PDA

View Full Version : To those of you concerned about GDC...

David Earl
10/17/2006, 07:53 AM
Some of you have privately asked about GDC and if he's coming back on the board. I'm pinning this note up so you'll all know what happened and you won't have to ask. I've sent this same information to some of you who asked. GDC keeps begging people to contact us on his behalf. Of course he's not telling them near all the story. So, to those of you asking for GDC to be let back on the board...

What you're asking us to do for GDC has been done several times. Various mods have banned him on numerous occasions. He's been let back on after being permabanned many times. We've given him so many "second" chances and he always promises to "never do it again". We let him back on and in no time we're flooded with peems, complaints, reported posts, etc about him doing the same old thing.

We've got nothing against him personally. We just don't have time to keep chasing down fires he starts. We've all banned him at times and unbanned him. I just happen to be the last on a long list. We've tried so hard to be patient, lenient, warn him, all to no avail. Sorry, but we just can't give any more rope.

On this last round he was warned to hush and he refused so he got banned a couple weeks. He continued his campaign flooding us with reported posts, complaining about the mods, etc. So he was permabanned.

Now he's flooding me with e-mails, etc, promising the same old "I'll never do it again". In one e-mail he's caustic and cussing. In the next e-mail he's pledging that he's really a nice guy. He begs us and complains to others that he's not on the board. Meanwhile, he's got at least two active trolls. Yes, that's right. He's currently on the board! And he keeps sending notes wanting on, getting others to send notes.

With each passing day he makes it more obvious that he is not the least bit interested in following the rules he's repeatedly promised to honor. With every new ploy he uses I become more convinced that his permaban was long overdue.