PDA

View Full Version : Another reason dogs >>>> cats

crawfish
10/18/2006, 03:49 PM
Stupid cats. :mad:

Dog Saves Owner, Dies Trying to Save Cat

ELKHART LAKE, Wis. (AP) -- After a disabled woman's cat started a house fire, her specially trained dog came to the rescue, then died trying unsuccessfully to rescue the cat.

Jamie Hanson said her 13-year-old dog Jesse brought her artificial leg and a phone she used to call 911.

"She got me outside and then she heard the cat upstairs and she went up there to get the cat and she wouldn't come back to me," Hanson, 49, said at a news conference Monday at Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center, where she was being treated for her injuries.

She received third-degree arm burns in the fire Sunday night at her home in Rhine, south of Elkhart Lake. Both pets died.

Hanson, who lost a leg in a car accident three years ago, said she was on the couch watching television when the cat ran over the back of the couch.

"And he jumped onto a table that had a candle on it and tipped it over and lighted the artificial plants on fire," she said.

Hanson said she fell off the couch and was unable to get her artificial leg from the table, "so my dog got my leg for me and went and got the phone and brought the phone to me so I could call 911."

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/18/2006, 03:50 PM
Aww, man...

:(

Viking Kitten
10/18/2006, 03:55 PM
It's not like Jinxy started the fire on purpose. Sounds like the woman is kind of a dumbass for leaving a lit, unstable candle surrounded by flammable objects on a table her pets can jump on. These are lessons learned from having toddlers I guess.

KABOOKIE
10/18/2006, 04:03 PM
I'm sure the dog went back into the house to find a gun to keep the cat from suffering in the fire.

GrapevineSooner
10/18/2006, 04:15 PM
It was a male cat.

That explains everything.

Probably a silver tabby, just like my dumbass cat.

C&CDean
10/18/2006, 04:26 PM
Somebody give me a holler when they hear about a cat that can call 911 and fetch a peg leg.

Cats. Living proof that not everything in nature has a function.

BudSooner
10/18/2006, 06:31 PM
Dogs rule and cats are from Texas, or something like that.

BajaOklahoma
10/18/2006, 07:32 PM
It's not like Jinxy started the fire on purpose. Sounds like the woman is kind of a dumbass for leaving a lit, unstable candle surrounded by flammable objects on a table her pets can jump on. These are lessons learned from having toddlers I guess.

First thing I thought of too. What a sad speciemn of a woman. She didn't deserve to a great dog like that.

TedUjam
10/18/2006, 08:30 PM
http://www.grographics.com/transient/free-cat.jpg

olevetonahill
10/18/2006, 08:35 PM
Dogs rule and cats are from Texas, or something like that.
Sheesh that splains the ugly orange tabby :eek:

olevetonahill
10/18/2006, 08:36 PM
http://www.grographics.com/transient/free-cat.jpg
The only good cat is a ;)

soonerboomer93
10/18/2006, 08:42 PM

This sums up everything.

leavingthezoo
10/18/2006, 10:10 PM
Somebody give me a holler when they hear about a cat that can call 911 and fetch a peg leg.

Kitty 911 (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1462424)

it didn't fetch a leg though. :O