PDA

View Full Version : OU-Missouri gametime at 11 a.m.

The Maestro
10/16/2006, 02:12 PM
Just saw it on soonersports.com. Honestly, I think that is a good thing for us. We don't want a night game there due to fans getting too rowdy. They'll still be waking up when we roll into town and surprise them.

j_s_ou_1
10/16/2006, 02:15 PM
Without Peterson, they have no reason as of this moment to do anything but defend the pass. Another bad thing, our d HAS to play like it did the first half against Texas. If they play like any other half this year, we're screwed.

Boomer.....
10/16/2006, 02:26 PM
Without Peterson, they have no reason as of this moment to do anything but defend the pass. Another bad thing, our d HAS to play like it did the first half against Texas. If they play like any other half this year, we're screwed.

How about how they played against MTSU? I guess they were horrible then too, huh.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 02:43 PM
I think Mizery is kinda overrated. They're running a bit of a gimmick offense (although they're doing an ok job of it). Their win against the Sand Aggies has been exposed after seeing what CU did them.

j_s_ou_1
10/16/2006, 02:48 PM
How about how they played against MTSU? I guess they were horrible then too, huh.
Like we always say about Texas' and OSU's opponents, they were a cupcake. If we take our own advice and look at the good teams we've played, our d hasn't been the winning team vs the other offense.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 02:51 PM
It's Mizery. I'll nevar fear Mizery.

IronSooner
10/16/2006, 03:02 PM
I'm all for it. Gives me some time to catch the game and pop on over to St Louis for the evening.

picasso
10/16/2006, 03:04 PM
we did ok last year without Peterson and we're better now than then.

j_s_ou_1
10/16/2006, 03:39 PM
Yeah, and do you think we have last year's team now? Last year without Peterson would clobber this year's team without him.

picasso
10/16/2006, 03:45 PM
Yeah, and do you think we have last year's team now? Last year without Peterson would clobber this year's team without him.
it would? you're obviously very knowledgeable about the game of foosball.

you've also said nothing but negative things about OU on this site for a self described OU fan.

and I'm glad you think I'm rude.

:pop:

j_s_ou_1
10/16/2006, 03:46 PM
It's not negative if it's realistic. Bomar would run all over the defense we have now and if you think he wouldn't, you're the one that doesn't know about football.

oKOIhoma fan
10/16/2006, 03:47 PM
Do you know if it will be a regional or national broadcast?

picasso
10/16/2006, 03:49 PM
It's not negative if it's realistic. Bomar would run all over the defense we have now and if you think he wouldn't, you're the one that doesn't know about football.
huh? the hell does Bomar have to do with it? is he playing against us or something? nice comparison there.

belch.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 03:49 PM
Trolly McTroll Troll.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 03:50 PM
So the season issssssssssssssss continuing.....I did not know that

j_s_ou_1
10/16/2006, 03:52 PM
huh? the hell does Bomar have to do with it? is he playing against us or something? nice comparison there.

belch.
You all but called me an idiot and said I didn't know football for saying last year's OU team could beat this one. So I said Bomar would run all over the team we have this year.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 03:56 PM
So the season issssssssssssssss continuing.....I did not know that

Not true my friend. They're levelling the stadium as we speak. They're putting in a Starbucks, a Quiktrip and a miniature golf course.

Boomer.....
10/16/2006, 03:59 PM
I think that ENA has done a pretty damn good job running the offense this year. Bomar started out REALLY slow and didn't start coming around until this time last year. I don't have the time to look up numbers, but I would bet that ENA's are the same if not better.

j_s_ou_1
10/16/2006, 04:01 PM
OU can do fine without peterson, look at stoops record without him. Forget the fact those are completely different teams. We're gonna kill everyone cause that is our right and when anyone bad mouths us like we do them, they are just rude and completely out of line. Sooner Magic is great....this year we haven't had any, so it's a conspiracy. We love calls going our way and would never give up an unearned win, but we better make every team that plays us that gets good calls do it. Seriously, you wonder why people cant wait to take shots at ou fans, it's because they are the biggest hypocrites to walk the face of the earth. You do whatever you want in bad mouthing other teams and cheating them from wins, but when its the other way around, it's so wrong. Get a grip and I hope you enjoy the rest of your season.....and like somebody said, thank god it wasn't thompson that went down.....idiots.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 04:19 PM
OU can do fine without peterson, look at stoops record without him. Forget the fact those are completely different teams. We're gonna kill everyone cause that is our right and when anyone bad mouths us like we do them, they are just rude and completely out of line. Sooner Magic is great....this year we haven't had any, so it's a conspiracy. We love calls going our way and would never give up an unearned win, but we better make every team that plays us that gets good calls do it. Seriously, you wonder why people cant wait to take shots at ou fans, it's because they are the biggest hypocrites to walk the face of the earth. You do whatever you want in bad mouthing other teams and cheating them from wins, but when its the other way around, it's so wrong. Get a grip and I hope you enjoy the rest of your season.....and like somebody said, thank god it wasn't thompson that went down.....idiots.

Are you being sarcastic?

picasso
10/16/2006, 04:21 PM
Are you being sarcastic?
nope, he does need to make a paragraph now and then though.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 04:23 PM
nope, he does need to make a paragraph now and then though.

I stopped after "ou will be fine"

j_s_ou_1
10/16/2006, 04:23 PM
Are you being sarcastic?
That's exactly the attitude. We're better than everyone because we were able to cheat and get titles for it. Remember, OSU will ALWAYS have more National Titles than ou. That's even counting the ou mens gymnastics titles.....talk about menudo.

picasso
10/16/2006, 04:26 PM
That's exactly the attitude. We're better than everyone because we were able to cheat and get titles for it. Remember, OSU will ALWAYS have more National Titles than ou. That's even counting the ou mens gymnastics titles.....talk about menudo.
titles in what exactly? did you know nothing is bigger in this state than OU football?

did you know in reality you oSu fans would give yer left nut for a football title? probably even just a conference title?
did you know you self described best fans in the conference were never heard from until you actully beat ou in football?

you suck and you play 2nd fiddle to OU, always have and always will. regardless of all of thos golfing anf wrassling titles you accumulate.

and lastly, the best football era you ever had was in the mid 80's and you TOO were some cheatin sumbitches.

belch.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 04:28 PM
talk about menudo.

sorry dont know much about them...or WHAM either..

yermom
10/16/2006, 04:32 PM
I think that ENA has done a pretty damn good job running the offense this year. Bomar started out REALLY slow and didn't start coming around until this time last year. I don't have the time to look up numbers, but I would bet that ENA's are the same if not better.

not even close... it was 4 games into the season before Rhett threw for a TD

ENA already has as many TDs as Bomar did all of last season

the Offense is light years ahead of where it was last year... i'm not sure about the Defense

jwlynn64
10/16/2006, 04:33 PM

Texas has a total of 228 yards on offense and somehow the defense is labled bad.

We were miserable the first three games on D (at times) but have now put together three really solid games.

Turnovers (5 for us, none for them) and penalties killed us against Texas offensively. Our O put the D in pretty difficult positions in that third quarter and they were on the field a lot. I'm actually pretty proud of the way the D played that day. Going into the game, if someone told me that Texas was going to score 21 total points on offense, I would have rushed to a bookie to place a bet on OU.

MTSU and ISU were pretty dominant. 0 offensive points for MTSU and 7 for ISU. I consider that pretty good D.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 04:35 PM
HEY The JSOU1 guy wants to know if anyone can discuss Menudo or WHAM in a private chat room somewhere....LET HIM KNOW ASAP

ADs_Agent
10/16/2006, 04:38 PM

are we counting animal felatio championships in our national title numbers? I know we are counting homo-erotic male rolling (wrestling), but if we count animal lust, there is no way OU ever catches Oklahoma SheepHumpers University.

jwlynn64
10/16/2006, 04:39 PM
Sorry, I only discuss New Kids on the Block! ;)

ADs_Agent
10/16/2006, 04:40 PM

hey remember Dexter Manley, and the sanctions that Okie State got? Funny thing is, yall were throwing cash and free grades at players and still couldn't win a national title, hilarious.

The Maestro
10/16/2006, 04:41 PM
hey remember Dexter Manley, and the sanctions that Okie State got? Funny thing is, yall were throwing cash and free grades at players and still couldn't win a national title, hilarious.

Or beat OU.

picasso
10/16/2006, 04:43 PM
hey remember Dexter Manley, and the sanctions that Okie State got? Funny thing is, yall were throwing cash and free grades at players and still couldn't win a conference title, hilarious.

fixed.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 04:45 PM
Or beat OU.

not even with a 2500 yard and 39 touchdown producing runningback

The Maestro
10/16/2006, 05:22 PM
not even with a 2500 yard and 39 touchdown producing runningback

Nothing but love for Barry Sanders, but he didn't even have the best game as a running back that day. Mike Gaddis did. Maybe if Barry could have kept that five yard lead he had on DB Jerry Parks. Parks was quick with the feet...and the gun on Zarak Peters.

Big Red Ron
10/16/2006, 05:34 PM
The twerp is baned and he's still here. Funny.

picasso
10/16/2006, 06:01 PM
The oSu fan with phallus envy who really wishes his team could be OU is baned and he's still here. Funny.

fixed.

Jdog
10/16/2006, 07:53 PM
Wish it was a night game so we didn't have to deal with that after lunch nap in the 3rd quarter.

Sooner_Bob
10/16/2006, 07:55 PM

I'm so glad you chose to join our fair site less than a week ago. I don't know how we've made it so long without your wisdom.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank.

You.

colleyvillesooner
10/16/2006, 07:57 PM
he can't hear you. he's baned. :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/16/2006, 09:47 PM
We can still make fun of him though!

OKC-SLC
10/16/2006, 11:09 PM
Not true my friend. They're levelling the stadium as we speak. They're putting in a Starbucks, a Quiktrip and a miniature golf course.
Putt-Putt rmfo.

85sooners
10/17/2006, 12:25 AM
Without Peterson, they have no reason as of this moment to do anything but defend the pass. Another bad thing, our d HAS to play like it did the first half against Texas. If they play like any other half this year, we're screwed. fu sir:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2006, 01:12 AM
Crap...Once again the drinking will start at 9 my time...looks like I'll be napping again at 1!

oKOIhoma fan
10/17/2006, 05:26 AM
Is the game national or regional?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/17/2006, 09:18 AM
I think Mizery is kinda overrated. They're running a bit of a gimmick offense (although they're doing an ok job of it). Their win against the Sand Aggies has been exposed after seeing what CU did them.

I think they are probably a little overrated but it will still be a tough game to win. Daniel is a good QB and their TEs are tough to defend. Temple, their RB is fast but will fumble if you breathe on him. They will have some success but the offense is totally finesse. I bet 80% of their runs are outside the tackles. Their defense has good team speed but you can push them around. I do think this is the single game that we will miss AD the most.

Gary Pinkel would also rather eat rat poison than make a halftime adjustment too.

They are Mizzou, they will probably play us tough for 3 1/2 quarters and then find a way to lose.