PDA

View Full Version : Gino Torretta revisited

The Maestro
10/19/2006, 05:29 PM
Why did I title this thread as such? Well, because with AD out of the Heisman picture, this could go down as one of the lamest Heisman finalist classes ever...and since Gino is pretty much regarded as one of the worst Heisman winners, well.

Troy Smith already has this thing one. He might lose to Michigan, but it will be too late then. Who else is even on the list now? Ivan Maisel on espn.com actually has Steve Slaton of WVU second, Calvin Johnson of Georgia Tech third and Garrett Wolfe fifth. I skipped fourth cause you'll never believe who he ranks there.

Bobby Freaking Reid.

Yes, that Bobby Freaking Reid.

The quarterback. At O-State. No, the other O-State. Uh, huh. Him.

Is college football that bad in the star department?

Last year was Leinart, VY and Bush. This year has even a mention of Bobby Freaking Reid?!?!

I'd say it's safe to call it a down year.

AustinTXHorn
10/19/2006, 05:34 PM
:stunned:

If Reid is a Heisman candidate, then Colt McCoy should be in the running as well.

I haven't gotten to see OSU play this year, so I can't say anything about how he has looked. But they have yet to play a single team that is a lock to play in a bowl game this year.

Reid's yards per attempt/completion are pretty ridiculous. Do they just throw a bunch of bombs or is it mostly receivers breaking for big gains on short passes?

The Maestro
10/19/2006, 06:56 PM
:stunned:

If Reid is a Heisman candidate, then Colt McCoy should be in the running as well.

I haven't gotten to see OSU play this year, so I can't say anything about how he has looked. But they have yet to play a single team that is a lock to play in a bowl game this year.

Reid's yards per attempt/completion are pretty ridiculous. Do they just throw a bunch of bombs or is it mostly receivers breaking for big gains on short passes?

Who knows. Somehow we all missed the OSU-Missouri State, OSU-Arkie State and OSU-BRSI State telecasts.

Harry Beanbag
10/19/2006, 07:22 PM
Didn't Wolfe have 28 yards on 15 carries last week?

Octavian
10/19/2006, 07:48 PM
I haven't gotten to see OSU play this year...

that's understandable considering Tulsa Union has more tv appearances than Oklahoma St. in '06.

Octavian
10/19/2006, 07:49 PM
and yeah, w/out Adrian...there isn't a true superstar in this Heisman race.

even with Troy Smith leading all the informal polls, Adrian was still constantly referred to as the best player in the country.

sooner518
10/19/2006, 08:18 PM
hell, I'd take ENA or Mccoy over Reid.

OUstud
10/19/2006, 09:19 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

(he lost to HOUSTON)

soonerlaw
10/20/2006, 11:23 AM
I still say if ND beats USC, then Quinn gets the Heisman now that AD is out... pending ND doesn't drop another one.

arcman46
10/20/2006, 07:20 PM
I was discussing the Heisman the other day with a friend of mine, and told him that the question is: Would Troy Smith even be in the running for the Heisman if he were not playing for tOSU. With his stats I don't think he would even be close.