PDA

View Full Version : Got a letter from my uncle yesterday

Okla-homey
10/18/2006, 09:00 AM
Uncle Sam that is.

He was just reminding me that I am subject to recall from retirement (in the case of a "national emergency" declared by the President) until I'm sixty and he wanted to confirm my whereabouts, just in case.

I wish to note, for the record, if he recalls my broke down old self...we is in some deep kimchi. Therefore, if I disappear, you should prolly go ahead and invest in gold and move out to a shack in the boonies (or Creek County);)

That is all.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/18/2006, 09:01 AM
And if things do get that bad, I would just like to ask that you all care enough about me to cram me in a Mason jar and bury me in Dean's backyard.

TIA.

bri
10/18/2006, 09:03 AM
And if things do get that bad, I would just like to ask that you all care enough about me to help me cram a Mason jar in Dean's backyard.

Kinky!

OUDoc
10/18/2006, 09:08 AM
And if things do get that bad, I would just like to ask that you all care enough about me to cram me in a Mason jar and bury me in Dean's backyard.

TIA.
I thought we were supposed have you stuffed and bring you to tailgates. :confused:

KABOOKIE
10/18/2006, 09:10 AM
You could always resign.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/18/2006, 09:13 AM
I didn't know they could do that after you retired.

So you could be home...sitting in your chair with your dog on your lap watching Matlock and they could call you and tell you to go out and do some killing?

I wish my Granny could be called. She's one mean 'ol lady...

IB4OU2
10/18/2006, 09:18 AM

TIA.

FYI, That's what the Koreans do with Kimchee........or whatever it's called.

SoonerJack
10/18/2006, 09:33 AM
At home watching Matlock. Priceless!

dolemitesooner
10/18/2006, 09:56 AM
FYI, That's what the Koreans do with Kimchee........or whatever it's called.
mY GRAMPA eats the hell out of that ****

Okla-homey
10/18/2006, 10:07 AM
I didn't know they could do that after you retired.

So you could be home...sitting in your chair with your dog on your lap watching Matlock and they could call you and tell you to go out and do some killing?

I wish my Granny could be called. She's one mean 'ol lady...

They can do it if you're retired military. They call it the "indefinite ready reserve" program. Believe me, if they did it to me, there would be some killin.' I pity the foo who becomes subject to my righteous indignation.

Mjcpr
10/18/2006, 10:08 AM

Is that what those old kids are calling it these days?

If so, that's nasty.

IB4OU2
10/18/2006, 10:51 AM
They can do it if you're retired military. They call it the "indefinite ready reserve" program. Believe me, if they did it to me, there would be some killin.' I pity the foo who becomes subject to my righteous indignation.

It'd be time to "Dust Off Old Betsy".........

jk the sooner fan
10/18/2006, 11:01 AM
i got one of those several months ago

like i always use to tell the commander when we were out at the M16 range......"Colonel, if we're shooting our M16's, then we're in big trouble"

Okla-homey
10/18/2006, 06:09 PM
i got one of those several months ago

like i always use to tell the commander when we were out at the M16 range......"Colonel, if we're shooting our M16's, then we're in big trouble"

Or our Eyetalian deesigned pistolas

OUDoc
10/18/2006, 08:45 PM
I mention having JB "stuffed" and no one bites on it. These are sad times, my friends.

olevetonahill
10/18/2006, 08:50 PM
I mention having JB "stuffed" and no one bites on it. These are sad times, my friends.
Sorry :O i was trying to stuff her:eek:

mdklatt
10/18/2006, 08:51 PM

You're Korean? I thought you were black. :confused:

Harry Beanbag
10/18/2006, 08:51 PM

Sorry, my imagination was running too wildly to post. :)

olevetonahill
10/18/2006, 08:53 PM
Col Sir , when i came back from sunny S/E Asia they said i was subject to recall for 2 yrs :eek:
I told em they don't want a 1 armed man :D
Cause i was gonna wrap one around a light pole and they would have to tear it off of me for i turned lose :eek:

C&CDean
10/18/2006, 08:56 PM
I was on "inactive reserve" for 6 years after ETS. That commitment was over 24 years ago. However, if my uncle really needed me, I'd be the first to go. But they'd have to take out those BDUs a wee bit...

olevetonahill
10/18/2006, 09:04 PM
I was on "inactive reserve" for 6 years after ETS. That commitment was over 24 years ago. However, if my uncle really needed me, I'd be the first to go. But they'd have to take out those BDUs a wee bit...
I agree
I would go back in a heart beat if they would have me and a Kid could come home
I was talking about 36 yrs ago ;)

jk the sooner fan
10/18/2006, 09:11 PM
Or our Eyetalian deesigned pistolas

mine was swedish......sig sauer