PDA

View Full Version : TEXAS vs. WEST VIRGINIA

BIG_IKE
10/19/2006, 04:47 PM
I was lurking at Orangebloods today and I noticed a heated battle bewteen two unlikely culprits.
Texas and west Virginia. There are several delusional Mountaineers who actually think the Big East is better than the Big 12. The funny part is, most of the argument the Horns are actually praising OU to defend themselves. And WVU....well they think they are better than every team in our conference. What do you all think? Is the Big LEASST better than us?
I say even in a down year..NO.

http://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=61&tid=81233637&mid=81233637&sid=902&style=2

sooner518
10/19/2006, 04:54 PM
its cute how the one WVU fan compared WVU to 1996 Nebraska. hehe

Ash
10/19/2006, 05:23 PM
I don't know, this was Mark May's preseason pick for the MNC game. He's usually dead on with predictions, I'd give it some serious thought.

;)

AustinTXHorn
10/19/2006, 05:25 PM
They're just mad because we Pittsnogled them last March.

SOONERKAT
10/19/2006, 05:31 PM
The WVU Qb and Rb ae for real, but I would assume that the tejas D is just a little better than anything found in the Big East. After a couple of years chasing Vince and Charles in practice, and AD on the field, I'm sure tejas could shut down the WVU threat.

Did I just back the sips? :eek:

birddog
10/19/2006, 05:34 PM
cincinnati = no one
uconn = no one
louisville = oklahoma (this year)
pitt = missouri
rutgers = texas a&m
s. florida = baylor
syracuse = okla. state
west virginia = tejas

:D

goingoneight
10/19/2006, 09:08 PM
Adarius Bowman can beat them all, with one arm, two torn ACLs, and a broiken collar bone... Did I meantion the concussion???

OU_PhD
10/19/2006, 09:32 PM
I was lurking at Orangebloods today and I noticed a heated battle bewteen two unlikely culprits.
Texas and west Virginia. There are several delusional Mountaineers who actually think the Big East is better than the Big 12. The funny part is, most of the argument the Horns are actually praising OU to defend themselves. And WVU....well they think they are better than every team in our conference. What do you all think? Is the Big LEASST better than us?
I say even in a down year..NO.

http://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=61&tid=81233637&mid=81233637&sid=902&style=2

I think you could make a very strong argument that the Big East is better than the Big XII. They're certainly better than the ACC and you're splitting hairs with the Big XII. I think Louisville and WVU could beat Mizzou, OU, Texas or Nebraska--the three best teams in the league. Rutgers and Pitt could probably beat everyone else in the Big XII. The Big East already has 4 teams that are bowl elgible, with South Florida just needing one more win and UConn 2 to go bowling. It would be silly to argue about it because nobody could ever be proven right. Just my $.02.

sooneron
10/19/2006, 09:39 PM
I think you could make a very strong argument that the Big East is better than the Big XII. They're certainly better than the ACC and you're splitting hairs with the Big XII. I think Louisville and WVU could beat Mizzou, OU, Texas or Nebraska--the three best teams in the league. Rutgers and Pitt could probably beat everyone else in the Big XII. The Big East already has 4 teams that are bowl elgible, with South Florida just needing one more win and UConn 2 to go bowling. It would be silly to argue about it because nobody could ever be proven right. Just my $.02.
Did you watch the MTSU/Louisville game?

King Crimson
10/19/2006, 09:43 PM
I don't know, this was Mark May's preseason pick for the MNC game. He's usually dead on with predictions, I'd give it some serious thought.

one of the preseason mag genius types also had Utah in a BCS bowl.

OU_PhD
10/19/2006, 09:49 PM
Did you watch the MTSU/Louisville game?

Yeah, I was watching it in my hotel the night before the OU/TX game. Louisville's QB struggled but they have Brohm back now. I don't think they're that great but I don't think any team in the Big XII is either. Its just my opinion.

sooneron
10/19/2006, 09:57 PM
Neutral field- we beat Louisville 6-7 times out of 10.
MTSU was running on them at will. Slaton will take them on the edge and beat them down.

Statalyzer
10/19/2006, 10:44 PM
I think Louisville and WVU could beat Mizzou, OU, Texas or Nebraska--the three best teams in the league.

I count four.

OU_PhD
10/19/2006, 11:25 PM
I count four.

I had to go back and add Mizzou and forgot to change the three. :D

BIG_IKE
10/19/2006, 11:28 PM
I dont think Louisville or WV could beat any of those 4......except maybe Missouri

homerxsimpson
10/20/2006, 12:22 PM
While I think W-Virginia has a very good team, the impression I got from watching them last year vs. Georgia was that they neither D had the team speed to keep up with the others O.

The better teams in the Big12 have fast players all over their Defenses, that would put a big crimp on the Mounties rushing attack.

Louisville (at full strength) is pretty damn solid and is so well balanced that they would do pretty well anywhere.

I_SMELL_FEAR
10/20/2006, 12:42 PM
When I watched WVU earlier this year, their defense looked really undersized. I think the major Big XII teams would push their defense around pretty easy.

WVU offense is good, I wont take anything away there...they would get some points on any Big XII team, but I see the advantage for the better Big XII teams.

Louisville with Bush and Brohm could prolly play with any Big XII team.

Its easy to sit back in a weak conference and say "we could play in the BIG XII, SEC or Big Ten", but you dont play the physical schedule week after week. I think if WVU played the Big XII south schedule this year, they would end up around 4th in the Big XII. I can easily see any of OU, Texas, Mizzou, Nebraska or aTm beating them, and they would take a hell of a lot harder beating every time they played.

sooneron
10/20/2006, 01:26 PM
Louisville has played TWO average teams, AT BEST. The other four are crappy.

Upon further review, they haven't really played anyone worth a damn.