PDA

View Full Version : I want to go punch KFOR in the throat.

Boarder
10/19/2006, 08:01 PM
Instead of My Name Is Earl and The Office, we get some stupid Town hall Meeting. It looked like there was only 50 people actually there.

Anger. Anger.

Oh, MNIE and tOffice are on starting at 1:40am.

GottaHavePride
10/19/2006, 08:05 PM
I would be mad if I actually watched much tv.

I'd probably be WAY more ****ed if they pre-empted Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends.

10/19/2006, 08:09 PM
I'm the same way when TVLand bumps Gunsmoke for their weekly marathon every Monday morning.

I'm like, "Benson?"

LilSooner
10/19/2006, 08:35 PM
So Rhino calls me about 10 min into whats suppose to be the office all horse. He has been screaming at the tv for quite sometime.

I thought it was hillarious. Our household is going to be very entertaining.

Hatfield
10/19/2006, 08:35 PM
i love me some office.

so it starts at 1:40 am?

Mrs. Norm
10/19/2006, 08:37 PM
Norm isn't too happy at the moment, either.

OCUDad
10/19/2006, 08:58 PM
So Rhino calls me about 10 min into whats suppose to be the office all horse. Aha! Now we know what you see in him. :eek:

Boarder
10/19/2006, 09:30 PM
MNIE starts at 1:40. tOffice starts at 2:10.

Czar Soonerov
10/19/2006, 09:42 PM
I just sent KFOR a strongly worded email.

Mixer!
10/19/2006, 09:48 PM
:les: ONLINE PETITION TIME!!

Czar Soonerov
10/19/2006, 09:59 PM
I just sent KFOR a strongly worded email.

Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

Boarder
10/19/2006, 11:29 PM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.
OK, I'm laughing my butt off. Mrs SB just came downstairs all concerned.

Mrs SB: I just saw your post on the Office and, have you read it lately? that Czar wrote something all like he's mad (at this point I start laughing uncontrollably). What was all that? Is he really mad at Channel 4?

I had to explain.

yermom
10/19/2006, 11:29 PM
it was a freaking hour long? i didn't know if it was going to bump stuff, or what

i guess i'll go set the DVR to get them in a couple hours

i was pretty ****ed when i saw that, wtf?

Rhino
10/19/2006, 11:43 PM
I'm going to kill people.

Here's a recap of my ranting:
GET THE **** OFF MY TV, MOTHER****ERS! **** YOU MARY ****ING FALLIN! **** YOU...OTHER GUY!

Your debate is at ROSE ****ING STATE JUNIOR ****ING COLLEGE! That means you're is worth about as much as a pile of dog **** in the ashtray of an 1981 El Camino! What are you doing on my television?!?!?

WHOOOOO THE **** IS THIS GUY? A THIRD-PARTY CANDIDATE ASKING QUESTIONS FROM THE AUDIENCE? YOU THINK YOU HAVE A CHANCE IN HELL OF DOING JACK ****? TA-TA-TODAY JUNIOR! WRAP IT UP, SLAPNUTS!

leavingthezoo
10/19/2006, 11:47 PM

GET THE **** OFF MY TV, MOTHER****ERS! **** YOU MARY ****ING FALLIN! **** YOU...OTHER GUY!

Your debate is at ROSE ****ING STATE JUNIOR ****ING COLLEGE! That means you're is worth about as much as a pile of dog **** in the ashtray of an 1981 El Camino! What are you doing on my television?!?!?

WHOOOOO THE **** IS THIS GUY? A THIRD-PARTY CANDIDATE ASKING QUESTIONS FROM THE AUDIENCE? YOU THINK YOU HAVE A CHANCE IN HELL OF DOING JACK ****? TA-TA-TODAY JUNIOR! WRAP IT UP, SLAPNUTS!

yeah, but what did you say when you got angry?

yermom
10/19/2006, 11:50 PM
where is that Hulk fark? :D

Rhino
10/19/2006, 11:56 PM
http://www.8secondchallenge.com/soonerfans/rhino.jpg

OhU1
10/19/2006, 11:58 PM
In Lawton, the town of high culture, we got The Office and Earl **on time**!

Boarder
10/19/2006, 11:59 PM
That rant was basically what I was doing during the NCAA Basketball tournament last year when Gary England was telling us that there was nothing happening for an hour.

yermom
10/19/2006, 11:59 PM
RHINO SMASH!

GottaHavePride
10/20/2006, 12:07 AM
Wait, Mrs. SB reads the board and doesn't post??!!?!!!

Boarder
10/20/2006, 12:10 AM
She doesn't want any part of this craziness.

leavingthezoo
10/20/2006, 12:27 AM

smart woman. you should keep her. :D

soonerboomer93
10/20/2006, 12:30 AM

and yet she lurks

Beano's Fourth Chin
10/20/2006, 12:36 AM
Wait, Mrs. SB reads the board and doesn't post??!!?!!!

I'm, like, yeah, me too. I have the same question.

Beano's Fourth Chin
10/20/2006, 12:40 AM
it was a freaking hour long? i didn't know if it was going to bump stuff, or what

i guess i'll go set the DVR to get them in a couple hours

i was pretty ****ed when i saw that, wtf?

Great now I have to go find the actual real remote for the replayTv. I'm not sure the universal is smart enough to do a manual record.

CRAPPING KFOR!

My brother and I yelled at the TV over here too.

Actually, I said, "Hey, there's some kind of weird people talking about something instead of the office being on."

He goes, "Oh well, I'll download it tomorrow."

Then we searched to see if it's alreay up on bit torrent sites and it's not, but our search returned several files called, "office sluts" or something scary like that.

Beano's Fourth Chin
10/20/2006, 12:47 AM
I think I upset my delicate constitution.

You know how disheartening it is to sit down with a bowl of doritos, fire up the replayTv and see weird stuff and then say, I'll just fast forward through it and then about 5 minutes in you realize that all your wildest dreams are NOT coming true?

It's like you're standing in line at the airport waiting to check your bags and they haven't moved anyone else through the line, but everyone ahead of you keeps scrunching closer together, so all of a sudden there's about 5 feet of gap in front of you and the guy behind you starts inching closer and he's all like, "GO!" and you're all, "dude. you'll still get to the front of the line in the exact same amount of time whether I pick up my suitcase one extra time so freaking CHILL THE HECK OUT AND PUT ON THE OFFICE INSTEAD OF THIS POLITICAL CRAP!"

PhilTLL
10/20/2006, 03:12 AM
Solid Office, real mediocre Earl (seems to be a trend so far this season).

yermom
10/20/2006, 03:23 AM
how can you not like Earl planting his seed in Ralph's mom?

Dio
10/20/2006, 07:20 AM
Glad I read this thread AFTER their replays. :mad:

Dio
10/20/2006, 07:28 AM
And, for all the utter sh*t NBC trots out there, what makes the geniuses at KFOR decide to pre-empt the good shows?

LilSooner
10/20/2006, 08:28 AM

Heee heee.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/20/2006, 08:31 AM
If you guys watched Grey's Anatomy this wouldn't happen.

;)

LilSooner
10/20/2006, 08:43 AM
Ryan doesn't like to watch those medical type shows with me. I'm pretty damn annoying. Because I'm like ewww they aren't doing that right, or you don't do it that way. Also, I'm always pointing out our products that are on the shows. Like our scrubs or exam gloves. He laughs at me when I tell him that they are using our baby blankets.

Mjcpr
10/20/2006, 08:51 AM
Earl was funnier than Office this week.

FYI

bri
10/20/2006, 08:53 AM
PUT ON THE OFFICE INSTEAD OF THIS POLITICAL CRAP!"

Tonight, the role of the South Oval will be played by KFOR...

Taxman71
10/20/2006, 08:58 AM
Funniest Earl of the season (second behind the stripper episode with Burt Reynolds). The Office was basically half Dwight doing his thing and half Jim and Pam stuff (which is getting way too "Ross and Rachel" for me). Jan gets better looking every episode however.

Czar Soonerov
10/20/2006, 09:32 AM
Then we searched to see if it's alreay up on bit torrent sites and it's not, but our search returned several files called, "office sluts"...

LINK?

Jimminy Crimson
10/20/2006, 09:40 AM

Matthew Horton Woodson. The dude is certifiably bat-**** crazy. He thinks the government blew up the WTC and Pentagon.

I was at the debate, too. :O

dolemitesooner
10/20/2006, 09:46 AM
How exactly do you punch a television company in the throut.

skycat
10/20/2006, 09:48 AM
I'm 100% behind anything that gets Beano to launch into airport queue analogies.

Dio
10/20/2006, 09:55 AM
How exactly do you punch a television company in the throut.

one ******* at a time.

Norm In Norman
10/20/2006, 10:54 AM
Was the replay in HD? I wonder how they think it's acceptable for someone to stay up until 2am to watch those shows and then get up at 6am to go to work? Thank god for bittorrent.

soonerbrat
10/20/2006, 11:54 AM
:mad:

I was out last night and didn't know about this

Now i have some stupid debate on my DVR?

BigRedJed
10/20/2006, 12:01 PM
I was furious.

Fur.

I.

OUS.

yermom
10/20/2006, 12:10 PM
:mad:

I was out last night and didn't know about this

Now i have some stupid debate on my DVR?

yeah, i was waiting for you people

i figured there would be a whole wave of ****ed DVR people coming in :D

soonerbrat
10/20/2006, 12:11 PM
does anyone have it and wanna share?

I'm having Earl withdrawals

OUstudent4life
10/20/2006, 12:17 PM
Wait.

Crap.

SON OF A B****.

There's a reason I have a DVR. It's so I don't ever, ever have to watch any television I don't want to. Which includes, oh, all local news, all commercials related to local news, and pretty much anything produced for local news.

So what you all are telling me is when I get home I'm going to have a debate recorded that features candidates that won't represent me?

F'n A.

yermom
10/20/2006, 12:18 PM
at least update the program listing, geez

the debates should have been at 0140 :D

ultimatesooner1
10/20/2006, 01:20 PM
next week is a ****ing rerun. the mattress Mary debate couldn't wait another week

BigRedJed
10/20/2006, 01:22 PM
That's the complaint I have. I understand televising the debate, but update the listing so that my DVR catches it. Barring that, have an explanation at the beginning of the show (both shows), telling people when the replay is going to be. Have a crawler going during the debate telling them when the replay is going to be.

I still have no way to view those shows. Last night's episode of The Office isn't on iTunes yet, and Earl isn't even offered on iTunes.

I AM ****ED.

soonerbrat
10/20/2006, 01:38 PM
one of my friends has them both..i get to see them :D

soonerbrat
10/20/2006, 01:40 PM
oh..a crawler or an explanation showing when they would be shown would not have helped me...i didn't get home til almost 2..and i certainly didn't check it when i got home

GrapevineSooner
10/20/2006, 01:42 PM
Benefit # 4,523 of living in DFW.

These pre-emptions rarely happen. When they do, most of the affiliate stations own or have agreements with other independent stations to shift programming onto those stations.

I.E., when the CBS affiliate Channel 11 televised Cowboy pre-season games, they shifted the CBS network programming over to Channel 21.

Perhaps your stations should try that sometime. ;)

Norm In Norman
10/20/2006, 01:42 PM
Anyone have links to the 350 meg versions of last night's Earl and the Office? I'm downloading the 175 meg versions, but would like the better resolution.

In fact, i'd like to be able to always get the higher res versions. It's pretty hit or miss when those are available. I've found all the larger versions of this season's office except last nights and only E2 of earl.

Norm In Norman
10/20/2006, 01:46 PM
Benefit # 4,523 of living in DFW.

These pre-emptions rarely happen. When they do, most of the affiliate stations own or have agreements with other independent stations to shift programming onto those stations.

I.E., when the CBS affiliate Channel 11 televised Cowboy pre-season games, they shifted the CBS network programming over to Channel 21.

Perhaps your stations should try that sometime. ;)
At first I hoped they moved it from 4.1 to 4.2, but 4.2 still had their ****ty weather. Then I tried 43 (which is owned by 4), but they had some horrendous other show on. They don't really care because there is no competition.

Taxman71
10/20/2006, 02:10 PM
Anyone catch the Seinfeld reference last night on Earl?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/20/2006, 02:15 PM
If you watched Grey's last night you would have seen a couple who was stuck together.

KC//CRIMSON
10/20/2006, 02:15 PM
Earl was funnier than Office this week.

FYI

Careful there, slappy.

soonerbrat
10/20/2006, 02:28 PM
If you watched Grey's last night you would have seen a couple who was stuck together.

like dogs? don't you just throw cold water on them?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/20/2006, 03:43 PM
like dogs? don't you just throw cold water on them?The guy's piercing was threaded through her IUD.

Jimminy Crimson
10/20/2006, 05:28 PM

You mean like the ghey guy? :confused:

Boarder
10/20/2006, 10:50 PM
OK, now I'm really mad. The Tivo came out horrible. It's like they shortened it to make room. Those piece of poops.

I hate to do this. Really. But I think it just may have come to this. I'm going to boycott 4 news. Not all the programming since I like The Office and Earl. Just the News. I feel bad for them having to endure this but in a way, they brought it upon themselves.

Scott D
10/20/2006, 10:53 PM
Boarder, clearly KFOR has sucked since Devin Scillian came to Detroit to work at WDIV :D

Mjcpr
10/20/2006, 10:55 PM
OK, now I'm really mad. The Tivo came out horrible. It's like they shortened it to make room. Those piece of poops.

I hate to do this. Really. But I think it just may have come to this. I'm going to boycott 4 news. Not all the programming since I like The Office and Earl. Just the News. I feel bad for them having to endure this but in a way, they brought it upon themselves.

Dude, I hate to tell you this but TO is doing the weather for them now.

Boarder
10/20/2006, 10:58 PM
Oh, anyone can leave a rant:

http://www.kfor.com/Global/category.asp?C=61185

I need to cut and paste Rhino's.

Norm In Norman
10/21/2006, 10:31 AM

I haven't watched Channel 4 news in about 10 years. Once they get rid of Linda Cavanaugh, I MAY consider trying them out one more time. They are making me mad anyway because when they do local commercials on the HD channel the volume is about 50% louder than the show.