PDA

View Full Version : This candidate for sheriff believes in taking matters in his own hands!

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 02:52 PM
A candidate for sheriff says a sexually suggestive film he made of himself should not disqualify him from the office It is a healthy example of performance art, Rick Magnuson said Sunday. The 12-minute clip shows him from behind as he appears to masturbate outdoors. The camera was mounted on a tripod about 20 yards away. “If you look at it, it is probably G-rated. A beer commercial is more explicit than this,” said Magnuson, a candidate for sheriff of Pitkin County, of which Aspen is the seat. The video became an issue after he gave a copy to an Aspen cable television station, which has run it in the middle of the night. Magnuson, 41, a civilian who works in community safety for the Aspen police department, said the film was made a year after he broke up with his girlfriend. “What I think is that in everyone’s life they have issues that come up and I think art is a good way to deal with it instead of sedating yourself with chemicals. It shows I can be a good role model rather than the way the sheriff deals with his problems. I assume he did something because he just got out of rehab,” Magnuson said in a telephone interview Saturday. His election opponent, Pitkin County Sheriff Bob Braudis, 61, checked himself into a rehabilitation clinic four months ago.

BTW – any of you wanting to be a sheriff, I think you could run in Pitkin county and have a pretty fair chance of winning.

Good lord, I think I need to cancel my newspaper subscription!!:eek:

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 02:52 PM
You should move.

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 02:57 PM
What I wonder is what in the heck possessed him to give the film to a cable TV station? Campaign video?

KABOOKIE
10/16/2006, 03:04 PM
Kitten killer!!!