PDA

View Full Version : Went to first pro Football game

walkoffsooner
10/19/2006, 10:06 PM
Denver and oakland. Broncos have great fans, free beer and dogs in parking lot. I was wearing my Sooner hat and tee, alot of people said they were AD fans and wished him the the best. Pro is alot bigger step up than I thought. College ball is played in slow motion compare to NFL. Had great time will go again.

King Crimson
10/23/2006, 02:40 PM
i'm not a fan of Bronco fans. they are on and off the Bronco bandwagon several times per year. i've lived in Colorado Springs, Boulder, and Denver over the last 16 years.

Bronco fans are 100% there in cheapo home wins. and have a rare combination of homerism and ignorance about the game of football that's remarkable. it may true for pro fans in general. i dunno. i heard it said best that Bronco fans are not football fans....but just Bronco fans.

JMO. same with CU football fans (minus about 10,000 longtimers--who are pretty cool). most CU fans that i know 1. don't realize that running the option requires specific OL line play (pulling guards) and 2. that running the option to the short side of the field was done effectively by Barry Switzer and Tom Osborne....but meanwhile consider themselves "experts" on option football.

Bronco fans still dream about "the next" John Elway. didn't win a playoff game for 5 years but still consider themselves "one of the best teams in the AFC".

King Crimson
10/23/2006, 02:42 PM
double post.