PDA

View Full Version : classrooms are for kids

Chuck Bao
10/16/2006, 03:55 PM
I’m far too old for that. My attention span is too short and my temper is, apparently, even shorter.

I had to take this stupid day-long class to renew my license. On paper, it didn’t seem so bad – trading strategies for stock market index futures. Backwardation, indeed, like the diminishing returns of every second in this class. The salient points could have been summarized within five minutes.

I brought three newspapers. Read them twice and worked the three sudoku puzzles. Wish I’d brought more.

I was begging for mercy midway through this wretched morning. I kept calling my office to see if, by chance, there was some great crisis and I could escape. My colleagues wouldn’t even fake a crisis to help me. Useless bastages.

Why didn’t someone just give me the notes? I don’t do listening very well. Everything in the seminar was like summary, a preview, the course material, a class exercise, a review and summary. Like if it wouldn’t sink in the first three-four times, it probably won’t ever. EVER. And, to think that I’m the one with attention deficiency disorder.

Classrooms are for kids and I'm not a kid.