PDA

View Full Version : WTF is this guy thinking!

OUster
10/16/2006, 05:15 PM
Reporter for the Cleveland Plain Dealer must like Buffalo crack...there is glass half full thinking, then there is borderline 'tard...

In case you missed it
Monday, October 16, 2006

Colorado took a lot of guff for its 0-6 start, so we wanted to make sure everyone celebrated the Buffaloes' first win Sat urday. Maybe not storm-the-field kind of celebrate, though that's what the fans did after a 30-6 victory over Texas Tech, but more of a golf clap.

First-year coach Dan Hawkins had the right idea.

"This is a pretty proud football program. It has a ton of tra dition and I'm not going to do a back flip over 1-6, that's for sure," Hawkins said. "I'd degrade the Buffalo tradition if I was going to do a back flip over 1-6."

Defensive end Abraham Wright was even less impressed.

"You would think I would be more excited, but I am too fo cused on [Oklahoma]," he said. "I'm happy, but our goal is to get to the Big 12 championship, and that is still in our reach."

With Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson out, I wouldn't at all be shocked if Colorado rode this momentum to a win over the Sooners next week. And a conference champi onship? The Buffs are 1-2 in the Big 12 North and have games left with Nebraska and Kansas State, two of the three teams they need to pass. So they could run the table, then beat Texas in the Big 12 title game and go to a BCS bowl at 7-6. Just what college football needs.

- Doug Lesmerises

[URL="http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1160994857221910.xml&coll=2[/URL]
:rolleyes:

fwsooner22
10/16/2006, 05:18 PM
That is hilarious.........that would be quite a story

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 05:21 PM
He is thinking "I cant believe I get paid for dishing out this crap!"

SoonerRoads
10/16/2006, 06:00 PM
Yes, a big win for a previously winless team against team that is obviously down this year............but good grief............is he a CU grad? Not sure what he is on........but I'll have what he is having.

Boomer Sooner

Pepper
10/16/2006, 06:17 PM
I do not think OU should take Colorado lightly. They have a history of losing nonconference games, only to come back and win the north with some major upsets along the way. Although I think Georgia is overrated, they nearly beat them. I think OU just needs to stomp them this week without AD, then come back and laugh.

Crucifax Autumn
10/16/2006, 09:49 PM
That's all true, but for a team to count on riding the momentum of one win and 1-6 is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

goingoneight
10/16/2006, 09:57 PM
It IS possible for a team to only win five games and make it to a conference title, ya know...

soonerlaw
10/17/2006, 09:40 AM
What would be even better would be if Texas dropped a couple, Baylor won out and then faced CO in the Big-12 Championship, with a BCS bid on the line.

TUSooner
10/17/2006, 09:45 AM
Pffff. I don't think Dan Hawkins can even DO a back flip.

buffalo1
10/17/2006, 10:49 AM
I smiled as I read the article.
Why?
The CU coaches and players spent very little time celebrating their first win. You'll note those who matter (NOT the writer) are back to work preparing for the next game.

The one who is spending brain energy on whether CU will beat ok is one who means nothing.... a writer. Kind of like all of us posting on a message board. It means very little.

ok is deserving of their high ranking and will be a tall order for any team who plays them.

So, while we all fret about who can play better next Saturday, the formerly downtrodden Buffs are hard at work wanting to improve on what has been a very disappointing start to the season.

stoopified
10/17/2006, 10:57 AM
He is thinking "I cant believe I get paid for dishing out this crap!"Damn Berry tramel I didn't realize that he wrote for two papers.