PDA

View Full Version : Huskers vs Horns & Hope the score will be...

Blues1
10/18/2006, 09:38 AM
Well since our "NEW" 2006 Season Begins this Saturday Lets put the MOJO on this Game.....!!!!! :D

Hope the score will be --- Corns 33 - Horns 31

You notice the word HOPE.....!!!!

NU do the Right thing JUST Once....

Rock On'

MiccoMacey
10/18/2006, 10:04 AM
I didn't know the Huskers were playing the Horns AND Hope...where is Hope University anyway?

royalfan5
10/18/2006, 10:12 AM
It's not going to be that high scoring of a game. NU will try and shorten the game + it looks to be poor weather. It will be more of 21-14 type game.

colleyvillesooner
10/18/2006, 10:18 AM
I hope NU wins 2-0. But that's just me.

tbl
10/18/2006, 10:20 AM
I beg to differ. I think it will be a high scoring game. Hopefully the corns will score more points, but I'm not holding my breath.

royalfan5
10/18/2006, 10:25 AM
I beg to differ. I think it will be a high scoring game. Hopefully the corns will score more points, but I'm not holding my breath.
If it is a shootout, NU will lose handily. We're not equipped to play in track meets, and that won't be NU's goal. NU is going to run the ball a ton on Saturday to shorten the game, and to protect our secondary.

caphorns
10/18/2006, 10:26 AM
This has all the makings of a 10 plus point victory for Texas. I think it's a clear low scoring matchup - particulalry based on weather forecasts. Texas will also have T. Brown, Marcus Griffin and Rod Muckleroy back for this plus Brian Robison has finally indicated that he's 100% recovered. We don't kick field goals so I'll say Texas 21; Corn 6.

Partial Qualifier
10/18/2006, 10:34 AM
Cap - was Robison's injury really caused by that ISU guy kicking his leg? I swear, when that play happened he got kicked on his left leg but was favoring his right leg. I thought the announcers were getting it wrong and he tweaked it some other way.

caphorns
10/18/2006, 11:09 AM
PQ - don't know. Discussion of injuries is now completely off limits until the party line is delivered to us straight from the Kremlin. If I knew such information outside of party sources and divulged it, I'd assume I might spend the rest of my days in an unheated prison cell in Siberia.

JPNSKER
10/18/2006, 12:16 PM
If it is a shootout, NU will lose handily. We're not equipped to play in track meets, and that won't be NU's goal. NU is going to run the ball a ton on Saturday to shorten the game, and to protect our secondary.

I thought the same thing before Meechigan, though.... but you're probably right.

mdklatt
10/18/2006, 12:24 PM
NU is going to run the ball a ton on Saturday to shorten the game, and to protect our secondary.

That worked real well for y'all against USC. :texan:

caphorns
10/18/2006, 01:18 PM
That worked real well for y'all against USC. :texan:

Yep. And USC gives up 2x more yards rushing per game than Texas. Should be fun to watch.

footballfanatic
10/18/2006, 03:03 PM

Can you direct me to a good Nebraska fan forum? Thanks

royalfan5
10/18/2006, 03:10 PM
Can you direct me to a good Nebraska fan forum? Thanks
They all pretty much suck. Why do you think I have 3k+ posts here. Nebraska fans are by and large bat**** insane and as result none of the boards that good.

Football Jim
10/18/2006, 03:15 PM
They all pretty much suck. Why do you think I have 3k+ posts here. Nebraska fans are by and large bat**** insane and as result none of the boards that good.

Well put.

NU has some great fans, but those fans don't seem to hang out on their message boards. Lots of crazy bast**** troll there IMO

AustinTXHorn
10/18/2006, 03:29 PM
Honestly, if NU tries to get it done on the ground, I don't think they're going to win.

The way to beat us would be to attack the secondary. Especially is Tarell Brown is still hobbled.

My biggest fear about this game is that Callahan learned from his gameplan against USC and will come out guns-a-blazin' against us. But if he hasn't, I don't see how Nebraska has much of a chance.

soonervegas
10/18/2006, 03:49 PM
Honestly, if NU tries to get it done on the ground, I don't think they're going to win.

The way to beat us would be to attack the secondary. Especially is Tarell Brown is still hobbled.

My biggest fear about this game is that Callahan learned from his gameplan against USC and will come out guns-a-blazin' against us. But if he hasn't, I don't see how Nebraska has much of a chance.

Totally agree. If Nebraska is going to try and run it down texas' throat, it will not be a close game. Texas is better than USC so I do not see how the same game plan would have better results. If Nebraska pass/run ratio is 2 to 1 they have a shot.

My prediction: texas 28 NU 13

Harry Beanbag
10/18/2006, 03:58 PM
3-2 corn****ers

stoops the eternal pimp
10/18/2006, 04:31 PM
Totally agree. If Nebraska is going to try and run it down texas' throat, it will not be a close game. Texas is better than USC so I do not see how the same game plan would have better results. If Nebraska pass/run ratio is 2 to 1 they have a shot.

My prediction: texas 28 NU 13

callahan: "Texas is what we thought they were"

stoops the eternal pimp
10/18/2006, 04:47 PM
And why are they teaming up on the huskers

Redshirt
10/18/2006, 04:50 PM
Hope is right next to pray.

birddog
10/18/2006, 04:51 PM
is someone in the market for a baning?

SapulpaSooner
10/18/2006, 05:02 PM
NU 37 UT 36

josh09
10/18/2006, 05:26 PM
thinking-

UT:28
NU:17

hoping-

NU:35
UT:21

royalfan5
10/18/2006, 08:17 PM

Perhaps you didn't notice Adam Barmann shredding our seconday. Our secondary is the weak link too. Nebraska and Texas are pretty similar teams. If Texas is smart they will go after Grixby every down. I don't think Greg Davis is that smart. In addidtion, the NU o-line is pretty shaky in pass pro at times. NU will take some shots, but not as many as people think they should. NU will do it's best to control the ball and protect our secondary. Don't expect an air show.

Octavian
10/18/2006, 08:52 PM
Michael Griffin will miss the game w/ an injury.

T. Brown is questionable.

Pretty big hits to the already shaky Texas secondary before they ever leave Austin...

TedUjam
10/18/2006, 09:22 PM
Michael Griffin will miss the game w/ an injury.

T. Brown is questionable.

Pretty big hits to the already shaky Texas secondary before they ever leave Austin...

AAS quotes Akina as saying Griffin and Brown are playing.

Octavian
10/18/2006, 10:32 PM
AAS quotes Akina as saying Griffin and Brown are playing.

I dunno.

It came across the ESPN2 ticker about an hour and a half ago during the LA Lafayette @ FAU game (I know, I know...but it's a Wednesday and I don't dig baseball).

As of now, it's not on espn.com and there aren't any threads about it on either hornfans or huskerpedia.

Either ESPN was wrong (the ticker also said that Mizzou starting safety is out indefinetly for breaking team rules) or the Statesman probably got that from Akina before the situation changed.

AustinTXHorn
10/18/2006, 10:47 PM
I think it's wrong. I haven't heard anything about it and the depth chart this weekend shows both of them at first string.

Soonerus
10/18/2006, 10:50 PM
Corns are average, they probably win by 12....

StoopTroup
10/19/2006, 09:09 AM
I'll be watching this one...

We can't lose IMO...

If NU wins we laugh...

If the whorns win nothing really changes for us...

Herr Scholz
10/19/2006, 10:41 AM
I dunno.
Marcus Griffin (ankle) and Tarrel Brown (toe) are both definitely playing per today's DMN. The same thing was quoted in yesterday's Statesman. If they were out, I'd be worried.

AUSTIN – Co-defensive coordinator Duane Akina said he expects S Marcus Griffin (ankle) and CB Tarell Brown (toe) to play Saturday at Nebraska.

Griffin has missed three games this season. Brown has missed two. They both missed some (Griffin) or all (Brown) of the Ohio State game, and it led to a big passing day for the Buckeyes.

Both missed the Baylor game as the Bears threw for 320 yards – the most given up by the Longhorns this season.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/101906dnspoutbriefs.515dc5c1.html

Luthor
10/19/2006, 11:17 AM
PQ - don't know. Discussion of injuries is now completely off limits until the party line is delivered to us straight from the Kremlin. If I knew such information outside of party sources and divulged it, I'd assume I might spend the rest of my days in an unheated prison cell in Siberia.

YOU VILL COMPLY OR YOU VILL BE SHOTE !!!

footballfanatic
10/19/2006, 11:24 AM
I watched Nebraska play last year in the Alamo Bowl. Though they were outmanned, they really played hard, and their QB can take a hit. They have a good chance of winning, unless the Texas line can take control, like they did against OU.

Octavian
10/19/2006, 12:05 PM
Marcus Griffin (ankle) and Tarrel Brown (toe) are both definitely playing per today's DMN. The same thing was quoted in yesterday's Statesman. If they were out, I'd be worried.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/101906dnspoutbriefs.515dc5c1.html

Again, I typed what Bristol flashed across the screen.

I'd be worried too. The secondary has clearly been the weak link and if they're not all 100% healthy, Taylor might be able to have a solid day at home in the WCO.

goingoneight
10/19/2006, 10:01 PM
I really don't think they're getting much credit. The have so-so WR's at Nebbish and Taylor seems to hit them right between the numbers a lot when he's on his game... This isn't a bad team just becuase Calahan is there. A lot of Sooner Fans forget how close they came to taking us down last year... To be fair, we played well, but the officiating worked out for us in at least one game last year, and it was in Lincoln. That's why Calahan was so infuriated with the officials and did the slash deal. They're a tad bit better on offense this year, and whatever Boo and crew are doing on their defense, it's been working out great for them. They held SUC to only 21 points.

Conservative playcalling is what kills NU. They don't really have any established running threats, so why bother with the I. If Taylor's on his game, it could turn into a shootout. Lincoln crowd, to me... is what will save Nebbish in a shootout.

Football Jim
10/20/2006, 01:48 AM
Whorns - 24
Corns - 14