PDA

View Full Version : I predict AD plays yet this regular season...

Soonerus
10/16/2006, 04:35 PM
...he is tough as nails and with appropriate padding, tape and the "want to" players have done it before...I think AD will play....

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 04:37 PM
I predict the Menudo fan will be here with something to say about that very soon...

The Maestro
10/16/2006, 04:38 PM
I agree. I read where a best case scenario for healing is about 4 weeks. The last time I checked, AD was in pretty good condition for healing. He gets the record against OSU and rides off into the Sooner sunset.

Ash
10/16/2006, 04:40 PM
I predict the Menudo fan will be here with something to say about that very soon...

I'm surprised Crimsontothecore hasn't popped up again.

I hope AD all the best in terms of healing. I also hope he doesn't rush back if he's feeling better.

jwlynn64
10/16/2006, 04:41 PM
We can only hope. So who are we going to get in the Cotton Bowl? I think that is where we end up unless Texas has a total melt down.

mrowl
10/16/2006, 04:44 PM
I predict he won't come back, so he doesn't risk more injury. This way he kicks *** in the combine.

Why come back with $60M waiting?

Sabla
10/16/2006, 04:49 PM
I hope he comes back. But my rational side he will not come back to play a regular season game.

Soonerus
10/16/2006, 04:51 PM
151 yards against OSU would be about one-half...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 04:53 PM
151 yards against OSU would be about one-half...

2 carries

OklahomaRed
10/16/2006, 04:53 PM
I predict we win out the regular season and then AD returns to rush for 150 yards and 3 touchdowns in our bowl game. Thus, cementing his high draft pick, and O.U.'s finish in the top 10. :D

TheUnnamedSooner
10/16/2006, 04:54 PM

B/C of his injuries, that has hurt his draft stock. That is why he would come back to get his stock back up..

Rhino
10/16/2006, 04:55 PM
No.

Soonerus
10/16/2006, 04:56 PM
No.

Well, that settles it...

cjames317
10/16/2006, 04:58 PM
AD is healing
Right now, even as we speak.
He is ... Wolverine.

Paperclip
10/16/2006, 05:03 PM
B/C of his injuries, that has hurt his draft stock. That is why he would come back to get his stock back up..

I disagree. A collar bone injury is not an ACL tear. For his sake I think it's best if he's played his last game as a Sooner.

The Maestro
10/16/2006, 05:05 PM
AD is a warrior. If he can play, I think he'll play. If staying "unhurt" was the goal, he should have asked to be redshirted this year then jumped. The dude likes to carry the rock. He'll be back.

Soonerus
10/16/2006, 05:07 PM
Just don't be surprised when he trots out on the field this season again...

Echoes
10/16/2006, 05:21 PM
Horrible Idea for him to come back.

I want him back just as bad as anybody. But for the sake of AD, don't come back. Don't come back for the bowl game. Make sure you are completely healed 150% for the combine. Go impress the NFL at the combine, and make your 60 million in the NFL.

TJKDone
10/16/2006, 05:36 PM
...he is tough as nails and with appropriate padding, tape and the "want to" players have done it before...I think AD will play....

I hope the heck so. We really need you guys to win out for our strength of schedule:D

Hook'em

Sooner98
10/16/2006, 05:43 PM
If the doctors give him the okay, and if he wants to play, then by all means, he should play the bowl game. The OSU game is really pushing it, though.

SoonerRoads
10/16/2006, 05:52 PM
Just as everyone else on here, this is only an opinion, but if he comes back for the bowl game, I think he actually comes back next year. If he doesn't come back for the bowl game, he will be gone for good. He might lose big time $$$ by not proving he is more durable, but playing in the bowl game would be a huge risk for him if he plans to come out for the NFL draft. I think he should consider coming back for another season to prove he can go a season without injury(if that is possible), break Sims record and try to win the Heisman and get even bigger bucks, but that is my selfish side talking. The agents will be playing on his emotions saying "but what about your parents"(a valid point) and he may decide to get what he can get(much more than most of us will ever make) and move on.

School Loyalty, Awards, Records vs. Millions of Dollars????? What would we do?

Good Luck AD and thanks for the memories.

Moving ON.

Boomer Sooner

mrowl
10/16/2006, 06:11 PM

I think every NFL scout, Head Coach, and Owner disagrees.

Pepper
10/16/2006, 06:21 PM
A fellow Sooner fan at work told me when he broke his collarbone, it took 3 weeks to heal. Going by that, AD's injury must be more severe to be out for the rest of the season.

Soonerus
10/16/2006, 09:55 PM
AD was seen in Norman tonight involved in a full-contact death match...he's OK....

goingoneight
10/16/2006, 10:05 PM
2 carries

One carry!!! :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
10/16/2006, 10:08 PM
School Loyalty, Awards, Records vs. Millions of Dollars????? What would we do?

I'd be back, but I was born in Norman, not in Texass, so I may have a Crimson stained brain!

rhombic21
10/16/2006, 10:10 PM
Guys, it's over. You need to accept it. I don't think he'll play again as a Sooner. He definitely shouldn't come back. He has nothing to gain from another year in Norman.

A collarbone is not going to hurt his NFL draft status, as long as he doesn't do something stupid and come back early and re-injure it. I don't think Stoops would let him do that anyways.

sooneron
10/16/2006, 10:11 PM
A fellow Sooner fan at work told me when he broke his collarbone, it took 3 weeks to heal. Going by that, AD's injury must be more severe to be out for the rest of the season.
Your fellow worker is a running back in D1 football? It's one thing to come back and go back to data entry or whatever, but to come back and lunge head first into 300 pound dudes is another. Thus, 4-6 weeks.

Soonerus
10/16/2006, 10:16 PM
data entry vs. playing against OSU...about a push...

TheUnnamedSooner
10/16/2006, 10:24 PM
I think every NFL scout, Head Coach, and Owner disagrees.

Here is one scout that agrees....

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AhUl_QImCrKR4fKpGlmz8DAcvrYF?slug=inside dishnextstopforpet&prov=tsn&type=lgns

But the injuries in Peterson's career will affect his NFL draft stock and could make him reconsider leaving school. "The injuries were a question before this latest issue," says one AFC scout. "It will be a major concern now."

Paperclip
10/16/2006, 10:32 PM
The scout that recommends not to draft AD will be fired during AD's rookie season.

Soonerus
10/16/2006, 10:34 PM
AD would be my first choice...no question...

sooneron
10/16/2006, 10:39 PM
I love soonerus bold prediction threads!

Soonerus
10/16/2006, 10:40 PM
I love soonerus bold prediction threads!

Almost hit the ASU over USC thread...

All_Day_28
10/16/2006, 11:21 PM
I keep hearing people in here talking about the combine, why even go to the combine? he will be the first back taken in the draft regardless...

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2006, 01:04 AM
I still say he'll be back earlier than expected this year and then return next year.

If it's all about money I'd guess the NFL teams would be willing to pay more for a man who has shown his loyalty and willingness to give it all and give up anything for the team.

That's the approach the coaching staff should take...Tell him that loyalty is an assett worth as much as talent. What NFL team wants to win one Superbowl if they can establish a dynasty and win several?

Texas Golfer
10/17/2006, 03:25 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AhUl_QImCrKR4fKpGlmz8DAcvrYF?slug=inside dishnextstopforpet&prov=tsn&type=lgns

I might agree with this guy if the injuries were recurring ones. But he's suffered one injury each of his seasons for the Sooners but it was different parts of his body. Injuries occur to everyone but scouts have to realize that he's involved in almost every play during a game and is more likely to sustain such injuries.

The only reason that he'd have to participate in the combines is to prove that he's recovered from the injuries, not to prove his abilities.

I think AD will be among the top five drafted.

Texas Golfer
10/17/2006, 03:26 AM
I keep hearing people in here talking about the combine, why even go to the combine? he will be the first back taken in the draft regardless...

He'll have to prove he's recovered from the injuries.

usmc-sooner
10/17/2006, 05:34 AM
Micheal Vick was hurt alot in college and he got drafted pretty high.

AD has a sprained ankle, shoulder and collarbone doesn't sound like he's injury prone to me. For someone who carries the ball as much as he does I'm surprised he hasn't been hurt more.

He's a beast and the best player in college football. He has nothing left to prove. If some fool doesn't draft him because they think he has something to prove, then oh well his loss.

mrowl
10/17/2006, 05:41 AM

take off the crimson colored glasses. its over.

Aries
10/17/2006, 07:10 AM
You can't tape up a collar bone.

wishbonesooner
10/17/2006, 07:50 AM
No ne from OSU has ever tackled him. He could run for 200 yards plus against OSU in a body cast.

TripleOption14
10/17/2006, 09:50 AM
I predict he won't come back, so he doesn't risk more injury. This way he kicks *** in the combine.

Agreed!! There is no reason to come back and risk further injury.

However, AD does not need to go to the combine at all!! What is he gonna prove that has not been seen already. The combine is for guys that need a little extra help getting recognized.

TripleOption14
10/17/2006, 09:54 AM
Guys, it's over. You need to accept it. I don't think he'll play again as a Sooner. He definitely shouldn't come back. He has nothing to gain from another year in Norman.

A collarbone is not going to hurt his NFL draft status, as long as he doesn't do something stupid and come back early and re-injure it. I don't think Stoops would let him do that anyways.

Its sad but true!! I just can't believe thats the way its gonna end. Kinda hard to take.

Soonerus
10/17/2006, 12:07 PM
You can't tape up a collar bone.

Switzer said you could on his Monday night Sports Animal show...

stoopified
10/17/2006, 12:35 PM
AD is healing
Right now, even as we speak.
He is ... Sooner.Fixed it.Truth is I would love it IF AD came back vs.osu,had a monster game,continued his SUPERMAN heroics in a bowl game blowout AND returned fo a banner 2200+ yard senior season,won the H-man and led us to #8.Reality tells me that he may return for a bowl game although UNTIL I hear it from AD or his agent I do hold on to the tiny hope that AD comes back for '07.

ADs_Agent
10/17/2006, 12:47 PM
Fixed it.Truth is I would love it IF AD came back vs.osu,had a monster game,continued his SUPERMAN heroics in a bowl game blowout AND returned fo a banner 2200+ yard senior season,won the H-man and led us to #8.Reality tells me that he may return for a bowl game although UNTIL I hear it from AD or his agent I do hold on to the tiny hope that AD comes back for '07.

Peterson won't be back until the bowl, b*dlam at latest, may miss both.

Ash
10/17/2006, 12:56 PM

cuz he's old school, man.

The Maestro
10/17/2006, 01:27 PM
Ah, hell! Tape an aspirin to his collarbone and let's go!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/17/2006, 03:23 PM
Just take it out..He doesnt need it anyway

rhombic21
10/17/2006, 03:45 PM
He said that you could tape up a hairline crack. This is a fracture.

Switzer also said that, if he had any depth at defensive back, he'd move Reggie Smith to runningback. Imagine the ****storm that would cause.

BIG_IKE
10/17/2006, 03:48 PM
wowwwwww....what if he redshirted this year and stayed TWO more seasons.....wowwwwwwww...and wishful thinking.lol

rhombic21
10/17/2006, 03:52 PM
He can't redshirt this year, he's played in too many games.

ashley
10/17/2006, 05:49 PM
Inside. Very minor bit out a full 6 weeks.

Scotty
10/17/2006, 07:03 PM
Interesting quote from soonersports:

"He is a strong-willed guy who always follows his heart and does what he wants, and he should. He has already expressed to Coach Gundy and a few other people that he absolutely intends to play as soon as he can play again. But I am not saying that that’s definitive. I want to sit and talk with him. Once he has had some time to really reflect on it. I doubt that will change to be honest with you.

"He is a guy that everybody has tried to tell him what to do for three years, and he is a strong willed-guy, which is also how he plays. He is going to do what he wants to do. And you appreciate a guy like that.”

Dio
10/17/2006, 07:11 PM
The dude is a player- the first game after he gets cleared medically, he's in, whether it's LosuR, the bowl, or next year's season opener for whoever drafts him.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/17/2006, 10:09 PM
take off the crimson colored glasses. its over.

I have little doubt he will go to the NFL next season (and do well at that), it's just that some people (outside of OU) think that the injury really hurts his stock

Geekboy
10/17/2006, 10:40 PM

Believe it or not sometimes it's not always about the money. Sometimes when it's not about the money.......that's when movies are made and books are written and legends are born.

picasso
10/17/2006, 10:44 PM
I have little doubt he will go to the NFL next season (and do well at that), it's just that some people (outside of OU) think that the injury really hurts his stock
how so? by landing on it freakishly and it fracturing.
I"ll bet money he's taken early. please.

astro5169
10/18/2006, 11:44 AM
#1 pick in the NFL draft for 2008 is Heisman Winner and National Championship winner and all time NCAA rushing record holder and future GOD status at Norman is Adrian Peterson.

This is what will keep him next year at OU. He is a Sooner and Sooners don't run or quit early. He wants money. He is human. But, the best dollar he can get is by staying and prooving to everyone outside the sooner nation. I am a believer in his skills and attributes. I was very excited the first time he touched the ball in Norman and the last time. We overplayed him last game. No one asks why he was out there as much with that kind of lead? But, that's another story.

If he leaves he will look back and say "what if?". I look back and say what if all the time.

poke4christ
10/18/2006, 12:18 PM
Sorry guys, but I put the chances of Peterson playing in the OSU game at 0%. I know I'm biased in this (I admit he has burned us both years we played him), but I've got good reasoning.

Right now his injury is only a fracture and not a full break. If he comes out too early that could become a full break and do a lot of damage to the surrounding muscle. That wouldn't be good at all. A bone heals easily, but tearing muscle and ligaments is much worse.

At the earliest, he should only be thinking about a bowl game. Even that might be questionable since it still presents the chance of getting hurt and screwing up his draft status. As of right now, his draft status is secure in the top 5 (IMHO).

Zach

Oldnslo
10/18/2006, 01:51 PM
Only a fracture and not a full break? So... you're not a doctor.

Last October, I had a comminuted displaced fracture of my clavicle. Yeah, Skippy, that was a full break. The bone shattered and moved around. They told me 10-12 weeks.

But, that was for "clinical" healing of the fracture. That's not the same as being 100% healed. FWIW, it hurt. Bad. For about 4-6 months. I still don't have full range of motion and I'm pretty sure I never will.

Now, I haven't heard anyone give the clinical description of the type of fracture AD has. It SEEMS that it isn't as bad as the one I had, and the sling he's in isn't near the contraption they had me wrestle on and sleep in.

I'll be thrilled for him if he heals up enough to play again this season.

Soonerus
10/18/2006, 01:53 PM
He spoke for himself, he wants to play again this year...Skippy....

usmc-sooner
10/18/2006, 01:55 PM
he said he wants to but he'll have to wait and see. He also said don't be surprised if we see him in a bowl game.

Oldnslo
10/18/2006, 01:58 PM
Rus, unless you're posting as a poke, the skippy comment wasn't directed to you.

Maybe AD will play and maybe he won't. It sure doesn't surprise me that he said he wants to. It also won't surprise me when the weeks roll by and he and his doctors AND our coaching staff decide it's best for him not to.

jwlynn64
10/18/2006, 11:59 PM
I think that people have been fairly reluctant to say that Adrien shouldn't have been in the game at the time that he was injured but it has been hinted at several times.

IMO, Adrien was in the game because he wanted a legitimate chance at a heisman. I would bet that Coach Stoops wanted him in the game because he wants to make the best bowl game that he can.

Until the system is fixed and human votes are removed from the equation, coaches and players are going to have to run stats and points up to be assured of getting the best press possible.

As long as the day is only 24 hours long, voters will only get box scores and ESPN highlights to base their judgements on for 80 - 85% of the teams. That means that they really don't know what happened in the vast majority of games played so their votes are virtually meaningless.

If AD doesn't get the stats (even if he played a great game) and if OU doesn't get a good margin of victory (see the Washington and UAB games) it really won't matter how well we played or if they game was in hand at the end of the game. Voters will not give either the player or the team the appropriate votes. How else can we explain the huge hit we took after the Oregon game?

After all that, what I guess I'm really saying is that no one should question whether AD should have been in the game at that point. Both player and coach are in a postion that they needed him to be in the game.

Soonerus
10/19/2006, 08:49 AM
Rus, unless you're posting as a poke, the skippy comment wasn't directed to you.

Maybe AD will play and maybe he won't. It sure doesn't surprise me that he said he wants to. It also won't surprise me when the weeks roll by and he and his doctors AND our coaching staff decide it's best for him not to.

Skippy comment retraction accepted...

Soonerus
10/19/2006, 08:52 AM
I think that people have been fairly reluctant to say that Adrien shouldn't have been in the game at the time that he was injured but it has been hinted at several times.

IMO, Adrien was in the game because he wanted a legitimate chance at a heisman. I would bet that Coach Stoops wanted him in the game because he wants to make the best bowl game that he can.

Until the system is fixed and human votes are removed from the equation, coaches and players are going to have to run stats and points up to be assured of getting the best press possible.

As long as the day is only 24 hours long, voters will only get box scores and ESPN highlights to base their judgements on for 80 - 85% of the teams. That means that they really don't know what happened in the vast majority of games played so their votes are virtually meaningless.

If AD doesn't get the stats (even if he played a great game) and if OU doesn't get a good margin of victory (see the Washington and UAB games) it really won't matter how well we played or if they game was in hand at the end of the game. Voters will not give either the player or the team the appropriate votes. How else can we explain the huge hit we took after the Oregon game?

After all that, what I guess I'm really saying is that no one should question whether AD should have been in the game at that point. Both player and coach are in a postion that they needed him to be in the game.

Until AD's last TD it was only prudent to have him in the game...for the short memory types, remember Oregon...the ISU game was not over until AD scored his last TD...

poke4christ
10/19/2006, 03:39 PM
I agree that it wasn't wrong to leave AD in the game. He hasn't really shown signs of wearing down in games, and the only way he got injured was falling wrong and doing it to himself. The coaches can't be blamed, it was a freak thing.

Zach

Fraggle145
10/19/2006, 03:52 PM
When I fractured my clavicle it was basically just a crack... sorta looked like this ^. It hurt like a muthafugga! I was in 9th grade. I said to my coach: "I'm shot coach." He said w/out missing a beat: "Damn snipers in the press box will get you everytime." Anyway, it took me about a month and a half to heal. and after that it took about another two months to get my strength and range of motion back. The reason for this is the clavicle supports the majority of the weight and functionality of your arm as many of your muscles use it for leverage (i.e. originate there). I had to wear a figure eight brace that was tight as hell to hold it all in place. so It would be possible to make it for OSWHO but I dont think it is probable, this break really hurts like hell, I hope he makes it back for the bowl game.