PDA

View Full Version : Ok so am I a chick now?

achiro
10/16/2006, 03:16 PM
I love to bowhunt. I love to bowhunt deer. One thing I started several years ago was to really try and remove as much human odor as possible before a hunt to try and avoid the deer's sense of smell. Don't laugh, it really helps. Anyway when I first started, I use to use an unscented shampoo(suave I think) and neutragena(sp?) soap because it had no added smells. As years moved on the hunting industry has made a bunch of products for this purpose. Everything from lotion to lip balm, even some overkill items like scent free gum.
Anyway, as I am washing my hair with a hunters specialties shampoo, I see on the bottle where it says "leaves hair soft and manageable" Now I am concerned that this is an industry trying to turn me. So when do I turn in my man card?
http://www.davescatalog.com/products/a/large/P6958_8926188.jpg

mdklatt
10/16/2006, 03:19 PM
"Bowhunt" is a euphemism for butt sex, isn't it.

IB4OU2
10/16/2006, 03:22 PM
I wasted alot of money on scent free toilet paper.......

mdklatt
10/16/2006, 03:25 PM
I wasted alot of money on scent free toilet paper.......

Pssst...it's not the toilet paper that smells.

SoonerJack
10/16/2006, 04:10 PM
That's not the stuff from Hunters Specialties is it? That's what I use and there is no soft and manageable in it at all.

By the way, any luck yet? My hunting trip is scheduled for the week of Halloween.

achiro
10/16/2006, 04:16 PM
That's not the stuff from Hunters Specialties is it? That's what I use and there is no soft and manageable in it at all.

By the way, any luck yet? My hunting trip is scheduled for the week of Halloween.
Thanks to the broken ribs, Sat was my first trip out. I saw 12, one young buck could have easily been burger, another buck was better but didn't get a good look at him. He was chasing a doe:eek: across a CRP field.
I had one huge doe that was tempting fate but I decided I wasn't ready for the work involved with butchering her, especially with my ribs still screaming at me.

BoogercountySooner
10/16/2006, 04:46 PM
Muzzle Loader season here. No luck yet saw a small buck on Saturday and I passed. Does and yearlings I have seen a plenty. Buddy shot at a nice Buck and missed he got scoped though my buddy that is the scope hit him above the eye and he's got an Owwy!

Oldnslo
10/16/2006, 05:00 PM
"you don't come here for the hunting, do you?"

Jerk
10/16/2006, 08:46 PM
Does "oubeta" post here? That dude does a sh.t-ton of bowhunting.

This year I'm just going to wait until rifle season. I swore I'd buy a muzzle loader, but never got around to it.

Now all my funds will probably go to an AR-15 chambered in 6.5 Grendal- the bullet weighs 90-140 grains, and is still supersonic at 1200 yards. If I can find a way to put an expensive scope on it it'll be a deer's worst nightmare.

http://www.alexanderarms.com/grendel.htm