PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here listen to Bob and Tom in the morning

Jerk
10/18/2006, 09:54 PM
They are funny. They are real funny. The only thing I don't like is their monotone fake laughing, but aside from that, the show is halarious. They are nationally syndicated. I like them alot more than Lex & Terri, because Lex & Terry come across as "Holier than thou." They had a comedian on today that did a song called "Porkrinds Airlines" about an Airline Co. that guarantees not to get hijacked by islamic extremists. Everyone has to eat a ham before they board. (what a great idea, really!) But you just have to hear it yourself. So I'm googling it now to share it with you. And I can't find it. This post is starting to really suc. Goodnight.

http://www.bobandtom.com/gen3/index.htm

royalfan5
10/18/2006, 09:57 PM
They recycle bits alot and beat them into the ground afterawhile.

SeattleOUstudent
10/18/2006, 10:06 PM
Dickens Cider. YWIA

Tailwind
10/18/2006, 10:17 PM
They are pretty funny.

Rhino
10/18/2006, 10:34 PM
I guess they are geared toward a much different bracket of humor.

I think they're the worst syndicated morning show since Kidd Kraddick.

GottaHavePride
10/18/2006, 10:43 PM
Heh. It's got to be better than the guy in Wichita a few years back. I think he was on T-95, and they ran some promotion about you could win free tickets to some concert (sponsored by Pepsi) if you would pull a can of Pepsi out of a cow's *** and drink it. I'm assuming the can would have been well-wrapped before insertion.

Yeah, that one set off quite the ****-storm.

jk the sooner fan
10/18/2006, 10:45 PM
they're out of indianapolis.....i used to listen to them when i was stationed at fort knox...i thought they were funny as hell

the biblical baseball bit is one of the funniest bits i've heard

SicEmBaylor
10/18/2006, 10:46 PM
What if you're jewish?

Tailwind
10/18/2006, 11:17 PM
What if you are? What if you aren't? Personally, I think "Big butter Jesus" is pretty funny.

SicEmBaylor
10/18/2006, 11:18 PM
Well, a Jewish person couldn't get on the plane beucase they don't eat pork either.

SoonerJack
10/19/2006, 08:00 AM
Bob and Tom are great. I listen every morning on my drive to work. My favorites are:
1 Mike Berbiglia's secret public journal,
2 Anything that Paul and Storm sing,
3 Christy's voice
4 how Chick can take any topic and turn it into something dirty in 2 seconds flat.

They do recycle bits, but they do it infrequently enough.

OUAndy1807
10/19/2006, 08:16 AM
Jerk, I would have figured you for a satellite radio guy.

The best radio duo ever, seriously: Ron and Fez
http://www.adampadilla.com/design/images/ron%20and%20fez.jpg
hear for yourself (Ron invents smoke pants):
http://www.ronfez.net/displaymedia.cfm/id/3004

jk the sooner fan
10/19/2006, 08:18 AM
do they still do the "mr obvious" bits?

Taxman71
10/19/2006, 09:53 AM
They are very hit and miss. Anytime they have an actor from The Office on the phone it is great. The dude that sings the "Jeff Gordon's Gay" song et al. should be on there daily. The song about the fight at the church league softball game is classic.....and, sadly, very true.

Their Camel Toe song from a few years back is still the standard.