PDA

View Full Version : BBQ on Gameday

fwsooner22
10/16/2006, 05:00 PM
Off topic....I apologize..............I have 15 people coming to this weeks game........I will be coming from Fort Worth..........Where can I get about 30 BBQ sandwiches at around Noon..........They need to be good and $$$ is not important...................Any help would be appreciated.....

Hope I don't get banned for this one.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/16/2006, 05:03 PM
If you got an oven and 4-5 hours between now and gameday, just buy you some brisket and make 'em yourself. It'll keep. A lil' microwave action and you're in the money.

But no barbecue sammich is a barbecue sammich without a heapin' helpin' of Selmon Brothers sauce. Don't forget that.

fwsooner22
10/16/2006, 05:06 PM
You firemen are used to cooking for 15 people and being confident about it.....I am a lazy a$$.............Can I get this Selmon sauce in Norman?

If you truly are a fireman......Thank You for all you do.............

Ruuuuuufus
10/16/2006, 05:11 PM
You might try Rudy's on Highway 9. I think it's a relatively new place but their food is pretty good.

fwsooner22
10/16/2006, 05:13 PM
You might try Rudy's on Highway 9. I think it's a relatively new place but their food is pretty good.

Thanks......East or west of I-35

Jimminy Crimson
10/16/2006, 05:16 PM
Van's on Porter, north of Main.

The end.

sooner94
10/16/2006, 05:17 PM
If you can wait until after the game, there will be BBQ buffalo for everyone. I hear it tastes like chicken.

The Maestro
10/16/2006, 05:18 PM
................................................le t go!

Tulsa_Fireman
10/16/2006, 05:22 PM
Sir yes sir. If I can get Selmon Brothers here in the friendly confines of Tulsey Town, you dang sure better be able to get it in Norman, America. And speaking to lazy, trust me, it's as easy as it gets. No chasin' the temperature on a smoker, no eyeballin' your fire on a pit, it's simply a matter of throwin' it in the oven and letting the magic work. Here's how.

Get your brisket and don't fool with trimming the fat. You want that fat. Make you up a simple dry rub of salt, black pepper, a lil' garlic and onion powder, and a touch of sugar. Don't get crazy with the sugar, though. A teaspoon if even that for a cup of rub. But hold up, you gotta take a fork and jab the crap out of the meat side of the brisket. Douse it in worcestershire, but not so much it runs off. THEN rub your dry rub on the entire brisket, wrap that dude in foil, put the foil wrapped brisket on a cookie sheet and pop it in the oven at 300 degrees. Be sure the fat side is up, because that'll help break it down.

A smaller brisket oughta be perfect tender around four hours. For your bigger briskets, 8-9 pounds or more, this usually hits around six hours. But that's it. Once it's prepped, throw it in that oven and find yourself a cold beer and a ballgame. And when it's done, slice or shred to preference, trim the fat if you want (what fat that's left. A good part will have rendered off, hence the cookie sheet), and put the goodness in the fridge until it's go time. You can sauce now or sauce later. Personally, I'll sauce shredded when it's done, sliced I'll leave dry. It's up to you, though.

And remember, the foil is key. No holes. Don't just cover the brisket, wrap it entirely. The worcestershire will evaporate and steam from inside the brisket from the holes you punched in it with the fork. Given enough time, that puppy will go from boot leather to heaven, leaving you with fine eats, a beer or two in your gut, and some of the best barbecue sandwiches your tailgate has had the honor of eating.

In addendum, if you have access to a grill, you might even consider leaving the brisket IN the foil. 30-45 minutes on around 350 degrees without breaking the seal will put you pretty close to where you were when you pulled it from the oven. But from the sound of it, prep time is an issue, so you might be better served having it all bolted together before you even leave the house.

Just add buns and a few Sooner touchdowns and you'll be 'The Brisket Guy' from here on out. Good luck!

fwsooner22
10/16/2006, 05:27 PM
Wow...........OK I'll try..........thanks for all that

Soonrboy
10/16/2006, 06:20 PM
Off topic....I apologize..............I have 15 people coming to this weeks game........I will be coming from Fort Worth..........Where can I get about 30 BBQ sandwiches at around Noon..........They need to be good and $$$ is not important...................Any help would be appreciated.....

Hope I don't get banned for this one.

I'll make you some, here in Norman, even...20 bucks a sandwich. They're good too.

Hoomar
10/16/2006, 07:12 PM
You can't beat Van's Pig Stand!! My all-time favorite.

http://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=A9ibybmRHzRFV.cA_QOHNcIF;_ylu=X3oDMTB pZzIyMjd0BF9zAzk2NjEzNzY5BHNlYwNzcg--?id=18465463&stx=Barbecue+Restaurants&csz=Norman%2C+OK

OUMallen
10/16/2006, 07:29 PM
Thanks......East or west of I-35

Highway 9 and Chautauqua. It's pretty damn solid BBQ if you get the brisket or turkey (the sausage isn't any good there).