PDA

View Full Version : BIG XII MIDSEASON STATS

BIG_IKE
10/18/2006, 09:14 AM
:pop: I took a look at the NCAA Stats and checked out which Big 12 Teams were ranked in the Top 10 in different categories. Surprisingly, my Sooners were the only team not ranked in the Top 10 in anything . Not that that means nothing though...I'm just a stats freak. I did find that Ad is #2 in Rushing, #4 in scoring, and Hartley is the #2 Kicker in the nation. Great job guys..I predict some AA honors for Hartley this year.

Anywho, here is a look at the enemy, and which units and categories they are nationally ranked in...several are leading the nation right now. In the end I think the Big 12 is better than most people think..and not because of these stats. Wait till Bowl Season..

Oklahoma State
Kick Returns #1
Pass Efficiency #5
Scoring Offense #7
Total Offense #10
Fewest Penalties #9
Tackles For Losses #4
Sacks #4
Iowa State
Punt Returns #5
Kansas
Fumble Recoveries #8
Texas
Run Defense #2
Sacks #5
Punting #7
Punt Return Defense #3
Tackles for Losses #8
Pass Efficiency #5
Punt Returns #9
Scoring Offense #2
Turn Over Margin #2
Fumbles Caused #1
Turnovers Caused #4
Colorado
Run Defense #4
Kansas State
Kick Returns #2
Tackles For Losses #6
Missouri
Sacks #8
Kick Return Defense #5
Nebraska
Pass Efficiency #6
Scoring Offense #9
Total Offense #8
Fewest Interceptions Thrown #3
Baylor
Kick Returns #10
Passing Offense #10
Turnovers Caused #1
Texas Tech
Passing Offense #3
Passing Defense #10
Texas A&M
Kick Returns #5
Fewest Interceptions Thrown #1
Fumble Recoveries #8
3rd Down conversions #5

MiccoMacey
10/18/2006, 10:03 AM
Texas Tech
Worst fans #1

BIG_IKE
10/18/2006, 10:09 AM
HAHA... true indeed. I think everyone can agree that Tech fans blow.

Boomer.....
10/18/2006, 10:17 AM
I hope Hartley gets some sort of recognition. He has silently become an automatic kicking machine. Only one miss, which was blocked.

poke4christ
10/18/2006, 10:57 AM
Texas Tech
Worst fans #1

I totally agree. This seems to be a constant opinion among all the schools in the Big 12. That means it's bad enough to overshadow the clowded view of a rival's fans. That's pretty bad.

Also would like to add:

Nebraska
Best Fans #1

Zach

BIG_IKE
10/18/2006, 10:58 AM
I agree..Nebraska fans have always been polite. And that is felt on a national level, not just in conference.

Boomer.....
10/18/2006, 11:15 AM
Nebraska does have some great, respectful fans. I would also have to throw K State in the mix for worst fans.

ADs_Agent
10/18/2006, 11:23 AM
KState has some solid fans though, couple o' years ago we tailgated with some in the 03 season I believe.

Boomer.....
10/18/2006, 11:58 AM
When I went up there a year or two ago, they were horrible. They got out to an early 2 td lead and we couldn't hear enough of it. Between the smack talk, keys jingling, and "That's another K-State first down" I was about to loose my mind. We came back and won and that stadium got absolutley silent. You could hear a pin drop walking out of their hole with high school bleachers.

TXBOOMER
10/18/2006, 09:07 PM
If Hartley would have made the kick he had blocked it would have been called no good on the field and not overturned by the booth!

royalfan5
10/18/2006, 09:47 PM
Nebraska does have some great, respectful fans. I would also have to throw K State in the mix for worst fans.
Let's not sell Colorado short here people

1991SOONER
10/18/2006, 10:36 PM
KState, Colorado, TCEH, yep...horrible fans.

I never heard a mention of UTERUS fans in here. I admit some are good, and the ones that are bad are REALLY BAD.

I'll have to say that by far the best fans in the big 12 are those Sooner fans! ;)

*EDIT* - The percentage of Texas fans that are good fans are a whopping 1%. The rest are bad!

KStatePike
10/18/2006, 11:12 PM
When I went up there a year or two ago, they were horrible. They got out to an early 2 td lead and we couldn't hear enough of it. Between the smack talk, keys jingling, and "That's another K-State first down" I was about to loose my mind. We came back and won and that stadium got absolutley silent. You could hear a pin drop walking out of their hole with high school bleachers.

I remember that game well. Once Peterson got rolling and Dylan Meier got knocked out of the game, it was all over. The thing I will always remember about that game was that 2 kids, one in a ksu jersey and one in an ou jersey were fighting on the grassy hill right in front of the student section. They were probobly about 9 or 10 or so. I remember the ksu kid pushed the ou kid down the hill and the student section went crazy.

Anyways, the reason I'm replying to this thread is that I distinctively remember OU fans being treated like crap in this game. It was pretty much the worst behavior from our side that I've ever seen. I remember seeing Sooner cars being ****ed on students harrassing fans of all ages. I even saw some guys cussing out Toby Keith. It was really bad.

But I really am sorry you (and so many other Sooner fans) had such a bad experience in Manhattan. We were still thumping our chests from that Big 12 CG and fan behavior got completely out of hand. No to worry though, we've pretty much been in a steady freefall since then, so karma is a bitch. We're working really hard at missing a bowl for the 3rd staight year, and our oline seems to be doing their best Christopher Reeve impression. I guess the only thing I can say is that every school has its bad apple fans, but that game had some of the worst fan behavior I've ever seen, and for that I apologize.

mobilesteve
10/19/2006, 10:01 AM
I remember that game well. Once Peterson got rolling and Dylan Meier got knocked out of the game, it was all over. The thing I will always remember about that game was that 2 kids, one in a ksu jersey and one in an ou jersey were fighting on the grassy hill right in front of the student section. They were probobly about 9 or 10 or so. I remember the ksu kid pushed the ou kid down the hill and the student section went crazy.

Anyways, the reason I'm replying to this thread is that I distinctively remember OU fans being treated like crap in this game. It was pretty much the worst behavior from our side that I've ever seen. I remember seeing Sooner cars being ****ed on students harrassing fans of all ages. I even saw some guys cussing out Toby Keith. It was really bad.

But I really am sorry you (and so many other Sooner fans) had such a bad experience in Manhattan. We were still thumping our chests from that Big 12 CG and fan behavior got completely out of hand. No to worry though, we've pretty much been in a steady freefall since then, so karma is a bitch. We're working really hard at missing a bowl for the 3rd staight year, and our oline seems to be doing their best Christopher Reeve impression. I guess the only thing I can say is that every school has its bad apple fans, but that game had some of the worst fan behavior I've ever seen, and for that I apologize.

Best Apology Ever. I Accept

Jock Ewing
10/19/2006, 10:18 AM
CU fans have to be the worst.

If you ask unbiased fanbases who have dealt with Big 12 schools' fans at bowl games or in the nonconference, Nebraska, OU, A&M, and Texas fans all get pretty high marks.

I know USC, Michigan, and Ohio State fans were surprised at how well Texas fans treated them (of course we all have our village idiots and many of the worst of that loud minority is found on the internet).

Boomer.....
10/19/2006, 10:45 AM
Best Apology Ever. I Accept

x2. Well said.

poke4christ
10/19/2006, 03:37 PM
CU fans have to be the worst.

If you ask unbiased fanbases who have dealt with Big 12 schools' fans at bowl games or in the nonconference, Nebraska, OU, A&M, and Texas fans all get pretty high marks.

I know USC, Michigan, and Ohio State fans were surprised at how well Texas fans treated them (of course we all have our village idiots and many of the worst of that loud minority is found on the internet).

I think that CU is just the worst when it comes to dedication. Heck, they've been in the big 12 championship several times in the last few years (given they got killed alot) and their fans haven't been showing up. What's with that?

Zach

goingoneight
10/19/2006, 09:36 PM
The worst I have ever experienced was Stoolwater in 2002. Don't ask me how they got beer bottles in the game, cuz I dunno if they're even allowed to drink in the Stool, but they sure as hell threw them at me while screaming and cursing in front of their young children. Did I mention before my brand new Nissan got tagged "Go back to F***ing Norman!" ??? Yeah, tires and every window. If there is a good OSU fan out there, please give me a logical explanation for acting like Miami when you just won the ballgame... I'd love to hear it...

Statalyzer
10/19/2006, 10:46 PM
Texas Tech
Worst fans #1

Only because of the technicality that CU doesn't have any true fans.

crimson&cream
10/19/2006, 11:47 PM
KState has some solid fans though, couple o' years ago we tailgated with some in the 03 season I believe.
My son's & his friends experience there 3 yrs ago was 2 thumbs down.
My old HS Principal in Ks is a KSU Alum and when they beat us-OU- in the BIG 12 Championship game he sent me e-mail after e-mail rubbbing it in , but since then now that they haven't beat us since, I didn't send him a damn thing until last yr and he got pi$$ed badly pi$$ed.

Crimsontothecore
10/20/2006, 08:09 AM
Don't ask me how they got beer bottles in the game, cuz I dunno if they're even allowed to drink in the Stool...
Allowed to drink? Are you kidding? We are talking about a town that supported a head coach getting sloshed ON CAMPUS and then nearly killing an innocent woman because he was helped into his car by CAMPUS POLICE.
All that and they are proud to have his name plastered across their b-ball court.