PDA

View Full Version : Richetti Jones update? Hmmmm.....

The Consumate Showman
10/19/2006, 02:35 PM
Well, a freind of mine that lives near RJ told me that he is most likely going to decommit to the pokes R E A L soon. Oh, and he also told me that RJ is supposedly going to the OU game this weekend...If true, this would be the most opportune time to have him in Norman. It's homecoming, we should kick Ralphy's asss, the '56 team is going to be there and we are honoring our first black player in school history and marking the 38 yard line in his memory. Let's hope all the pagentry works.

I think the potential for greatness MIGHT be there in the right system, under the right coach. IMO, him going to LosuR would be a mistake of epic proportions. That's why I say I would rather him go to UT or UF or Tenn.(if he wasn't going here), anywhere that has a shot of going to a bowl game year after year and going to a program that is rich in tradition and puts players into the league regularly. If he goes to LosuR, it is nothing more than a sheer waste of what might be prototypical talent.

I hope he is finally making a decision with his head and NOT his heart. I hope he has finally decided to grow up and be a man and attend the school that can elevate him to the next level the best way.

The Consumate Showman
10/21/2006, 01:19 AM
Correction on Mr. Jones. He is not going to be able to make it up this weekend, but my friend tells me that he has set up a visit for the TT game.

The Consumate Showman
10/23/2006, 12:20 PM
Just thought I'd drop another quick update for you on Richetti.

Sounds like he may be getting his act together and looking at ALL the variables that go along with possibly playing at a top tier school like OU. This per my source that is close to RJ.

I think he is starting to realize that LosuR does NOT have a great D on hand, nor will they have one next year or the year after that. Vance Bedford is a total jackass and it seems that RJ is starting to realize that now.

If he looks at this objectively, he has to think about what happens if he sticks with LosuR... He will get double teamed if he is really the player we all think he is and he WON'T be on TV near as much and he will be playing for a DCoordinator that calls the fans roaches and can't scheme good enough to hold a lead.

RJ is a competitor, as most good/great athletes are. If he truly wants to compete and play for a team that can go all the way...then he need look just a little south of the town of stoolwater. He will be at the Sand Aggies game, so if you see him, give him a little shout out.

poke4christ
10/26/2006, 08:52 AM
Just an update, looks like Richetti was injured in practice. Supposed to have surgery friday. Don't know how this affects things, but I obviously hope he sticks with the pokes.

Zach

The Consumate Showman
10/26/2006, 12:08 PM
Just an update, looks like Richetti was injured in practice. Supposed to have surgery friday. Don't know how this affects things, but I obviously hope he sticks with the pokes.

Zach

He'll be coming to the best possible game he can with Texas Tech in town. Tech is obviously on a roller-coaster season and the possibility is there for us to completely embarass them, which I think we should after last year's fiasco. I'll have to call around and find out if his plans for viviting are still a go. I'll update when I find out something definitive...

jk the sooner fan
10/30/2006, 12:08 PM
his high school career is over, hip injury requiring surgery

The Consumate Showman
10/30/2006, 12:36 PM
his high school career is over, hip injury requiring surgery

Yep. This sucks for RJ. He might not be the same player. He might not play FB again. It will be interesting to see how his updates come along.

Don't believe he'll be coming to Norman for the TT game.

poke4christ
11/2/2006, 02:43 PM
Yep. This sucks for RJ. He might not be the same player. He might not play FB again. It will be interesting to see how his updates come along.

I don't know, he's talking positivly about coming back, but then again who doesn't after something like that. Let's all hope he's okay and can come back and play for whatever school he ends up at.

Zach