PDA

View Full Version : somewhat comical:

Scotty
10/19/2006, 02:04 AM
From Gopokes.com(keep in mind I did not go to this site expecting any type of objectivity, but moreso just for ****s and giggles)

Title of thread: "So good its scary"

with the best qb in the big 12
best wr in the big 12
best freshmen rb in the big 12

gundy has truly taken the next step

he also has a strangle hold on recruiting in the houston area, not to mention making huge strids in the rest of texas. we are a solid defense away from finishing first or second in the big 12 year in and year out.

Bowman is the best wr in the big xii and probably the country. Kansas was the first time Reid had tried more than 25 passes. Bowman's stats would be better had Reid had passing attempts like he did against KU.

Bowman has more yards despite having played only 6 games up to this point (the others have played 7 games) and having less receptions.

Sooner, your team now has no one, including #4, that can touch Bowman.

Adarius Bowman is the real AD... as you will soon find out.

I do think that in terms of ability and pure athleticism, [peterson and bowman] DO compare. In terms of accomplishments, Bowman is just getting started on the college level and Peterson is done. Very different places in the same game.

I'd put Bowman athletically in the top 10 nationally and definitely the top 3 in the big 12. Statistically he IS the best around, bar none, and that's ALL that matters - stats.

Bowman is the best receiver in the country right now. PERIOD.

Malcolm Kelly better than Adarius? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Now that's funny.

You'll find out about Bowman when your safties are lying face down in his dust. Man, too bad you don't have Peterson to save the day for you goons.

Sounds like we've got ourselves a cult a'formin up in stoolwater.

fadada1
10/19/2006, 06:10 AM
who the **** is adarius bowman???

Newbomb Turk
10/19/2006, 06:54 AM
and that's ALL that matters - stats.

OK.

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2006, 07:34 AM
and that's ALL that matters - stats.

OK.

no kidding.

ok how about 77-16-7 then?

SoonerBorn68
10/19/2006, 08:11 AM
Ya know, aggy brags like I give a ****.

Truly funny when their whole world revolves around the Sooners.

StoopTroup
10/19/2006, 08:14 AM
I like being a goon.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/images/people/mark_lung_goon_mo01.jpg

Ninja Goon

OU4LIFE
10/19/2006, 08:23 AM
Bowman put up some huge numbers last week.

against a very good KU defense.

that is ranked dead last in the NCAA in pass defense.

last.

dead last.

yeah, whatever.

Boomer.....
10/19/2006, 08:26 AM
Only a good defense away......HA!

fwsooner22
10/19/2006, 08:29 AM
Ummmmm..........They lost to Houston right? Were Akeem and Drexler playing

soonerinabilene
10/19/2006, 08:41 AM
Ummmmm..........They lost to Houston right? Were Akeem and Drexler playing

apparently losing to houston gives you a stranglehold on recruiting in houston. we should play dallas baptist and lose, that way we can get a stranglehold on recruiting in dallas.

StoopTroup
10/19/2006, 08:55 AM
heh

crawfish
10/19/2006, 09:34 AM
Honestly, if about 3-4 linemen get kicked off their respective teams for drug dealing this year, OSU may have a shot.

;)

sooner518
10/19/2006, 10:05 AM
“It’s going to be the best facility in the country. I think anybody that wants to challenge it can come down and take a look. It started at 120 (million), went to 138 and now it’s close to 180 million...and that’s just the west endzone. You are talking about a 20,000 square-foot weight room, 18,000 square-foot locker room, 20,000 square-foot restaurant to feed our athletes, coaches offices, meeting rooms, 250-seat IMAX team theater, all the latest technology."

Mike Gundy 7-26-06
hehehe

and seriously, who the hell is Adarius Bowman? I've never even heard of him

Flagstaffsooner
10/19/2006, 10:22 AM
What's are safties?

OU4LIFE
10/19/2006, 10:35 AM
a fancy weight room(and it IS fancy...very nice), and an IMAX theater do not a football team make.

Maybe they can watch replays of the Houston game on the IMAX screen.

Gig'em. tards.

ADs_Agent
10/19/2006, 10:42 AM
these agg's do realize they have only beaten Kansas right? They still lost to KState and Houston who are terrible. You'd think they'd give OState a national championship in something other than male rolling and groping the way the talk.

Newbomb Turk
10/19/2006, 11:03 AM
You'd think they'd give OState a national championship in something other than male rolling and groping the way the talk.

and golf - don't forget golf.

fadada1
10/19/2006, 11:25 AM
and golf - don't forget golf.
jesus H. christ, newcomb... you forgot wrastlin' and barrel racing!!!!!

WTF is wrong with you????:texan:

sooneron
10/19/2006, 11:34 AM
I am SOOOOO glad that I no longer have to share a state with those tards.

Rhino
10/19/2006, 12:54 PM
I remember when Rashaun Woods had seven touchdowns against SMU and the aftermath of "GREATEST WIDE RECEIVER EVER!" talk from the aggylite clan.

bri
10/19/2006, 01:00 PM
gundy has truly taken the next step

I'll give them credit there. Gundy HAS taken aggy to the next step.

Of course, it's aggy, so that step consists of going from "suck" to "blow".

picasso
10/19/2006, 01:10 PM
wow, getting a road win in the conference will sure do wonders for idiotic illusions.
Bowman is a great WR and a threat. Reid is playing better than I thought he would, seems to be reaching his potential.
oSu as a team though still sucks ***.

and why oh why the comparisons to AD? those guys have the biggest OU Phallus envy ever! they wonder why we consider Texas our true rivals.
it's because Texas respects us and the fact that AD is a rare breed.

josh09
10/19/2006, 03:54 PM
who the **** is adarius bowman???

THAT sums up my thoughts right now lol

stupid pokes

mdklatt
10/19/2006, 04:00 PM
and seriously, who the hell is Adarius Bowman? I've never even heard of him

He's the WR we don't want DJ Wolfe to cover. :eek:

Landthief 1972
10/19/2006, 04:01 PM
I'd be impressed with Reid and their "AD" if their best win wasn't against a bad Kansas team. Have they even played a ranked team this year?

bri
10/19/2006, 04:51 PM
He's the WR we don't want DJ Wolfe to cover. :eek:

Oh, come on...that could be ANYONE.

GottaHavePride
10/19/2006, 04:57 PM
Heh.

OKC-SLC
10/19/2006, 06:39 PM
My God, they are so pathetic.

And put me on the list who has never even HEARD of this Bowman character.

Reading that **** makes me wonder if they have forgotten that they have beaten nobody.

SoonerDood
10/19/2006, 06:53 PM
I'd be impressed with Reid and their "AD" if their best win wasn't against a bad Kansas team. Have they even played a ranked team this year?
they haven't even played a top 50 team this year. Houston- well they lost to ULaLa.

Booner
10/19/2006, 06:58 PM
Seriously, outside of Reid, do they have any good players who aren't former drug dealers, rapists or gang leaders?

OKC-SLC
10/19/2006, 07:00 PM
Seriously, outside of Reid, do they have any good players?
I know, seriously.

goingoneight
10/19/2006, 09:31 PM
Isn't Bowman like 29 or something??? Seriously... what's with the comment about Malcom Kelly??? He's proven, and Kelly also tore up a KU defense that was actually ranked outside the bottom five in pass defense. NTM, Kelly won't 'touch' AB anywho... He's a freaking WR, dumbass pukes, not a CB. Leave it to aggy to think you put your offenses on the field at the same time and have a slugfest. I guess looking at how badly we OWN them, they probably do. So what was Barry Sanders, a linebacker???

BTW, AB couldn't even hold AD's jock, stupid aggies. AB has a decent game against a defense that doesn't know you can actually throw the ball. AD tears teams apart from the line, and catches passes out of the backfield. Did I mention he returns kicks to? Nice try, faggies... have a good bowl game in November when we beat you by 30 or more again.

MiccoMacey
10/19/2006, 10:10 PM
Bowman is for real. He's a legit threat and a serious athlete. He's a transfer from UNC who came when Gundy hired their old WR coach.

And he's a better bball player than he is a football player. He may seriously start for OSU this year in bball.

Statalyzer
10/19/2006, 10:50 PM
Bowman is a good player but I'd take Kelly, Sweed, or Blythe first any day.

Rhino
10/19/2006, 11:29 PM
Bowman is a good player but I'd take Kelly, Sweed, or Blythe first any day. Holy ****, it's a reasonable post from a horn.

goingoneight
10/19/2006, 11:39 PM
I think All-BIG 12 would have to have Kelly and Sweed. Sweed is kind of a Mark Clayton-esque guy, impossible grabs, sweet YAC's... Well, not-so-sweet when he burns OUr secondary...

Crimsontothecore
10/20/2006, 01:25 AM
wanna hear something that's both funny and pathetic at the same time? Union high school football has been televised more than osu this year!:P :P

Scotty
10/20/2006, 01:28 AM
heh:D

TopDawg
10/20/2006, 10:32 AM
I think All-BIG 12 would have to have Kelly and Sweed. Sweed is kind of a Mark Clayton-esque guy, impossible grabs, sweet YAC's... Well, not-so-sweet when he burns OUr secondary...

Sweed and Clayton seem very different to me. I haven't watched a whole lot of Sweed, but it seems like his YAC comes mostly from just getting behind DBs and catching and running with the ball when nobody is between him and the endzone. Clayton, on the other hand, made a habit out of getting his YAC by making people miss and breaking tackles.

SoonerNorth
10/21/2006, 09:02 AM
It's nice to know that the internet finally got the mobile home parks in Stillwater.

Scotty
10/24/2006, 04:13 PM
you don't think ou is going on probation? You actually think stoops is going to stay there when Texas is out recruiting them now and getting ready to go on a winning streak with them? Not to mention the oSu building project that will soon be a major blow to ou as well.
Yeah, stoops will stay there and take his lumps from oSu and Texas while ou gets even further behind the eight ball when sanctions come!

Back to my point...Why would anyone want to go to ou in the near future with what all is headed their way ?
p.s. ORANGE STORM CLOUDS BUILDING!

:D :D :D :D :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/24/2006, 05:19 PM
I remember when Rashaun Woods had seven touchdowns against SMU and the aftermath of "GREATEST WIDE RECEIVER EVER!" talk from the aggylite clan.

I would bet the SF 49ers would disagree with that statement as well

snp
10/24/2006, 05:28 PM
I would take Bowman on my team any day. Like to see some more video on him, but we all know how that goes with OSU.

Sweed is nothing like Clayton. He's 6'5. Just because they're both good WRs, doesn't mean they're similar.

goingoneight
10/25/2006, 08:01 PM
Nah, man, I'm not saying they're a mirror-image of eachother, I'm saying they run routes similar, burn the secondary and can pull in great catches people wouldn't expect them to get... and Sweed actually did shake and bake some DB's last year en route to Armageddon in Los Angeles. I'm not trying to make feloow Sooners feel insecure, but the kid does show similarities...

soonerjace
10/25/2006, 08:25 PM
Keep in mind~if the aggots can stay within 50 pts in a game it is always considered a "Moral Victory".

Ash
10/25/2006, 08:26 PM
They have a football team up there?

snp
10/25/2006, 08:51 PM
Nah, man, I'm not saying they're a mirror-image of eachother, I'm saying they run routes similar, burn the secondary and can pull in great catches people wouldn't expect them to get... and Sweed actually did shake and bake some DB's last year en route to Armageddon in Los Angeles. I'm not trying to make feloow Sooners feel insecure, but the kid does show similarities...

You just described a stereotypical WR. You're painting an extremely broad brush to make your comparison. Yea, every great WR just about will pull down some great catches and burn the secondary. That's what they're there for. Clayton's fortay was YAC. He wasn't going to out jump people like what Sweed will do. If you're going to make an OU comparison, use Kelly. They're both similar. Don't try and compare a 6'5 WR vs one of the shiftiest, quickest WR we've ever seen.

I have no insecurities towards Texas. One of the most non-bias towards UT fans there is. I just think your comparison is totally wrong.