PDA

View Full Version : I am thinking about trading my car in for a boat...

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/16/2006, 02:58 PM
if it keeps raining like this in Houston...half of the freeways are now rivers!:mad: That will only make rush hour that much worse!!!!

TexasSooner01
10/16/2006, 03:07 PM
if it keeps raining like this in Houston...half of the freeways are now rivers!:mad: That will only make rush hour that much worse!!!!

Yep. I agree! This is not as bad as TS Allison though. But this does make rush hour worse:mad:

Of course Houston traffic is bad at any time of the day

TexasSooner01
10/16/2006, 03:11 PM
GEESH its poring here AGAIN! Just lost the radio....

My office is right by a lake...that is extremely full!

I will be lucky to make it home....Not unless Toyota's float

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/16/2006, 03:16 PM
I live in south Houston and the commute this morning was fun as 288 was closed at the Loop. It is pouring again in the Galleria area. Normally I can see downtown from my desk, but today, I can barely see the Williams Tower, and I am right next door to it.

TexasSooner01
10/16/2006, 03:21 PM
I live in SW Houston and work in Sugar Land. When I came into work this am hwy 6 and hwy 90 was almost impassable.....

Which leaves me wondering how to get back to my side of town....

TexasSooner01
10/16/2006, 03:22 PM
Should of stayed at home today! :mad:

sooner n houston
10/16/2006, 03:28 PM
The wife told me she heard about 3 people drowned on I-10 this morning. Stayed in their car until they drowned! How can people be that stupid? First to drive into the water on the road and then to stay in the car while it sinks and fills.

Severe weather claims 3 in Houston area
More rain is expected to fall this afternoon

By ERIC BERGER

A series of thunderstorms that saturated much of the greater Houston area overnight was being blamed for three deaths.

HPD said two women drowned when they become trapped by flood waters in their Chevy Blazer at the Gulf Freeway and Tellepsen underpass near the University of Houston. An HPD officer spotted the high water at 5:30 a.m. and closed the road. At that time, there were no vehicles visible.

By 9 a.m., the water had receded enough so that the Blazer could be seen. The two women were found after a wrecker driver towed the SUV from the water. The victims were young women, in their late teens to early 20s. Police believe they have may have been trying to escape through the back of the vehicle.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4261569.html

Mjcpr
10/16/2006, 03:31 PM
The wife told me she heard about 5 people drowned on I-10 this morning. Stayed in their car until they drowned! How can people be that stupid? First to drive into the water on the road and then to stay in the car while it sinks and fills.

Well, they were Texans after all.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/16/2006, 03:36 PM
Yeah, that is crazy. I would at least try to do something to get out.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/16/2006, 03:45 PM
There were also some tornado warnings earlier today as well. Must hav slept through those. It is werid though, when I woke up and turned on the news, there was a tornado warning in Galveston County and the only way I knew about it was through the crawl on the bottom of the screen. If it was in OKC, we would have had overkill on it.