PDA

View Full Version : Pizza delivery, Alaskan style

1stTimeCaller
10/19/2006, 02:23 PM
I was watching the propaganda box this morning and they were showing a guy in Nome, Alaska that sells pizza pies for $30 and will deliver them via airplane to a few remote towns. When a plane is headed to that town he gives it to the pilot and when it lands a guy on a 4 wheeler would pick it up and deliver it. Said that he delivers about 10 a day, I think.

Anyhoo, I was thinking, if this guy can make money selling $30 pizzas that he has to fly to the customer how much freaking money does Pizza hut make on their $20 pies?

Boomer.....
10/19/2006, 02:29 PM
I would never pay $20 for a pizza that was delivered. They are usually around $10. Little Ceasar has screwed everyone with their $5 large pizzas.

KABOOKIE
10/19/2006, 02:31 PM
Heh. Anyway, I met a guy that’s a pilot in NW Canada. They had a Cessna Caravan and a 185 in their fleet.

Caravan
http://www.sportsmansinn.ca/Air_charter/Cessna_Caravan_ExB.jpg

http://www.mistyfjordsair.com/photos/cessna_davesr.jpg

I asked him what each plane was used for. The 185 was used to haul the hunters into the log cabins and the Caravan was used to haul their stuff. I said stuff like hunting gear and pots and pans. His reply was no stuff like 40 cases of beer. :D

GottaHavePride
10/19/2006, 02:33 PM
I would never pay $20 for a pizza that was delivered. They are usually around $10. Little Ceasar has screwed everyone with their $5 large pizzas.
Yeah, but you have to go get those. And then you still wind up with Little Caesar's.

Viking Kitten
10/19/2006, 02:36 PM

I'd pay $50 to avoid eating a Little Caesar's pizza. Gross.

Beef
10/19/2006, 02:42 PM
I wonder what they would fly in for me for a hundred bucks.

StoopTroup
10/19/2006, 02:45 PM
Screw the beer.

If I'm hunting in Canada they'll need to take liquor up there for me.

OK....maybe a few beers too. :D

achiro
10/19/2006, 03:38 PM
I'd pay $50 to avoid eating a Little Caesar's pizza. Gross.
I thought that as well...until 2 weeks ago. The wife was out of town so I had the boys. I picked the older boy up from first grade and headed on an errand that landed me in te same parking lot as Little Caesars. The boy asked for a pizza, I got him one of the $5 hot pepperoni style. It smelled so good I grabbed a slice myself. I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe the best single topping pizza in town.(not saying much around here but still)

Jimminy Crimson
10/19/2006, 03:59 PM
Maybe the best single topping pizza in town.(not saying much around here but still)

Um, what town is this?

Just want to know, so I can avoid eating pizza there. :cool:

KC//CRIMSON
10/19/2006, 04:02 PM
I'd pay $50 to avoid eating a Little Czar. Gross.

http://cdn.aim.com/i/5-Surprised.gif

Viking Kitten
10/19/2006, 04:04 PM
Um, what town is this?

Just want to know, so I can avoid eating pizza there. :cool:

You been to Milano's in Edmond, Jimminy? Ummm. Dee-lishus pizza-y goodness. That's about the only place I'll get pizza from anymore.