PDA

View Full Version : Texas Aggies and AD's injury

1991SOONER
10/16/2006, 07:38 PM
I love it that the Texas Aggies are gloating after this weekend. Chests sticking out and all.

They beat a ranked team and they honestly believe that the OU game is absolutely certain to be a 'W' for them since AD is out.

I'm thinkin', we beat em last year without AD, I don't see why we can't do it again??

These fans are truly delusional. They think when they play OU they'll somehow make it to the top 10. The stereotypes are true, these people are idiots.

MRNOTDUCKS
10/16/2006, 08:47 PM
No Aggie who has watched our team this year thinks that any of the games on the schedule are gimmes. That's ridiculous. OU still has a good team without AD. The OU game will be a tough game -- it always is.

Yes, I'm proud that we beat a ranked team and are now ranked, but looking past OU is something the team will never do. This team is the same one that struggled to beat Army. They know better than that, and Aggies who know football know better than that, too.

Scotty
10/16/2006, 08:47 PM
AD played last year.

colleyvillesooner
10/16/2006, 08:54 PM
AD played last year.

135 yards and 2 TD's

1991SOONER
10/16/2006, 09:21 PM
Dang I could've swore he didn't play that game. I must be thinking of the Baylor game. Not sure why I get A&M and Baylor mixed up (he he..).

Oh well, I still think OU will hand it to A&M @ Kyle. Just need to make sure our players wear ear plugs:)

TrophyCollector
10/16/2006, 09:26 PM
Oh well, I still think OU will hand it to A&M @ Kyle.

If we do, it will be the first time. I'm not sure why you think that, it's the toughest place we have to go.

sooneron
10/16/2006, 09:28 PM
I think it's our toughest remaining game. misery may prove me wrong.

1991SOONER
10/16/2006, 09:32 PM
If we do, it will be the first time. I'm not sure why you think that, it's the toughest place we have to go.

Tech beat em there. And tech just got beat by a winless Colorado. Need I say more???

Besides that, what does anything that happened in the previous years have anything to do with this year? Plenty of teams that are not nearly as good as OU go into Kyle field and beat A&M.

TrophyCollector
10/16/2006, 09:42 PM
Besides that, what does anything that happened in the previous years have anything to do with this year?

Plenty, that's why they teach history in school.

NYaggie
10/16/2006, 09:42 PM
Tech beat em there. And tech just got beat by a winless Colorado. Need I say more???

So what? We beat #1 OU and lost to unranked Mizzou in the following week in 2002. S*** happens.

badger
10/16/2006, 09:43 PM
So what? We beat #1 OU and lost to unranked Mizzou in the following week in 2002. S*** happens.
yes, and so does 77-0... if you're an aggie :D

1991SOONER
10/16/2006, 09:54 PM
Plenty, that's why they teach history in school.

OMG, give me a break. What does teaching history in school have to do with college football? Nothing.

1991SOONER
10/16/2006, 09:57 PM

yeah, when some aggie reminds me of that game I always remind them
of 77-0. Shuts em up every time.:D

TrophyCollector
10/16/2006, 10:00 PM
OMG, give me a break. What does teaching history in school have to do with college football? Nothing.

The freaking point is that in 2000, 2002 and 2004 we walked in there with a couple of great football teams and 1 very, very good football team against a "weaker" AM team. We lost 1 and escaped by the skin of our freaking teeth the other two.

You could also go back to 96 and 98 when Boo went in there and got his *** beat.

That is a TOUGH place to play and they will be ready for OU. To say we are going to walk in there and "hand it to them" is ignoring history and in fact, kind of dumb. Can the Sooners win? Of course, but we'll be fortunate to get out of there with a W of any kind.

badger
10/16/2006, 10:08 PM
the best parts of that game were in the fourth quarter: the knee PT took to start the quarter, and the announcer circling the scoreboard and crossing out the aggie celebrating a tackle.

1991SOONER
10/16/2006, 10:08 PM
The freaking point is that in 2000, 2002 and 2004 we walked in there with a couple of great football teams and 1 very, very good football team against a "weaker" AM team. We lost 1 and escaped by the skin of our freaking teeth the other two.

You could also go back to 96 and 98 when Boo went in there and got his *** beat.

That is a TOUGH place to play and they will be ready for OU. To say we are going to walk in there and "hand it to them" is ignoring history and in fact, kind of dumb. Can the Sooners win? Of course, but we'll be fortunate to get out of there with a W of any kind.

So now you are calling your fellow Sooner fan "dumb"? What kindof fan are you? Pretty soon you are going to be arguing that aggies will win. You sure you aren't a closet aggie fan??

When I mean "hand it to them" I mean I think we are going to win. We are not likely going to win 77-0, but I have watched a few of the aggie games and quite frankly, they are not that good. There is nothing mystical and magical about Kyle field. Tech beat them there JUST A FEW WEEKS AGO. I know because I WATCHED THE GAME. Aggies defense b l o w s...

And that is all...

NYaggie
10/16/2006, 10:34 PM

The point I was making was that the transitive property of comparing game A to outcome B and hence game C will have outcome D is the dumbest way to analyze a game.

Tech beat A&M
Mizzou beat Tech
A&M beat Mizzou

So that means OU beats A&M? Wonderful.

sooneron
10/16/2006, 10:37 PM
So now you are calling your fellow Sooner fan "dumb"? What kindof fan are you? .
He was saying that what you said was dumb. If that's what you infer, then, that's your problem. If we win by more than 2 tds, I will be shocked.

1991SOONER
10/16/2006, 10:49 PM
The point I was making was that the transitive property of comparing game A to outcome B and hence game C will have outcome D is the dumbest way to analyze a game.

Tech beat A&M
Mizzou beat Tech
A&M beat Mizzou

NYAggie, you are putting words into my mouth and everything you wrote I did not say. Go back and read my posts.

I don't recall using football math/logic in any of my arguments. I do recall saying that just because we are playing in Kyle field SHOULD'NT have much of an effect on the outcome of them game. And it SHOULDN'T.

If you think about it, there is no logical reason why it should be any tougher of a game for us than any other team that goes into kyle field. Think about it. There are PLENTY of teams that go there and win. You don't hear them whining about how hard it is to go into Kyle field and win. They simply do it and get it done.

If you go in there with the mindset that "Oh no, this is going to be a hard game because its in Kyle field".. Then yes, it will likely be a hard, close game. And trust me, I saw the 2000, 2002, and 2004 games. I know they were close. But other teams like Iowa State (or was it Iowa) goes into Kyle field and blows the doors off of A&M because they simply don't care about how hard it is to go into Kyle field and win. I don't like bringing up the past like that because I think it is plain stupid. But do you see my point????

MRNOTDUCKS
10/16/2006, 10:58 PM
Tech beat us on a miracle catch on one of the last plays of the game. Our defense that "blows" held Missouri without a TD for almost 3 quarters and shutdown Tech for almost the entire second half (miracle catch excluded). It would be hard to say that our defense has not improved from last year. Even last year in Norman, the Ags fought back and made a game of it.

If you think OU will run wild on A&M at Kyle Field, you are ignoring history. This will be a tough and hard-fought game, most likely decided in the last few minutes.

achiro
10/16/2006, 11:04 PM
I'm just hoping OUr d-line and lb's can stop that monster 800 pound aggie RB.

TrophyCollector
10/17/2006, 01:01 AM
So now you are calling your fellow Sooner fan "dumb"? What kindof fan are you? Pretty soon you are going to be arguing that aggies will win. You sure you aren't a closet aggie fan??

I didn't call you dumb, I said ignoring the fact that we usually have to fight our asses off down there because it is a tough place to play - ignoring very recent OU history - dumb.

Yes, they got beat by Tech, so what. In 2002 that had home losses against Va. Tech, Texas Tech and Nebraska and a road loss to sheephumper st before sending us back to Norman with an L. Where they a better team? No - they lost their next 2 games and didn't go to a bowl. That crowd had a ton to do with why they won that game and it's the same crowd we'll be facing down there again.

Also don't forget that their 7-5 2004 team had just come off of a L at Waco the week before they just about derailed our undefeated regular season.

And I guess I'm a pretty good fan since I have only missed a couple of home games over the last 10 years and I was at Kyle Field in 2000 and 2004 and will be there again this year. And I guess I'm kind of an objective fan since I realize how much their crowd can impact a game and how pumped up they will be to have a shot at OU on their turf again.

Like I said, if we can find any way to escape that place with a W 3-2 or 45-44, I'll be happy.

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2006, 01:06 AM
Yeah, and when they are winning we beat 'em, so let's all stick to this season and just play the game. The fact that even their fans have no better way to hope for the W than to celebrate AD being out shows just how lame they are.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/17/2006, 08:55 AM
Considering that game is the only way Fran saves his job (unless they miraculously beat that pukey orange team), I'm not so confident.

On second thought, maybe we should throw the game.

caphorns
10/17/2006, 09:48 AM
PLEASE throw the game . . . for all of us.

Japorkie Lane is the real deal at RB. Stephen McGee is a tough-minded QB who can't throw with any consistency. M. Bennett is a good TE. IMO OU shuts down the run and this game will be a very one-sided deal in favor of the Sooners. ATM is too one dimensional offensively (usually spells trouble against OU and Bob Stoops) and their defense is very inconsistent.

By the way, I said it last week before the aggy game, and it held true. Missouri was very overrated going into that game and will lose the majority of its remaining games. OU is very underrated right now - even without AD.

boomer214
10/17/2006, 10:09 AM
so Mizzou goes to College Station and loses by a possession in a game where they were stripped of the ball at the goal for a touchback and now they're overrated?

caphorns
10/17/2006, 11:12 AM
so Mizzou goes to College Station and loses by a possession in a game where they were stripped of the ball at the goal for a touchback and now they're overrated?

What aspect of CS intimidates you at this point? You have to be kidding me if you believe the Aggie hype. Tech beat Aggie in CS. Based on their follow up performances, particularly at CU, I can assume Tech is really bad this year. I had concluded that Mizzou was overrated BEFORE they went to ATM based on their incredibly weak schedule. They beat Colorado but Colorado racked up about 231 yards RUSHING on them. ATM followed with 211 RUSHING. If you can run somewhat, then you can crush Missouri. It's really that simple. What Missouri showed at CS simply validated my rating of them. A good team would beat the ever livin stomp out of ATM no matter where the game is played. ATM is 6-1 purely based on an incredibly weak schedule. The Sooners should crush them.

n8v_ndn
10/17/2006, 11:58 AM
What aspect of CS intimidates you at this point? You have to be kidding me if you believe the Aggie hype. Tech beat Aggie in CS. Based on their follow up performances, particularly at CU, I can assume Tech is really bad this year. I had concluded that Mizzou was overrated BEFORE they went to ATM based on their incredibly weak schedule. They beat Colorado but Colorado racked up about 231 yards RUSHING on them. ATM followed with 211 RUSHING. If you can run somewhat, then you can crush Missouri. It's really that simple. What Missouri showed at CS simply validated my rating of them. A good team would beat the ever livin stomp out of ATM no matter where the game is played. ATM is 6-1 purely based on an incredibly weak schedule. The Sooners should crush them.

This is what concerns me...since the Korean War, OU's history in College Station:

1994-95 (Gibbs): L 14-36
1996-97 (Blake): L 16-33
1998-99 (Blake): L 0-29
2000-01 (Stoops): W 35-31
2002-03 (Stoops): L 26-30
2004-05 (Stoops): W 42-35

2-4 in College Station
Points Scored: 133
Points Given Up: 194
Average Score: 22-32 (-10)

We haven't had more than 2 consecutive W's there. Something about that place makes it tough for us.

Texas Tech isn't bad, they're inconsistent. Regarding Mizzou, any team can build up their confidence against a weak schedule, and I didn't see them get blown out in CS. The strength of CU's offense is the rushing attack, so it's no surprise they racked up that yardage. You also underestimate the fact that OU's game against Mizzou is in Columbia--home field can make a big difference in college football (OU's 6-1 vs. A&M in Norman).

Intangibles man, intangibles.

MRNOTDUCKS
10/17/2006, 01:15 PM
Cap, even if you weren't a horn, you'd still be an idiot. LOL

Lane and McGee ran all over the horns' national championship defense last year. What makes you so sure the OU D will be able to shut the run down?
Like I said, I think it will be a tight game.

I'm sure it rankles texas fans that A&M is improving. Fran's strategy of playing keep away has been working. The other team has only limited opportunities to score because we keep the ball so long. The strategy was particularly critical when our defense couldn't get off the field. Now they are making the stops when it matters the most -- exception the Tech game. (But I bet you'd like to have your game back against tOSU, too.)

If you are expecting a horn highlight reel when we play you in Austin, unfortunately, you are going to be surprised. That game will be a close one as well. A&M has figured out how to stay in games until the very end, and maybe this time we get the miracle play to saw the horns off.

Statalyzer
10/17/2006, 01:32 PM
Texas Aggies and AD's injury

There is no such thing as a Texas Aggie.

caphorns
10/17/2006, 01:36 PM
But I bet you'd like to have your game back against tOSU, too

I must admit to being a cripple in the moral victories battle. Never would I dare take this subject up with an ag. You guys are the experts in losing the right way.

I also take everything back. Missouri was NEVER overrated. How could they be? After their convincing wins over Murray State, Mississippi, New Mexico, Ohio, Colorado and Texas Tech, how could anyone question their high quality? Hell, you guys have had big wins against Army, the Citadel and Mangino's boys. It's all guuud. I'm having a Mark May type epiphany here. Just ignore the competition and look how the aggies are winning by taking over in the 4th quarter. It's kind of like USC. Obviously, they are the best team in the country hands down. tOSU is winning and beating quality competition soundly, but they haven't shown their 4th quarter toughness like USC. ATM is likewise clearly at the top of the Big 12 and possibly their best team. When ATM takes Baylor in OT, it will be the ultimate proof of their greatness. Fran has got this deal figured out.

1991SOONER
10/17/2006, 06:49 PM
There is no such thing as a Texas Aggie.

There's not?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Aggie

I was distinguishing between A&M's sheep humping counterpart here in OK (OSU).

We sometimes also call them Aggies since they used to be called Oklahoma A&M (hence aggies).

You should really get out more often..

1991SOONER
10/17/2006, 06:52 PM

exactly

(or........con-to-the-lusive)

1991SOONER
10/17/2006, 06:56 PM
Cap, even if you weren't a horn, you'd still be an idiot. LOL

Lane and McGee ran all over the horns' national championship defense last year. What makes you so sure the OU D will be able to shut the run down?
Like I said, I think it will be a tight game.

I'm sure it rankles texas fans that A&M is improving. Fran's strategy of playing keep away has been working. The other team has only limited opportunities to score because we keep the ball so long. The strategy was particularly critical when our defense couldn't get off the field. Now they are making the stops when it matters the most -- exception the Tech game. (But I bet you'd like to have your game back against tOSU, too.)

If you are expecting a horn highlight reel when we play you in Austin, unfortunately, you are going to be surprised. That game will be a close one as well. A&M has figured out how to stay in games until the very end, and maybe this time we get the miracle play to saw the horns off.

Dontcha love how these Aggies and Horns go at it:pop:

Makes our rivalry with OSU look tame...

Scotty
10/17/2006, 07:13 PM
exactly

(or........con-to-the-lusive)

conlusive?:D ;)

TedUjam
10/17/2006, 07:52 PM
There's not?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Aggie

I was distinguishing between A&M's sheep humping counterpart here in OK (OSU).

We sometimes also call them Aggies since they used to be called Oklahoma A&M (hence aggies).

You should really get out more often..

I think he meant they should be referred to as "The Texas A&M Aggies". By aggy logic, other teams in Texas should be called:

Texas Red Raiders
Texas Horned Frogs
Texas Bobcats

Statalyzer
10/17/2006, 10:56 PM
Exactly. Calling themselves Texas Aggies is an attempt to associate themselves with Texas and not with being the A&M school.

Are the Oklahoma Cowboys on your schedule this year? Did Texas lose to the Ohio Buckeyes in September or beat the California Trojans in the Rose Bowl?

1991SOONER
10/17/2006, 11:30 PM
Exactly. Calling themselves Texas Aggies is an attempt to associate themselves with Texas and not with being the A&M school.

Are the Oklahoma Cowboys on your schedule this year? Did Texas lose to the Ohio Buckeyes in September or beat the California Trojans in the Rose Bowl?

All I know is that its 11:30 freakin pm and texas longhorns are STILL gay.

And anyone who spends an excessive amount of time on a rivals board is DEFINITELY gay and SHOULD get a life!!

1991SOONER
10/17/2006, 11:32 PM

Yeah, tOSU definitely beat you guys. I watched the game. They definitely beat you just like any other top 5 team would probably beat Texas.

You can now go back to hornfags.com

NYaggie
10/17/2006, 11:36 PM
ATM is 6-1 purely based on an incredibly weak schedule.

I guess you all must have gotten to 6-1 playing the NFC East then. :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
10/17/2006, 11:45 PM
And anyone who spends an excessive amount of time on a rivals board is DEFINITELY gay and SHOULD get a life!!

HERE! HERE!

rainiersooner
10/18/2006, 01:06 AM

Tech beat A&M
Mizzou beat Tech
A&M beat Mizzou

Oooooooow - NY Aggie must be a math major! Too bad he doesn't understand the equivalence properties of equality; neither do I, but I googled "transitive property" and came up with this nifty website: http://www.mathwords.com/t/transitive_property.htm. And here's what I learned:

Transitive Property of Equality

The following property: If a = b and b = c, then a = c. One of the equivalence properties of equality.

Note: This is a property of equality and inequalities. One must be cautious, however, when attempting to develop arguments using the transitive property in other settings.

Here is an example of an unsound application of the transitive property: "Team A defeated team B, and team B defeated team C. Therefore, team A will defeat team C."

The only conclusion he could possible reach from that is:

A) Pirates beat toy soldiers;
B) Toy soldiers suffer from latent homosexual tendancies and unresolved issues with fathers who didn't pay enough attention to them; and
C) OU wins.

Got it Aggie?

sanantoniosooner
10/18/2006, 01:17 AM
The aggies that have posted in this thread have done a pretty good job of walking the line supporting their team without disrespecting ours.

I'm not impressed with aTm so far, but then I haven't been real impressed with our team either. It should be a tough game and I look for OU to win, but who knows what happens down there.

I have been impressed with PT and some other individual players. I'd love to see a blow out, but I'd french kiss Hillary Clinton for a W of any kind.

rainiersooner
10/18/2006, 01:23 AM
The aggies that have posted in this thread have done a pretty good job of walking the line supporting their team without disrespecting ours.

I'm not impressed with aTm so far, but then I haven't been real impressed with our team either. It should be a tough game and I look for OU to win, but who knows what happens down there.

I have been impressed with PT and some other individual players. I'd love to see a blow out, but I'd french kiss Hillary Clinton for a W of any kind.

Well that is far too much of a well thought out and reasonable response...I say hang the b'stards!!!:)

NYaggie
10/18/2006, 02:20 AM
A) Pirates beat toy soldiers;
B) Toy soldiers suffer from latent homosexual tendancies and unresolved issues with fathers who didn't pay enough attention to them; and
C) OU wins.

Got it Aggie?

Reminds me of another statistical certainty...what do you call an Aggie 5 years after graduation?

Boss. :texan: :pop:

TexasLidig8r
10/18/2006, 08:07 AM
Reminds me of another statistical certainty...what do you call an Aggie 5 years after graduation?

Boss. :texan: :pop:

or...

What do you say to aggy seven years after he graduates?

Thanks for the pizza.. get off my porch.

caphorns
10/18/2006, 09:26 AM
I guess you all must have gotten to 6-1 playing the NFC East then. :rolleyes:

My reference was to your team sucking. I'm still ****ed at Bobby Ross for screwing up when he could have had you. Your team is slightly better than Army and slightly worse than Texas Tech. Is that better?

MiccoMacey
10/18/2006, 10:08 AM
Your team is slightly better than Army and slightly worse than Texas Tech. Is that better?

Ouch.

BIG_IKE
10/18/2006, 10:11 AM
My reference was to your team sucking. I'm still ****ed at Bobby Ross for screwing up when he could have had you. Your team is slightly better than Army and slightly worse than Texas Tech. Is that better?

Check...Checkmate :D :pop:

picasso
10/18/2006, 10:22 AM

Gomer. :texan: :pop:

fixed.

and lemme guess. short hair, jeans and nice cowboy boots, starched button collared polo.

NYaggie
10/18/2006, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by caphorns
Your team is slightly better than Army and slightly worse than Texas Tech. Is that better?

Ouch.

I know...that's crippling smack there. Maybe the whorn would like to expand on how we compare to Mizzou, since we beat the team that beat a team in their house that is supposedly better than us.

olevetonahill
10/18/2006, 08:15 PM
Im :confused: dont we have sand aggies ? and dead lassie aggies in saxet ?
i hate to admit it but i was tempted to green spk Cap :eek:
OU runs the table you heard it here 1st ;)

josh09
10/19/2006, 03:57 PM
I love it that the Texas Aggies are gloating after this weekend. Chests sticking out and all.

They beat a ranked team and they honestly believe that the OU game is absolutely certain to be a 'W' for them since AD is out.

I'm thinkin', we beat em last year without AD, I don't see why we can't do it again??

These fans are truly delusional. They think when they play OU they'll somehow make it to the top 10. The stereotypes are true, these people are idiots.

im going to the game here, and i must say, after attending the same game in 2002, im a LITTLE nervous. i went through ABSOLUTE HELL trying to leave that stadium back then. lets hope its not the same. i have more confidence this year.

mdklatt
10/19/2006, 04:36 PM

Night shift team leader.

:texan: