PDA

View Full Version : Dear New Super Target Assistant Manager

SoonerBorn68
10/18/2006, 09:23 AM
I really appreciate you treated my wife and family yesterday. :mad:

Background:

Yesterday I get a call from Mrs. '68 and says my boy wants to tell me something. "Dad, I got stitches!" Wha? He seems pretty proud so I ask if he's OK. "Yeah, I cut my finger at Super Target." Mrs. '68 gets back on the phone & gives me the story. He'd been in the bathroom and after washing his hands had cut himself from the paper towel dispenser. He came out of the bathroom with his hand wrapped up & blood going everywhere. She immediately took him up to the service desk & asked for a bandaid but figured out pretty quick it was beyond that point--the tip of his finger was gone. The manager told her to take him to the minor emergency clinic or a doctor of her choice & to bring the bill back to them & they'd pay for any and all charges. OK, that's really nice of them I thought. The doc put in three stitches & prescribed an antibiotic.

After she called me Mrs. '68 went back to the Target pharmacy to have the prescription filled. While she was waiting another manager walked back & informed the pharmacist Mrs. '68 would have to pay for the medicine and something to the effect of another dead beat lawsuit--getting something for nothing. She overheard this & confronted the manager and confirmed what she'd (the manager) had said. When Mrs. '68 said she wanted to speak to THE store manager, the assistant told her she was THE store manager and walked away. Another employee who saw the whole thing told my wife she was indeed only an assistant. The pharmacist was so embarrassed she gave the prescription to my wife & told her not to worry.

I'm still waiting for Mrs. '68 to call to find out what happened--she was going to cool down & try to take care of the situation this morning.

If this is the way the new Super Target is run, I'm out.

n8v_ndn
10/18/2006, 09:29 AM
I almost sliced open my hand pretty good in a similar fashion a few weeks ago. If the handle cracks, the plastic can slice you pretty easily.

Hopefully they haven't replaced it yet, so you can take pics.

GottaHavePride
10/18/2006, 09:30 AM
Should have got the name of the first manager - although it's hard to think of something like that when your kid is bleeding all over the place. Also should have got the name of the rude beyotch and lodged a gigantic complaint with the higher-ups.

nanimonai
10/18/2006, 09:32 AM
Good thing it didn't happen at Wal-Mart...they'd probably sue you for getting their towel dispenser all bloody.

SoonerBorn68
10/18/2006, 09:34 AM
GHP, that's gonna happen. I told her to make sure she got the name of the rude bitch. This complaint prolly won't stay at the store level but I'll give the store manager the opportunity to take care of it first.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/18/2006, 09:35 AM
That's total BS. A few years ago, I slipped on some yogurt that had spilled in the dairy aisle at the westside WalMart. In less than 2 minutes I had 3 managers over by me, bringing me a chair, asking me if I was ok.

They had me fill out a form with my contact information and gave me a phone number to call if I decided to go to a doctor. A few days later they called to check on me.

NormanPride
10/18/2006, 09:36 AM
At least the kiddo is okay!

That assistant should be fired for misrepresenting their status. If I was the real manager I'd be ****ed!

dolemitesooner
10/18/2006, 09:37 AM
Good thing it didn't happen at Wal-Mart...they'd probably sue you for getting their towel dispenser all bloody.
rofl...yeah thats the ****ing truth....**** WAL-MART

dolemitesooner
10/18/2006, 09:38 AM
GHP, that's gonna happen. I told her to make sure she got the name of the rude bitch. This complaint prolly won't stay at the store level but I'll give the store manager the opportunity to take care of it first.
mAN THEY ARE PROABLY LUCKY YOU WERENT THERE. I would have beat that ***

Mjcpr
10/18/2006, 09:38 AM
I have never injured myself while shopping.

Osce0la
10/18/2006, 09:39 AM
Just for that I think you guys should file another "dead beat lawsuit"...

:D

SoonerBorn68
10/18/2006, 09:42 AM
mAN THEY ARE PROABLY LUCKY YOU WERENT THERE. I would have beat that ***

Believe me, if they can manage to screw up this hole in the next couple of days (and they're almost there) I'll be heading up to Norman to TCB if Mrs. '68 isn't satified with the results.

frankensooner
10/18/2006, 09:48 AM
I am sorry to say that you don't have much lawsuit wiggle room. Your damages are minimal and your son will probably make a full recovery, unless he gets an infection or something (god forbid), what you might want to do is raise holy heck and get that stupid assistant manager in a world of hurt. Shout it from the roof tops. Call the district manager, do whatever is necessary to teach that gal a lesson! ;)

yermom
10/18/2006, 09:48 AM
i hope you own that place '68 :D

how can they be such *******s already? that place just opened...

dolemitesooner
10/18/2006, 09:50 AM
Believe me, if they can manage to screw up this hole in the next couple of days (and they're almost there) I'll be heading up to Norman to TCB if Mrs. '68 isn't satified with the results.
Yeah.....well if you need anybackup from the old Doleo

MamaMia
10/18/2006, 09:57 AM
Call the main headquarters and ask for the person in charge of injuries.

May your little boy have a speedy recovery. :)

skycat
10/18/2006, 09:59 AM
i hope you own that place '68 :D

how can they be such *******s already? that place just opened...

I guess *******s are born, not made.

OhU1
10/18/2006, 10:02 AM
Target is evil. Buy at Wal-Mart and help that dead beat stock price go up. It's been dead money for me for 2+ years now.

TexasSooner01
10/18/2006, 10:16 AM
Get an attorney and sue for lost wages (since I am sure Mrs 68 had to take off work to take care of the injuries) emotional distress, medical bills, impairment, disfigurement, I work for an attorney...cant you tell! :D

I am glad that 68jr is ok!

SoonerBorn68
10/18/2006, 10:18 AM
I am sorry to say that you don't have much lawsuit wiggle room. Your damages are minimal and your son will probably make a full recovery, unless he gets an infection or something (god forbid), what you might want to do is raise holy heck and get that stupid assistant manager in a world of hurt. Shout it from the roof tops. Call the district manager, do whatever is necessary to teach that gal a lesson! ;)

A lawsuit wouldn't be a consideration unless there was an extenuating health issue. I'm not a sue happy guy looking for a life lottery. I just want the person responsible for making my wife upset to make a sincere apology for her actions. It was unprofessional and she needs to be held accountable.

It would go a long way in getting our business back since my wife told me she won't step foot in that store again until things are settled. (She spent loads of our money with Target & if this is the way they treat good customers...)

SoonerBorn68
10/18/2006, 10:22 AM
Call the main headquarters and ask for the person in charge of injuries.

May your little boy have a speedy recovery. :)

Thanks mom & everyone for the concern. When little '68 was told he going to have to have stitches he freaked--but Mommy bribed him with the promise of a big toy firetruck for his upcoming birthday.

He's fine--and will be playing with the firetruck soon. :D

Sooner_Bob
10/18/2006, 11:12 AM
Dang . . . glad he's going to be fine 68.

I'd say get in touch with the risk management/safety folks and discuss it with them. Target should have a policy of inspecting all public areas to make sure they are free of hazards. If someone was supposed to have inspected the bathroom and didn't check the towel dispenser this is a prime opportunity for them to update their policy. Especially if they want to prevent something like this from happening again.

It won't change the rudeness, but at least the cause fo the injury will be gone.

Soonrboy
10/18/2006, 11:14 AM
the real target manager has a nephew that's on the sooner's...deep in the depth chart...brett bowers.