PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Money

skycat
10/18/2006, 09:13 AM
Took a picture last night that I liked, so I'm posting it. :)

http://www.machafamily.org/Albums/MiscMacro/DSC_3321.jpg

NormanPride
10/18/2006, 09:17 AM
It's all blurry.

dolemitesooner
10/18/2006, 09:19 AM
Its a dollar bill...quick someone grab that ****

skycat
10/18/2006, 09:43 AM
It's all blurry.

The eye isn't. ;)

jwlynn64
10/18/2006, 10:12 AM
Good close up. What type of digital camera do you have?

skycat
10/18/2006, 10:34 AM
Good close up. What type of digital camera do you have?

It's a Nikon dSLR (D70s) with a dedicated macro lens.

Boomer.....
10/18/2006, 10:41 AM
It's a Nikon dSLR (D70s) with a dedicated macro lens.
Ooooooooh! Fancy boy. ;)

jwlynn64
10/18/2006, 10:41 AM
Nice. I took pictures for years with an old SLR that bought from Sears around 85. I had about three lenses that were really nice. They took great pictures and I could work most of the fetures on it without any problems.

About three years ago, my house was broke into and it was one of the many items stolen. My insurance company replaced it with a newer Pentax SLR (autofocus). So far I haven't used it very much party because I don't have the time to figure it out (kids will do that for ya) and partly because the few times I've used it the pictures just aren't a rich as the ones I took with my old camera (I know that I'll have to fine tune all the settings).

I've mainly used my Nikon Multipix Digital but you just can't get good resolution with the macro setting like you have in your photo. I understand that Pentax now has Digital SLR body. I'll have to pick that up since I already have several lenses that fit that type of mount.

I like the photo, so keep them coming.

skycat
10/18/2006, 11:13 AM
Nice. I took pictures for years with an old SLR that bought from Sears around 85. I had about three lenses that were really nice. They took great pictures and I could work most of the fetures on it without any problems.

About three years ago, my house was broke into and it was one of the many items stolen. My insurance company replaced it with a newer Pentax SLR (autofocus). So far I haven't used it very much party because I don't have the time to figure it out (kids will do that for ya) and partly because the few times I've used it the pictures just aren't a rich as the ones I took with my old camera (I know that I'll have to fine tune all the settings).

I've mainly used my Nikon Multipix Digital but you just can't get good resolution with the macro setting like you have in your photo. I understand that Pentax now has Digital SLR body. I'll have to pick that up since I already have several lenses that fit that type of mount.

I like the photo, so keep them coming.

Pentax has announced a sub $1000 camera, that on paper, is absolutely fantastic. I think it is supposed to be reaching stores in time for Christmas. I don't know that I'd recomend it to someone that wasn't already invested in the Pentax system, because with Sony and maybe Samsung entering the picture (and Canon and Nikon dominating it right now) the dSLR market is going to be brutal, and somebody is going to lose. And Pentax has not had a real strong presence up to now. Although that might be changing with this introduction.

But since you're already invested in the mount, look for the K10D.

jwlynn64
10/18/2006, 11:43 PM
I read that Pentax stayed out of the digital market on purpose until they had a good product to hawk. I'll keep an eye out for the model you mentioned.