PDA

View Full Version : Refereeing knowledge possesors

royalfan5
10/17/2006, 10:25 AM
I'm thinking about getting my football and basketball certification to officiate high school games in Nebraska or what ever state I end up living in. Has anyone here done high school officiating before, and is worth the effort? Do you find it rewarding?

Mjcpr
10/17/2006, 10:32 AM
I don't know about Nebraska, but it's real lucrative in Oregon.

:mad:

Frozen Sooner
10/17/2006, 10:34 AM
I looked in to it in Alaska and decided it wasn't worth the time commitment for the abuse you take.

If you're really interested, head over to www.theoneboard.com and send a PM to either LeftSeater or BlindRef. LeftSeater is an NCAA ref and BlindRef is a high-school ref.

mdklatt
10/17/2006, 10:37 AM
I was a youth soccer referee when I was in high school. It was a lot of fun, although dealing with parents was the worst aspect. Stay away from girls' games--they play the dirtiest by far.

royalfan5
10/17/2006, 10:44 AM
I was a youth soccer referee when I was in high school. It was a lot of fun, although dealing with parents was the worst aspect. Stay away from girls' games--they play the dirtiest by far.
I used to do small school Junior High Girls basketball games in High School. I am firmly convinced that is the closest thing to hell on earth.

colleyvillesooner
10/17/2006, 10:45 AM

I dated a select soccer player in high school. i can vouch for this.