PDA

View Full Version : What kind of fan(s) have you become?

8timechamps
10/16/2006, 02:50 PM
I used to be a daily SF.com poster, and I'm not going to play the "things used to be better because..." card, but I just came by today to see what the word is on the Alexander arrest, and I am amazed! You'd think we (as Sooner fans) fell into a time warp and just found out that Switzer resigned and Thompson was arrested.

AD was a one-of-a-kind back, but he didn't single handedly make OU a championship caliber team...there were one-of-a-kind backs that came to OU before Peterson, and I am confident there will be more to come. So we got hosed on a review against Oregon...we didn't fold up shop after three officials blew the Stanberry interception in Dallas. Bomar gets caught breaking the rules and leaves school...I remember another so called future stud leaving OU...I saw him last night on the sidelines at the Utah/Boise State game (didn't look like he was doing too much).

I loved winning the national title in '00, just like the ones before. I loved watching AD run over people...just as much as I loved watching Q, Demond Parker, Dewell Brewer and Patrick Collins.

As a sooner fan, I feel fortunate that we start every year with a chance to be in the national title game, or win a Big XII championship. We expect to win. We don't have to worry about getting our 6th win to qualify for a bowl. We are lucky.

I figure the best case scenario for this year is to win out, and witness the future of our team as we play in a good (if not great BCS) bowl. And, we'll all complain when the season is over that it "went too fast!". Then, when next season rolls around, we'll all start the season thinking that it could be the next national title run.

So, are you the kind of fan that has been spoiled, and thinks that winning 9,10 or 11 games isn't enough? Or, are you the kind that can appreciate all that Stoops has done, and realize that we are fortunate. Afterall, it could be worse, you could be a Miami Hurricane fan.

Here's to running the table and finishing strong!

Keith

sooner518
10/16/2006, 03:00 PM
i completely agree. im sick of "the sky is falling" mentality that many people have. despite AD's loss, I still think we should be favored in all of the rest of our games and should win out. We're getting better as a team and we still have alot of really good players. This wasnt a one-trick pony when AD was out there.

picasso
10/16/2006, 03:01 PM
still here.

was still here when the Blake Follies were in command, still here when Switzer wore the suit and prescription sunbglasses and resigned.

AND if any oSu fan gets in my face about AD I'm going to kick a 50 yard field goal with their crotchel region.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 03:04 PM
Is the correct spelling crotchEl or crotchAl? I'm confused.

picasso
10/16/2006, 03:06 PM
Is the correct spelling crotchEl or crotchAl? I'm confused.
I wasn't sure. I"ll call Ron Burgandy and find out for sure.:D

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 03:07 PM
I wasn't sure. I"ll call Ron Burgandy and find out for sure.:D

You're a dirty pirate hooker!!!!!!!!1

Are you gonna be at that show at Claussen's Sat. night or are you going to watch the game?

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/16/2006, 03:09 PM
Cue Idiotic Poster with

BUT BOB MAKES 2 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!!!!

picasso
10/16/2006, 03:09 PM
You're a dirty pirate hooker!!!!!!!!1

Are you gonna be at that show at Claussen's Sat. night or are you going to watch the game?
that's a toughie but I think we're coming to Norman. I will have a piece there though.

GrapevineSooner
10/16/2006, 03:12 PM
Been a Sooner fan all my life.
Been a Red Sox fan all my life.
Been a Texas Rangers fan all my life.

Get the picture? ;)

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 03:12 PM
that's a toughie but I think we're coming to Norman. I will have a piece there though.

I'm gonna go and pretend I'm you. :D

I think I'll dress up like Dali, get hammered and see if I can sell it for you.

IronSooner
10/16/2006, 03:14 PM
Afterall, it could be worse, you could be a Miami Hurricane fan.

This is what I've been thinking the last couple days. Nice when you can consider a 3 or 4 loss season bad and a 2 loss season less than what you'd hoped for. Here's to returning to form and discovering some hidden talent in the backup ranks.

picasso
10/16/2006, 03:16 PM
I'm gonna go and pretend I'm you. :D

I think I'll dress up like Dali, get hammered and see if I can sell it for you.
I would suggest wearing his Aphrodisiac Dinner Jacket.
http://www.docsnews.com/dali_jacket_m.jpg

PDXsooner
10/16/2006, 03:16 PM
message boards are a pi$$-poor representation of the OU fan base, period.

OUDoc
10/16/2006, 03:25 PM
AND if any oSu fan gets in my face about AD I'm going to kick a 50 yard field goal with their crotchel region.
In their case, it would be a crotch-ette.

Good to see you posting, Keith.

Oldnslo
10/16/2006, 03:31 PM
I remember when Boo was the coach. One or two weeks into the season, I'd think, "Okay. There went our national championship hopes." Then the next week or so later, I'd think, "Okay. There went the conference title hope." And a week or so later, I'd think, "Gee, that loss was embarrassing. Sure seems like our coaches have their heads up thier collective asses."

And I remember when Schnelly promised that we'd beat Colorado. Never saw a collegiate head coach have to whistle to get his players' attention. It was at that moment that I knew Schnelly had nothing in the tank for OU.

Now > then.

I'd still like to see the occasional trick play. And the occasional handoff to the fullback. But that's small change compared to the complaints I had years ago.

I guess the way I'd put it is: I like seeing our guys do well. And I'm disappointed when they don't, whether it's because of effort, coaching, officiating, or just the bad bounce of the ball. I sure appreciate the effort that it takes just to get on the field, and I know that any of our guys on their absolute worst day, with the flu, food poisoning, and girl troubles on their mind, are better than whatever I could bring.

soonerlaw
10/16/2006, 03:52 PM
When Bomar got the boot, I thought to myself, who gives a S$@#, we still got AD, we will win out. Then we got jobbed at Oregon, and I thought, who gives a S#$%, we still got AD, we will win out. When we lost to TX, I thought... well you get the point.

AD's injury was shocking, disheartening and disappointing, for AD, for the team, and for the fans. But after a depressing Saturday, I began to think to myself, Hey, we still got Bob, PT, and rest of the team which are a group of young, talented, hardworking kids who will do whatever it takes to win. You know what... we can still win out.

If they win out, I will appreciate this team for how they handled all this adversity. If they lose every game from here on out, I will still love this team and appreciate all the players who gave it their all. Win or lose, OU is my alma mater and the Sooners are my team.

PDTsooner
10/16/2006, 03:53 PM
I think it will help in the long run. There is too much hype around a star player and it creates drama. Lets focus on the team and see together what they can accomplish... I am very sad he was hurt and will leave for the NFL next year but I think we can still kick some ***.

j_s_ou_1
10/16/2006, 04:03 PM
OU can do fine without peterson, look at stoops record without him. Forget the fact those are completely different teams. We're gonna kill everyone cause that is our right and when anyone bad mouths us like we do them, they are just rude and completely out of line. Sooner Magic is great....this year we haven't had any, so it's a conspiracy. We love calls going our way and would never give up an unearned win, but we better make every team that plays us that gets good calls do it. Seriously, you wonder why people cant wait to take shots at ou fans, it's because they are the biggest hypocrites to walk the face of the earth. You do whatever you want in bad mouthing other teams and cheating them from wins, but when its the other way around, it's so wrong. Get a grip and I hope you enjoy the rest of your season.....and like somebody said, thank god it wasn't thompson that went down.....idiots.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/16/2006, 04:04 PM
Would you say this team is superior to last year? I would Stoops has a track record without Peterson and THIS team

Ash
10/16/2006, 04:07 PM
OU can do fine without peterson, look at stoops record without him. Forget the fact those are completely different teams. We're gonna kill everyone cause that is our right and when anyone bad mouths us like we do them, they are just rude and completely out of line. Sooner Magic is great....this year we haven't had any, so it's a conspiracy. We love calls going our way and would never give up an unearned win, but we better make every team that plays us that gets good calls do it. Seriously, you wonder why people cant wait to take shots at ou fans, it's because they are the biggest hypocrites to walk the face of the earth. You do whatever you want in bad mouthing other teams and cheating them from wins, but when its the other way around, it's so wrong. Get a grip and I hope you enjoy the rest of your season.....and like somebody said, thank god it wasn't thompson that went down.....idiots.

Son of NickZepp?

TopDawg
10/16/2006, 04:37 PM

If you hurry, you can post this in every thread on the front page before you get banned.

picasso
10/16/2006, 04:41 PM
If you hurry, you can post this in every thread on the front page before you have to go back to your cell for lights out and spincther party time.

fixed.

Beef
10/16/2006, 04:42 PM
Son of NickZepp?
That would mean that he got some action, so I doubt it.

Ash
10/16/2006, 04:43 PM
That would mean that he got some action, so I doubt it.

:D :D :D

SoonerJason
10/16/2006, 04:45 PM
Roll with the punches.. 0-12 and I'll still be fan living every play like if I was on the field.

If your not.. they can use some love in stillwater.

soonerloyal
10/16/2006, 07:06 PM
We're still Oklahoma Sooners - what's to whine about?

It's all good.

freshchris05
10/16/2006, 08:04 PM
Bomar gets caught breaking the rules and leaves school...I remember another so called future stud leaving OU...I saw him last night on the sidelines at the Utah/Boise State game (didn't look like he was doing too much).

Marcus Dupree is a coach at Utah?? jk

yeah i get what you mean... every one should suck it up and stop getting all chicken little... OU will finish strong without peterson... even if we lose here on out(which we wont) there is still alot to cheer and be proud about besides its not like OU wins a NC every year we arent bama...

freshchris05
10/16/2006, 08:05 PM
Roll with the punches.. 0-12 and I'll still be fan living every play like if I was on the field.

If your not.. they can use some love in stillwater.

hell yea! 0-12 and i'm still talkin sh*t

StoopTroup
10/16/2006, 08:12 PM
I call BS on the 0-12.

No way.

Unless of course they start selling beer inside the Stadium...then I'm in. :D