermom
10/20/2006, 04:51 PM
heh

i'm more of a DIY guy as far as computer service goes, as long as i can find drivers on the website, i'm usually happy