PDA

View Full Version : Allen Patrick...

goingoneight
10/17/2006, 08:14 PM
Not that I'm hating on him, but the guy hasn't really shown anything but one touchdown that I can remember against aggy, and well aggy defense says it all, he walked right in... I don't know if he'll carry the running load to mess with other teams' front seven, but I do believe that guy hits and tackles like a linebacker. I remember seeing him on defense last year and tackling on special teams, and let me tell ya, we need tacklers like that... Here's hoping for the absolute best we can get out of him, offense or defense... Anyone else think he's maybe out of place at RB???

goingoneight
10/17/2006, 08:15 PM
Oh, and he's pretty good at recovering the football, too... :D [see Oregon debacle]

picasso
10/17/2006, 08:17 PM
that run he had on Aggy required a nice cut as I recall.

snp
10/17/2006, 08:22 PM
He didn't play defense last year.

And once again, we'll defer to an internet poster when it comes to evaluating talent rather than our coaching staff.

Scotty
10/17/2006, 08:25 PM
Who was it against last year when he had the nice TD but showboated too early and almost payed for it?

That made me angry.

Blues1
10/17/2006, 08:35 PM
This is the Time to Suck it up and play lights out....We Need some back to show his stuff....Hopefully it's Patrick....Lets face it IF he ever wanted the Chance He's got Now....!!!! -- I say he comes through .....!!!!

Time to Get Rockin' has arrived......(For everybody on the 2006 Sooners)

The NEW 2006 Season Starts This Saturday....

picasso
10/17/2006, 08:41 PM
where's my locker!?!?!?!

Widescreen
10/17/2006, 10:12 PM
AP will be fine. He just needs to work on his conditioning. And don't forget about Mexi-Q.

rainiersooner
10/18/2006, 01:11 AM
Move him to corner I say. It's gotta work one of these days, right?

bweezie
10/18/2006, 04:37 AM
Bring in the Gute

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/18/2006, 10:10 AM
I don't see Patrick being a 25 carry back. He's plenty physical as shown but some of his hits on special teams but he isn't terribly big. My suspicion is that if things go according to plan Patrick would get 16-18 carries a game plus maybe a pass or two, Gute would probably get 8-10 and Madu might get a shot some in short yardage or 2-3 carries in the first half.

Just guessing Patrick's oR Gute's playing time also would largely be determined by who the coaches think is better in pass protection as well. Bear in mind that both have and may very well continue to play in special teams so I think it makes it more likley that Madu will see some action.

jwlynn64
10/18/2006, 11:05 AM
AP seems to be quicker and more shifty than AD IMO. I think that he will work a little better in the option run offense than AD was.

I think that the offense we run with him will allow PT to get more carries.

Hopefully the team comes together and actually gets better running the ball. Sometimes a big loss actually helps a team (wishfull thinking).

Pricetag
10/18/2006, 12:33 PM
Hopefully the team comes together and actually gets better running the ball. Sometimes a big loss actually helps a team (wishfull thinking).
I don't think we'll get better, but I don't subscribe to all the doom and gloom considering our offense I'm hearing from the media.

Did losing Peterson somehow allow opposing defenses to gain a player or two in one facet of the game without losing said players in the other?

I understand that passing will be more difficult now that they won't be stacking the line. But play action existed before AD, and while it won't work as often now, it's not like they're going to stay put every time it looks like we're handing off.

Sure, we don't have another Adrian Peterson to fill the void in the running game, but we don't have to. You have to be Adrian Peterson to run at a nine man front. You do not have to be Adrian Peterson to run at a seven man front.

SoonerSinger3
10/18/2006, 12:53 PM
He hasn't shown much on the field, but he has barely gotten any playing time. He had a nice TD against A&M and the Pokes last year both in Norman. How can a player impress if he has only got about 20 carries this season? Besides he got those carries late in the game when it was already decided. It's kinda hard to go full boar when you as a player already know the game is over. Patrick won't get the yards Adrian would have gotten, but he will be a decent if not good running back IMO.