PDA

View Full Version : Jason Hannon, C, Waxahatchie TX

Frozen Sooner
10/18/2006, 11:44 PM
Just switched his commitment from OSU to OU per the front page of Scout.com.

Not rated super-high but big big frame at 6'4" and 285.

snp
10/19/2006, 12:17 AM
More OL is always cool. How many more OL are we taking? Romine and 1 more? Or are they going to hold that last spot for him.

Per scout on Hannon's verbal:

Sometimes early commitments can be tenuous, but Hannan has already visited the OSU campus unofficially twice and his enthusiasm sounds so sincere that this first commitment is very strong.

Oh Robert.

sooneron
10/19/2006, 09:16 AM
This kid didn't get a lot of offers. Why is that? The offers weren't exactly major schools- baylor, lOSUr, UofH, and us.

mrowl
10/19/2006, 10:37 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/102006dnspohswaxahachie.53603719.html

Waxahachie center Jason Hannan said Thursday morning that he has switched his oral commitment to Oklahoma, after being committed to Oklahoma State since April.

Oral commitments are nonbinding. The first day a recruit in the Class of 2007 can sign a national letter of intent is Feb. 7.

Hannan (6-4, 285) said that OU had been recruiting him since the spring, but he finally received an offer from the Sooners after he attended Oklahoma's home game against Iowa State on Saturday. He said his decision was an easy one after getting the scholarship offer.

"OU has a bigger tradition of winning, it's closer to home and I really like [offensive line coach James] Patton," Hannan said.

Hannan said informing Oklahoma State coaches of his decision was a tough one.

"I had been committed to OSU for a while," Hannan said. "It's one of the hardest things I've ever had to do."

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2006, 11:11 AM
"It's one of the hardest things I've ever had to do."

Years from now, he will laugh at this statement.

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2006, 12:29 PM

HEH

The Consumate Showman
10/19/2006, 02:16 PM
If you guys get a chance, you should go look at his film. He is awesome. I think we might just have to name him IHOP because he was dealing out some pancakes on those highlight reels!

This makes me feel better about the future of our OL. Patten seems to have a good grasp on these kids and a even better idea of who he wants. Plus, the fact that he has onlt been talking to Hannon for about 3-4 weeks and already got him to drop his commitment and come to OU speaks volumes about him as a coach and a man in general. Good job Coach Patten!

Now if we can just lure Mr. Romine down Norman-way, we will be sittin' perdy!

BajaOklahoma
10/19/2006, 06:38 PM
Jason is a nice kid. He feels guilty about making a committment, even a soft one and switching. But he actually decided to switch a couple of weeks ago.

And my son has been talking up OU to him for months!

sooneron
10/19/2006, 09:19 PM
Well played, sir.

Big Red Ron
10/19/2006, 09:54 PM
Years from now, he will laugh at this statement.Exactly my first thought!

Soonerwolf
10/21/2006, 12:08 PM
This kid didn't get a lot of offers. Why is that? The offers weren't exactly major schools- baylor, lOSUr, UofH, and us.

OU was at the best (2000-2004) when we recruited kids that were good players (big upside/potential) and good people (not prima donnas) - with blue chippers mixed in at key spots.

When the Sooners started looking to heavily recruit mainly blue chip talent (major egos and cry-babies - few exceptions like AP excluded), they whined about playing time, Schmitty, etc. and bolted (Cade/Grady/Millington/Dampeer/Choice/ROARK/etc) or were major idiots (Bomar/Rawls/etc).

Seems like Coach Stoops and company should go back to they type of players that made the program so successful during that great 5 year stretch that put OU back in the major college powers scene.

;)

KingDavid
10/21/2006, 10:22 PM
OU was at the best (2000-2004) when we recruited kids that were good players (big upside/potential) and good people (not prima donnas) - with blue chippers mixed in at key spots.

When the Sooners started looking to heavily recruit mainly blue chip talent (major egos and cry-babies - few exceptions like AP excluded), they whined about playing time, Schmitty, etc. and bolted (Cade/Grady/Millington/Dampeer/Choice/ROARK/etc) or were major idiots (Bomar/Rawls/etc).

Seems like Coach Stoops and company should go back to they type of players that made the program so successful during that great 5 year stretch that put OU back in the major college powers scene.

;)

Couldn't agree with you more . . . you cannot coach character.