10/19/2006, 12:27 PM
Was it tobacco?

nope. sheep skeet.

Boomer.....
10/19/2006, 01:08 PM
Heh.

fwsooner22
10/19/2006, 01:14 PM
If that was one of our coaches it would be national news..........what a punk.......he shouldn't be fired he's perfect for that program............he should have his a$$ kicked..............twice

Rhino
10/19/2006, 01:27 PM
Yikes.

Boomer.....
10/19/2006, 01:44 PM
If that was one of our coaches it would be national news..........what a punk.......he shouldn't be fired he's perfect for that program............he should have his a$$ kicked..............twice
That's the key. Our game would have been on tv.

OUmillenium
10/19/2006, 02:02 PM
Unbelievable, that is bush league. I could see something like that coming from a Tulas Memorial HS coach, but not a college assistant...oh wait, it is OSU. Nevermind

Taxman71
10/19/2006, 02:15 PM
Don't discount the possibility of a second spitter.

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2006, 02:23 PM
heh

MarylandSooner
10/19/2006, 02:49 PM
Did they send that up to the booth for Gordon to review?

Taxman71
10/19/2006, 03:05 PM
Maybe the OSU spitter was trying to impress Nate Simmons?

MRNOTDUCKS
10/19/2006, 03:14 PM
His head went BACK, and to the left. Back, and to the left.

sooner518
10/19/2006, 03:23 PM
Unbelievable, that is bush league. I could see something like that coming from a Tulas Memorial HS coach, but not a college assistant...oh wait, it is OSU. Nevermind
hey! thats where I went! (Memorial).

on second thought, nevermind, we sucked at football

OU-HSV
10/19/2006, 07:59 PM
I'll take your word for it...I couldn't make that out as a spit incident but I wouldn't put it past the sheep humping coaches

birddog
10/19/2006, 08:02 PM
i'm certainly not surprised.

i really wish they had the balls to come over here and talk. not poke4christ because he's too civil.

goingoneight
10/19/2006, 08:56 PM
I don't see it... point it out for me, please...

goingoneight
10/19/2006, 08:59 PM
Nevermind... that's just sick... Send him to Miami or something, sheesh!

goingoneight
10/19/2006, 09:02 PM
Did they send that up to the booth for Gordon to review?

After further review, it is determined that Oklahoma State Assistant Football Coaches spit instead of swallowing... Wait a second... What now, Mr. Pickens!?! Ahemm... There was no flag on the play, first down Oregon, UO sucks, touchdown Raiders..."

OUstud
10/19/2006, 09:11 PM
Kudos to whoever noticed the guy spitting. That was very subtle.

sooneron
10/19/2006, 09:14 PM
I had to watch it about 5 times- the spitter is on the left side of the screen.

goingoneight
10/19/2006, 10:40 PM
How come when Stoops gets ****ed at a referee, Calahan does a throat-slash, or Pete Carroll rolls his eyes, they get national media criticism, but this stuff isn't even penalized? Did the player not tell what happened?

Octavian
10/20/2006, 12:45 AM
Aggies claim video was "doctored" (http://mb29.scout.com/fosuinsiderfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=25291.top ic&start=121&stop=140)

Predictably, insanity reigns.

The more I look at the poor quaity, the more I think it is doctored.

...the material in the shirt poked out and catches the sun while he is moving out of the way.

This video is either doctored, or the lighting catches something in such a way as it looks like something it is not.

I cant wait to read tomorrows DO headlines about what a horrible coaching staff..despicable..how they should all be faced with the death penalty etc..all over a FAKE VIDEO.

meanwhile adrian peterson is at home collecting pay checks from various ou donors.

how would you feel if you lost your job because of something YOU NEVER DID??????

I don't think he spit on him. If you watch the side view, there is plenty of space between the alleged spitter and the player

I thought, if he did spit, it was a case of poor timing and wasn't trying to hit the player

It goes on and on like that for a couple pages...

Scotty
10/20/2006, 01:03 AM
In addition to those:

Don't you think if the player would have gotten spit on he would have stood up and done something instead of being helped up and walking off? You all are morons.

If you look at the image that I captured, you'll see that the quality becomes extremely poor most noticably in the area of "the spit". That is what makes me think it was possibly doctored. On the bottom right of the shot, and even in the upper right, while the quality is still poor, you can still make out things quite easily.

This is caused by either someone doctoring the video, or by the lighting of the sun. My guess, without assuming a doctored video, and pretending that it isn't "spit", is that the material in the shirt poked out and catches the sun while he is moving out of the way. Possible? Yes. Likely? You decide.

You guys are a bunch of nimrods. Don't you think that if a member of our staff had actually spit on the KU player, that someone would have already been making a huge stink about it in the media?

I had this game Tivo'd last night and watched that particular play after reading this thread. The person in question is Van Zant's interpreter. And no, he does not spit on the KU player. This video is either doctored, or the lighting catches something in such a way as it looks like something it is not.

Anyone else who has the game taped from Fox Sports can do exactly as I have and you will know this video is an absolute farce.

i just saw this thread and I CANT BELIEVE IT TOOK 7 PAGES for someone to realize this was doctored. the first line i read in this thread immediately maid me think "not real"...looks like some uber jealous KU fans. I cant wait to read tomorrows DO headlines about what a horrible coaching staff..despicable..how they should all be faced with the death penalty etc..all over a FAKE VIDEO.

meanwhile adrian peterson is at home collecting pay checks from various ou donors.

Look at it again. When you see the guy go out of bounds on the wide shot at the beginning of the video-he's pretty far away from the OSU coach in question. The shot at @ 30 seconds in makes it look like he's right at the coaches feet. He did spit but I imagine it wasn't on or at the player.. just appeared so from the camera angle..
If thats not the case, its despicable..

After watching the video from kusports it's even more likely now that this was just a misleading camera angle.

Guys...here's the deal... I have watched this segment of video on FSC over and over and over. I'm ggetting blind from watching it so much. I do not have the capability at home to do any video editing. Wish I did. This video is ridiculous. He did not spit on or at or near the player. Whether doctored or not, this video is total and absolute b.s. I think that everyone who called people names and wrote e-mails to the athletic dept. needs to seriously start doing some damage control.

That's what I thought. I thought, if he did spit, it was a case of poor timing and wasn't trying to hit the player down.

:rolleyes:

leavingthezoo
10/20/2006, 01:13 AM
you guys have the best eyesight ever. i still don't see it.

Scotty
10/20/2006, 01:18 AM
On the slow mo replay at 30 second mark, you can see it as it is against the orange shirt background. (some pokes have suggested that it is not spit, but a reflection of light off of the shirt.....seriously...)

soonerinabilene
10/20/2006, 08:29 AM
gawd i love this faggy quote from above: I cant wait to read tomorrows DO headlines about what a horrible coaching staff..despicable..how they should all be faced with the death penalty etc..all over a FAKE VIDEO.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

TopDawg
10/20/2006, 09:42 AM
I knew the OSU coaches' shirts were ugly, but I didn't know they had reflectors on them. The fact that OSU fans think that excuse is even plausible says a lot about the heinousness of those shirts.

Oh, and by the way, aggies. The reason the video quality is poor is because it was broadcast by Fox Sports. And because it was OSU/KU, it didn't even get Fox's best cameras.

And does anybody really care about OSU football enough to doctor a video?

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/20/2006, 10:03 AM
Don't you think that if a member of our staff had actually spit on the KU player, that someone would have already been making a huge stink about it in the media?

Heh, I don't think the media knew there was a game going on in Lawrence.:twinkies:

soonerlaw
10/20/2006, 11:20 AM
In other news, Bill Romanoski hired by OSU as interpreter.

Taxman71
10/20/2006, 11:26 AM
Wouldn't the spit have had to hit the guy dead on in the face for him to notice considering he was rolling on the ground covered in pads and a helmet?