PDA

View Full Version : Top Chef - Season Two Premiere

KC//CRIMSON
10/18/2006, 01:50 PM
I think this is by far one of the best "reality" shows on TV. Not only is it filmed and edited in a slick way, the cast is pretty interesting and cooks up some awesome recipes.

http://realitytvcalendar.com/shows/topchef/logo2.jpg

Show Info and Bios: Check it out tonight. http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef//index.shtml

KC//CRIMSON
10/18/2006, 02:23 PM
Did I forget to mention the host is a complete knockout?

http://images.google.com/images?q=Padma+Lakshmi&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

oops, my bad.

IB4OU2
10/18/2006, 02:41 PM
I'm horngry now..........

KC//CRIMSON
10/18/2006, 10:08 PM
Izz on.

nanimonai
10/19/2006, 03:48 AM
Great show....

KC//CRIMSON
2/1/2007, 09:47 AM
Marcel was robbed.

Bad.

LilSooner
2/1/2007, 10:14 AM
No Sam was robbed.

KC//CRIMSON
2/1/2007, 10:18 AM
Well yeah, that's true too.;)

mdklatt
2/1/2007, 11:12 AM
Marcel was robbed.

Bad.

Eh, I could see where they were going. If they wanted somebody who had a better shot of running a kitchen right now, Ilan was the better choice. Marcel is talented, but lacks some organizational skills...and people skills. Face it: He's a giant dork. Ilan is a giant ******, but at least he didn't lose his fish.

Sam should have one the whole thing, though. And it would have been nice to see what Cliff could do in the final two.

OUAndy1807
2/1/2007, 12:46 PM
Ilan was the ******? Marcel was a colossal ******.

the only reality show I will watch.

I can't believe anyone would watch those final two dinners and choose Marcel's dinner

KC//CRIMSON
2/1/2007, 01:17 PM
Over the course of the season, Marcel was clearly the better chef. Taste, definitely-presentation, and technical ability. I mean for christ sake! Ilan tried to put half chicken livers in chocolate and serve it up as a truffel? He almost got laughed out of the kitchen by one of the top chef's in the world.

In the end, Marcel screwed up by serving two salads in the final meal. But still should have won. He basically got beat by a queen hack who only knows how to cook one type of food and serve up his amazing cilantro in every dish.

Crazy *hit.:rolleyes:

OUAndy1807
2/1/2007, 01:32 PM
I wonder what they would have done had Sam and the other dude just completely sabotaged Marcel. I was thinking that was a possibility when same was really pushing for the slob (who was always my favorite by the way) when the finalists were picking their teams.

my wife started watching Top Design last night and I might have to tune in for the bitchy catfights.

Scott D
2/1/2007, 03:12 PM
I thought the biggest joke was when Ilan tried saying before the judges about going away from his comfort zone during the show. The man tried to spanishize every dish he made...that's not leaving your comfort zone. The main reason I think he won was because he wasn't trying so hard from day 1 to win that he didn't manage to well, **** off everyone else. I also didn't really believe him when he said that he didn't know what he was going to make until he was doing the shopping. I think he had ideas and he got the supplies to fit the ideas and might have made adjustments while shopping.

Then again, however Betty lasted as long as she did is beyond me. She was terrible, cheated more than once, blamed others (especially Marcel) for her failings. It was amusing that at one point it really did become Marcel v. everyone else during the competition.

I honestly wouldn't be too surprised in the future, if Marcel actually becomes the better known chef than Ilan.

KC//CRIMSON
2/1/2007, 04:15 PM
Then again, however Betty lasted as long as she did is beyond me.

Word. Another hack.

And how Mikey even got on the frickin' show is beyond me.

Hey Ilan, fruit balls! Wow, you don't learn that being the line cook at Chipotle.

Scott D
2/1/2007, 04:17 PM
oh and Bravo, seeing the finale once was enough, I don't need to see it 5x in 2 days.

mdklatt
2/1/2007, 04:19 PM
oh and Bravo, seeing the finale once was enough, I don't need to see it 5x in 2 days.

Is it pre-empting your Queer Eye viewing? ;)

KC//CRIMSON
2/1/2007, 04:22 PM
It's pre-empting my Six Feet Under viewing.

soonerscuba
2/1/2007, 06:55 PM
Marcel is a ******, but I am still confused as to how in God's name Ilan won.

Scott D
2/1/2007, 07:27 PM
we already said in the thread....he won because Marcel was a ****** during the competition.

OUAndy1807
2/1/2007, 08:28 PM
Mario Batali is such a hack. he never cooks Asian food.

the Smashing Pumpkins were such hacks because they never put out a rap album.

SoonerAtKU
2/2/2007, 11:20 AM
As soon as they figured out that Sam created the only dish of Marcel's that they loved, it was all over.

I'll bet they regretted not having Sam in the final at that point.

KC//CRIMSON
2/2/2007, 11:32 AM
This final was the OU vs Oregon of the culinary world.

OUAndy1807
2/2/2007, 11:35 AM
I was shocked that Sam and the hot chick weren't the final two (but her dishes in the semi-final were pretty weak)

OUAndy1807
2/2/2007, 11:36 AM
and by "the hot chick" I mean Betty.