PDA

View Full Version : The Bears are who we thought they were...

OklahomaTuba
10/17/2006, 12:05 AM
That is all.

Octavian
10/17/2006, 12:05 AM
and we let 'em off the hook...

LosAngelesSooner
10/17/2006, 12:06 AM
So we can go ahead and crown 'em if we want.

Paris of Troy
10/17/2006, 12:19 AM
Here's the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1h71vEQtCM

The Nutty Professor -- ROFLMAO

badger
10/17/2006, 12:31 AM
badger's transcript of conference:
da bears are who we thought they were. whawha what they thought they were. We played 'em in preseason, who da hell takes the third game in the preseason like it's bull**** BULL****! We played them in the third game, everybody played three quarters, DA BEARS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!! THAT'S DA WAY WE TOOK DA DAMN FIELD! Now f...(hits NFL microphone) if you wanna crown 'em, then crown their ***! BUT THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!! AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!!!!

Texas Law Student
10/17/2006, 12:40 AM
Leinart still winless. Happened to Aikman his first year with the Cowboys. Happening with Young with the Titans. Next year should be *really* interesting.

TheLadiesMike
10/17/2006, 12:42 AM
Hahaha, classic!

usmc-sooner
10/17/2006, 05:37 AM
Dennis Green reminds me of a a grown up Arnold Jackson.

mrowl
10/17/2006, 05:43 AM
Leinart still winless. Happened to Aikman his first year with the Cowboys. Happening with Young with the Titans. Next year should be *really* interesting.

um. (the titans won)

RacerX
10/17/2006, 06:12 AM
Dennis Green has obviously read Les Miles' book on public speaking.

UTsucks
10/17/2006, 06:34 AM
I love it :)

GO BEARS!

wishbonesooner
10/17/2006, 07:46 AM
Was that stadium awesome or what?

OklaPony
10/17/2006, 07:50 AM
Ummmm.... wow. I think he was somewhat upset.

bixby28
10/17/2006, 08:23 AM
My brother had $100 on the Bears to cover...

KABOOKIE
10/17/2006, 08:30 AM
BEST GAME EVER!

sanantoniosooner
10/17/2006, 08:32 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a team rally like that, and the offense didn't do jack.

Blues1
10/17/2006, 08:35 AM
Sure would Like to See The Sooners in That Stadium - Bears sure have Some Sooner Magic....Maybe some would RUB Off on us IF we ever get to Phoenix...??

Move west young man - Move West.....
Keep Rockin'

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/17/2006, 08:45 AM
I was watching ESPN News and I had to DVR Green's meltdown.

Didn't care who won but I had the Bears defense on my fantasy football team so that worked out nice.

RacerX
10/17/2006, 08:58 AM
Cards - 13 points off of 6 turnovers
Bears - 14 points off of 2 turnovers

Ball game.

OklahomaTuba
10/17/2006, 09:02 AM
I was kind of hoping he would slap himself, Michigan State style.

yermom
10/17/2006, 09:10 AM
Cards - 13 points off of 6 turnovers
Bears - 14 points off of 2 turnovers

Ball game.

that's what i was thinking...

Sooner_Bob
10/17/2006, 09:13 AM
Who do we think the Bears are exactly?

I mean besides being 6-0?

soonerlaw
10/17/2006, 09:13 AM
After the game, Lienart said "It doesn't matter who won, we are still the better team." :)

caphorns
10/17/2006, 09:29 AM
Here's a solution for Arizona - fire Green and pay his salary to Leinart. He's obviously the better coach at this point.

TUSooner
10/17/2006, 09:35 AM
Who do we think the Bears are exactly?

I mean besides being 6-0?
Really. I can deal with a guy getting PO'd after a give-away loss, but Denny should have at least been coherent.
Couod he have meant, "Grossman sucked like we knew he would?"
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ash
10/17/2006, 10:21 AM
Really. I can deal with a guy getting PO'd after a give-away loss, but Denny should have at least been coherent.
Couod he have meant, "Grossman sucked like we knew he would?"
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I hope so, because while the D blew it in the first quarter, they made the plays to win the game in the second half. The comparison with 85 is the hype, the Bears D is the real deal however. They not only stiffened later in the game, they scored points for the offense.

Texas Law Student
10/17/2006, 10:43 AM
After the game, Lienart said "It doesn't matter who won, we are still the better team." :)

ROFL!

The Maestro
10/17/2006, 10:48 AM
Someone should figure out a way to merge the two videos of Dennis Green last night and Jim Mora's, "Playoffs?" rant from a few years ago.

aurorasooner
10/17/2006, 11:02 AM
After the game, Lienart said "It doesn't matter who won, we are still the better team." I got tired of the espn crew blowing leinart last night. urlacher was a monster out there. he reminded me of butkus. http://www.brianurlacher.com/images/photos/news/AP06-002-sm.jpg

TUSooner
10/17/2006, 12:15 PM

Matt, my boy, that's why they keep score - to see who's better. <shakes head>

TUSooner
10/17/2006, 12:21 PM
I got tired of the espn crew blowing leinart last night. urlacher was a monster out there. he reminded me of butkus. http://www.brianurlacher.com/images/photos/news/AP06-002-sm.jpg

Leinart played well, but not really great. "Great" would have been for him to score some 7s instead of 3s after Grossman tried to give the game away.
Broadcasting especially MNF, IS hype. Theisman gets old in a hurry without Maguire to jab him once in awhile, and as soon as Barkley's lips started to move, I hit the mute button.

Best line of the night was after the game when one of the sideline binks asked Urlacher how he turned it up a notch: "They weren't blocking me."

aurorasooner
10/17/2006, 12:31 PM
as soon as Barkley's lips started to move, I hit the mute button.http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3521/avatarbiglaughinandrollinguykb0.gif me too

LosAngelesSooner
10/17/2006, 12:58 PM
After that Hester run back for a touchdown, you could see Dusty D and JD Runnels slapping each other high fives and running around on the sideline...

That was an AWESOME comeback!

MamaMia
10/17/2006, 01:31 PM
I'm afraid to ask, but I have to know. What exactly were the Bears, that they knew about? :eek:

Paris of Troy
10/17/2006, 01:37 PM
Leinart played well, but not really great. "Great" would have been for him to score some 7s instead of 3s after Grossman tried to give the game away.
Broadcasting especially MNF, IS hype. Theisman gets old in a hurry without Maguire to jab him once in awhile, and as soon as Barkley's lips started to move, I hit the mute button.

Best line of the night was after the game when one of the sideline binks asked Urlacher how he turned it up a notch: "They weren't blocking me."

The coaches never really gave him a chance. They kept him on a short leash, prefering to run James for 1 ypc.

GreaterState
10/17/2006, 02:16 PM
The Baylor Bears are who we thought they were?

tbl
10/17/2006, 02:46 PM
I can't believe they won that. I didn't watch b/c it looked like the Cards had it in hand. How funny...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2006, 02:50 PM
Denny Green as the head coach, Les Miles as the Off Cord., Jim Mora as the Def. Cord., with color commentary by Lamar Thomas, spec appearances by Kellen Winslow jr., Allen Iverson and DB coach Herm Edwards

Dennis: "The Bears are who we thought they were! We played them in the 3rd game of the Preseason!.."

Mora: "The Playoffs?"

Dennis: " NO the preseason!"

Mora: " The Playoffs?What Playoffs?"

Dennis: " No muther******, The Pre Season!"

Allen Iverson: "We're talking about practice. We're not even talking about the game, the actual game, when it matters. We're talking about practice".

Herm Edwards: "When you start telling me it doesn’t matter, then retire, get out, because it matters. This whole conversation bothers me big time.”

Dennis: "Bull****! Bull****!who da hell takes the third game in the preseason like it's bull**** BULL****! ~Green Powerbombs Iverson~

Lamar:" Now, that's what I'm talking about'' ~Getting down in Iverson's face~
Lamar:" You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat."

Herm: “This is the greatest thing about sports — you play to win the game. Hello? You don’t play to just play it."

Les: "This is not what we planned today."

Dennis:"Everybody played three quarters!"

Les: "I'll take this team around.....and we'll play any sucka in the country."

Dennis: " bull**** BULL****! We played them in the third game!"

Les:"One is a darn good team and one is the #1 team in the country!"

Dennis:"Da bears are who we thought they were!"

Les: "we'll find out which is which."

Dennis:" if you wanna crown 'em, then crown their ***!"

Les: "Let Er Rip!"

Dennis: "THAT'S WHY WE TOOK DA DAMN FIELD! AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!!!!" ~Dennis pours powder on his hand and pimp slaps Les~

Kellen: "I'm out there to kill them!"

Dennis: "AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!!!!

Lamar:"Now, that's what I'm talking about,"

Kellen: "We don't care about anybody but this U."

Winslow: "It's war, they're out there to kill you."

Winslow: "this U."

caphorns
10/17/2006, 05:19 PM
Assistant Head Coach Buddy Ryan: "The worst bunch of football players I've ever seen."

TO: "I don't have to play football."

Bobby Knight: "Everyone wants to be on a winning team,but no one wants to come to practice”

AI: rolls eyes

TO: "I don't have to play for the Eagles."

Knight slaps TO.

Coach Ryan punches Knight square in the jaw.

Coach Ryan: "Mr. Halas hired me to coach the defense. That's what I did."

birddog
10/17/2006, 05:27 PM
herm edwards has to be thrown in there somewhere.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2006, 05:53 PM
herm edwards has to be thrown in there somewhere.

Done...please read again

Hornsarelosers
10/17/2006, 06:17 PM
Another thing. How come did Green not elect to go for it on a makable 4th and 1. Even with the FG being good, the Cardinals would have given Grossman a lot of time to march down the field and win the game with 53 seconds left.

royalfan5
10/17/2006, 06:43 PM
another quality Denny Green moment
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/sports/2002/01/04/dennis_green.high.asx

Apparently Phoenix is the high road in the grand scope of things.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/18/2006, 10:26 AM
I cant believe I forgot to throw some John L Smith in there

Partial Qualifier
10/18/2006, 10:43 AM
I cant believe I forgot to throw some John L Smith in there

Just end it with a self-slapping to the face ;-)

Partial Qualifier
10/18/2006, 10:44 AM
GUYS CAN WE GET RID OF THE STUPID UPSIDE-DOWN LONGHORN CRAP!!!!

Please?

picasso
10/18/2006, 12:04 PM
great teams find a way to win. even if they aren't playing well in that particular game.

Ash
10/18/2006, 12:09 PM
great teams find a way to win. even if they aren't playing well in that particular game.

I agree. The hype that this team attracts is overblown (the pre-game bit was ridiculous). And there's no doubt that in the first quarter the Bears looked like crap on both sides of the ball. But they MADE PLAYS to win the game on D and special teams.

How many teams in NFL history have come back from a 20 pt deficit without scoring an offensive touchdown?

Harry Beanbag
10/18/2006, 04:14 PM

Then you missed the best line of the night when Barkley was asked how he would handle being on the same team as Terrell Owens: "I would have hit him in the head or something."

Harry Beanbag
10/18/2006, 04:15 PM
Dennis Green has obviously read Les Miles' book on public speaking.

He needs to work on his moonwalk away from the podium though, Les is great at that. :les:

TUSooner
10/18/2006, 05:20 PM
Then you missed the best line of the night when Barkley was asked how he would handle being on the same team as Terrell Owens: "I would have hit him in the head or something."
Actually, I did hear that. :D
I didn't really hit the mute button, but I did turn the down a bit later. I was tired of the inane chatter and figured all 4 of the guys in the booth had said all I wanted to hear that wasn't about the actual game. :twinkies:

Harry Beanbag
10/18/2006, 06:56 PM
Actually, I did hear that. :D
I didn't really hit the mute button, but I did turn the down a bit later. I was tired of the inane chatter and figured all 4 of the guys in the booth had said all I wanted to hear that wasn't about the actual game. :twinkies:

That seems to be a continuing feature on MNF this season. Pick some celebrity out of their luxury suite, have four dudes talking over each other in the booth about nothing in particular, and ignore about 5 minutes of the game. ESPN rawks! :rolleyes: