PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota school principal kills kittens - execution style!!!

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 01:18 PM
Okay, this one chaps me big time. So this Minnesota school principal shoots two kittens at his school to KEEP THEM FROM STARVING. HELLO!!!
It's called "SO FEED THEM!!!" I'm not believing this. He could face felony gun charges!! Uh... yeah. With all of the violence problems associated with schools today, this jackhat is toting a gun at school and shooting kittens? Sweet jebus, deliver me. The article goes on to say "no one was in any danger" - yeah - except THE KITTENS!!! Oh my aching arse!!:eek:

KABOOKIE
10/16/2006, 01:21 PM
Did he use a .22 or a shotgun?

Viking Kitten
10/16/2006, 01:21 PM
Some student at that school was wanking it big time.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 01:22 PM
:dean:Heh./:dean:

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 01:23 PM
Did he use a .22 or a shotgun?
it makes a difference? He shot two little cute cuddly furballs for goodness sake!!

SicEmBaylor
10/16/2006, 01:24 PM
We had a Baylor President resign for killing a puppy dog during chapel service.
It was back when the entire student body had weekly chapel service together ministered by the university president.

Well, as a joke some of the students put this yapping little puppy inside of the lectern. During the sermon this thing keeps yapping so finally the president looks for the noise and finds the little puppy.

He was really really ****ed off so he walked over to the window (this is on the 3rd floor of Old Main) and throws the dog right out the window instantly killing it. He was forced to resign not too long after the incident.

Oldnslo
10/16/2006, 01:24 PM
it makes a difference? He shot two little cute cuddly furballs for goodness sake!!
Of course it makes a difference! One makes for a much bigger cloud of fur than the other.

I'm going to hell.

LilSooner
10/16/2006, 01:26 PM
That dude is going to burn in hell for what he did. I have a cat and she will be my very last, but damn I'm sure he could have found a home for them.

KABOOKIE
10/16/2006, 01:26 PM

Yeah. .22's make 'em jump high in the air and they flop around a lot. The bullet also has a higher probability of ricocheting and endangering others.

Shotguns on the other hand just turn 'em into a big gooey mess.

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 01:27 PM
Of course it makes a difference! One makes for a much bigger cloud of fur than the other.

I'm going to hell.
You have just been reported to the SPCA little mister!:mad:

yermom
10/16/2006, 01:28 PM
Some student at that school was wanking it big time.

that's what i thought this thread was about :O

KABOOKIE
10/16/2006, 01:31 PM
That dude is going to burn in hell for what he did. I have a cat and she will be my very last, but damn I'm sure he could have found a home for them.

Going to hell for taking out one of Satan's creatures? I don't think so. Now killing a dog......

SoonerBK
10/16/2006, 01:35 PM
People, animals do not have feelings. It's OK

NormanPride
10/16/2006, 01:39 PM
You think he enjoyed it? At least it was quick and painless. I respect people that can make the tough decision. I do, however, think he could have found them a home of some sort. It's a school for goodness' sake!

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 01:49 PM
You think he enjoyed it? At least it was quick and painless. I respect people that can make the tough decision. I do, however, think he could have found them a home of some sort. It's a school for goodness' sake!
quick and painless? For who? Certainly not for the kittens. Quick?? - maybe - painless??? - I imagine being shot is pretty painful.

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 01:50 PM
and you know this.......how?

LilSooner
10/16/2006, 01:53 PM

Your a moron. :mad:

crawfish
10/16/2006, 01:54 PM
My grandfather used to kill kittens by smashing their little heads with a hammer. Rural Arkansas thing, I guess.

We ended up with a kitten when my wife found out. :eek:

Preservation Parcels
10/16/2006, 01:59 PM
All he had to do was let the students take them home or take them to the SPCA. What was he thinking? Sheesh!

SicEmBaylor
10/16/2006, 02:02 PM
All he had to do was let the students take them home or take them to the SPCA. What was he thinking? Sheesh!

I bet their parents would be thrilled.

NormanPride
10/16/2006, 02:03 PM
quick and painless? For who? Certainly not for the kittens. Quick?? - maybe - painless??? - I imagine being shot is pretty painful.

That's about as good as it gets, really. A hell of a lot better than starving to death, IMO. Still, I think he could have saved them.

mdklatt
10/16/2006, 02:08 PM
He was really really ****ed off so he walked over to the window (this is on the 3rd floor of Old Main) and throws the dog right out the window instantly killing it.

Being thrown out the window wasn't what killed it....

SicEmBaylor
10/16/2006, 02:12 PM
Being thrown out the window wasn't what killed it....

The window was closed j/k
No, the implication was it was instantly killed..............when it hit the ground.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 02:15 PM
I bet their parents would be thrilled.

I'd be happier if my kid were being led by a principal who thought to try and give the cats away rather than to shoot them. The cats. Not the kids. See I want the kids not to shot and the cats given away. Not shot. Either one of them that is. I'm retarded.

SicEmBaylor
10/16/2006, 02:20 PM
I'd be happier if my kid were being led by a principal who thought to try and give the cats away rather than to shoot them. The cats. Not the kids. See I want the kids not to shot and the cats given away. Not shot. Either one of them that is. I'm retarded.

I like cats a hell of a lot more than I like kids and I sure don't like cats very much...

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 02:22 PM
I like cats a hell of a lot more than I like kids and I sure don't like cats very much...

Are you off your meds?

SicEmBaylor
10/16/2006, 02:28 PM
Are you off your meds?

There's not a med in the world that could get me to like kids.
I've always been told by everyone that I'd love my own kids, but I'm not too sure about that.

SelmaBamaFan
10/16/2006, 02:28 PM
Geez, he should have just drowned them. Then no one on this board would have gave a damn.

1stTimeCaller
10/16/2006, 02:29 PM
cats are the new babies and feti(fetsusesss)

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 02:31 PM
There's not a med in the world that could get me to like kids.
I've always been told by everyone that I'd love my own kids, but I'm not too sure about that.

People who say that must have never been a kid.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 02:32 PM
cats are the new babies and feti(fetsusesss)

I'm cooking cat-sserole for dinner. Wanna come over?

1stTimeCaller
10/16/2006, 02:33 PM
I'll bring the merlot

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 02:37 PM
:les:No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any ****ing Merlot!

KABOOKIE
10/16/2006, 02:38 PM
How do you shoot a kitten execution style? I can never get the blindfold to stay on.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 02:44 PM
How do you shoot a kitten execution style? I can never get the blindfold to stay on.

Staples.

Duh.

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 07:28 PM
I vote that we arm all kittens! That'll fix those cat wackin' school principal bastages!!

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6366/36my4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

GottaHavePride
10/16/2006, 08:04 PM
You feed the cats and all of a sudden you have stray cats running all over your school. Cats without shots. And then you get sued the first time one of the students gets clawed by the cat and/or gets rabies. Feeding the cats and keeping them around is NOT a viable option. Now granted, calling Animal Control would be a better solution, but really - what's Animal Control going to do with them anyway? Might as well just cut out the middleman.

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 08:20 PM
You feed the cats and all of a sudden you have stray cats running all over your school. Cats without shots. And then you get sued the first time one of the students gets clawed by the cat and/or gets rabies. Feeding the cats and keeping them around is NOT a viable option. Now granted, calling Animal Control would be a better solution, but really - what's Animal Control going to do with them anyway? Might as well just cut out the middleman.
what are you trying to do GHP? throw some logic into this trauma?? geez Louise..:D

afs
10/16/2006, 08:46 PM
this thread reminds me of bonzai kitten (http://www.bonsaikitten.com).

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/210000/210259gLOK_w.jpg

Czar Soonerov
10/16/2006, 08:54 PM
I saw this story this morning, opted not to post it cause I couldn't come up with a title that didn't sound like he was evicting the testicular squatters(killing kittens).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15266666/
Principal quits after shooting kittens at school

Minnesota man says he didn’t want them to suffer; could face charges

INDUS, Minn. - A school principal has resigned and could face felony firearm charges after he shot and killed two orphaned kittens on school property last month.

Wade Pilloud, who resigned as principal of the K-12 Indus school, 40 miles west of International Falls, said he shot the kittens to spare them from starving to death after their mother was killed in an animal trap.

Pilloud said the shooting, which occurred on school grounds, endangered no one.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement
Click here!

"I have bred cats, and I currently own two myself," he wrote Friday in an e-mail to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "I am not a cat hater. I did not want the animals to suffer."

The incident happened Sept. 21, and several students still on the grounds for after-school activities heard the shots.

"There were parents who felt, apparently some rather strongly, that there were concerns about the safety of their children," said Joseph Flynn, an attorney for the South Koochiching/Rainy River School District. "The district's position is that safety was not compromised."

John Mastin, acting sheriff in Koochiching County, said Pilloud could be charged with felony possession of a firearm on school property and reckless discharge of a firearm, a misdemeanor.

County Attorney Jennifer Hasbargen said Friday that the case was under review.

Mastin said the shooting put no one in danger but said Pilloud used "poor discretion and poor timing," especially amid the growing fear of gun violence in schools.

The district put Pilloud on administrative leave after the incident. Flynn said Pilloud agreed to an undisclosed settlement and resigned.

GottaHavePride
10/16/2006, 08:54 PM
Live Chicken In a Can!

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 08:59 PM
"I did not want the animals to suffer."
That line is a gem. I don't want them to suffer, so i'll shoot the crap out of them. You gotta watch these school principals - some of them don't have a lick of sense!!:D

Czar Soonerov
10/16/2006, 09:23 PM
http://www.lovethatfun.com/Sleepy_Kitten/959/

C&CDean
10/16/2006, 09:33 PM
"I did not want the animals to suffer."
That line is a gem. I don't want them to suffer, so i'll shoot the crap out of them. You gotta watch these school principals - some of them don't have a lick of sense!!:D

I was already on the side of the principal, and after reading the article, am even more so.

Have any of you been to International Falls, MN? Do you know that it's already way below freezing up there? This guy is righteous, and all you people wanna do is lambast him.

I've killed many, MANY animals "execution" style. Your heart hurts. But you're man enough to do it because it needs to be done. The world is full of cowardly **********s who will bitch about somebody who does something like this. I say "go **** yourself."

And if a single one of you says "he should have found them homes" yet didn't go up there immediately and volunteer to care for those cats, then STFU. I swear, some of you are out of touch.

Sooner_Bob
10/16/2006, 09:39 PM
psychobabble man . . . all psychobabble.

Poppin' them one in the head was way better than feeding them to his dogs.

John Kochtoston
10/16/2006, 09:39 PM
Have any of you been to International Falls, MN? Do you know that it's already way below freezing up there? This guy is righteous, and all you people wanna do is lambast him.

Lived there for a year. Really enjoyed it for the most part, but 35 below sucks, no matter where you are.

C&CDean
10/16/2006, 09:44 PM
Lived there for a year. Really enjoyed it for the most part, but 35 below sucks, no matter where you are.

International Falls. 10 months of winter, and 2 months of really ****ty ice fishing.....

BeetDigger
10/16/2006, 09:45 PM
My grandfather used to kill kittens by smashing their little heads with a hammer. Rural Arkansas thing, I guess.

We ended up with a kitten when my wife found out. :eek:

Was his head all caved in?

Jackal
10/16/2006, 09:46 PM
I was already on the side of the principal, and after reading the article, am even more so.

I've killed many, MANY animals "execution" style. Your heart hurts. But you're man enough to do it because it needs to be done. The world is full of cowardly **********s who will bitch about somebody who does something like this. I say "go **** yourself."

And if a single one of you says "he should have found them homes" yet didn't go up there immediately and volunteer to care for those cats, then STFU. I swear, some of you are out of touch.

He should have turned the kittens into a Animal Shelter or did what he did without letting anyone know about it. I don't have a problem shooting a suffering animal out of mercy but this wasn't so, you are the one out of touch.

royalfan5
10/16/2006, 09:49 PM
This thread reminds me of the time my mom beat a possum to death with a crowbar when I was little. That would have been excessive for a kitten however.

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 09:53 PM

Uh Oh -you done opened the whole can.
I couldn't begin to tell you how many cats/kittens/puppies/dogs I have adopted in my lifetime. At one time I had 26 cats and 4 dogs - yes, all at one time. So I'm not a cowardly ****ing bitcher!! I've done my civic duty and then some. Nope, I'm not out of touch at all Dean. I wonder if Mr. jerkoff principal even attempted to find a home for them. In a school that is K through 12 you don't think that he could have found homes for two kittens? I'll betcha he could have. And if not, he could have gone to the local vet and put up a notice on the bulletin board. Been there and done that. You call it cowardly to NOT shoot a little kitten? Give me a break!! Shooting is the easy way out. We need less shooting, and more people stepping up to the bat and assuming a little responsibility by being compassionate, caring and yes, even maybe having to sacrifice some. Sorry, but this hits a nerve with me big time.:mad:

1stTimeCaller
10/16/2006, 09:59 PM
He should have turned the kittens into a Animal Shelter or did what he did without letting anyone know about it. I don't have a problem shooting a suffering animal out of mercy but this wasn't so, you are the one out of touch.

so they can put the animals down? All of you folks that think he should have turned then in to the pound or found them a home need to go out tomorrow and adopt a pet from the pound.

C&CDean
10/16/2006, 10:05 PM
Uh Oh -you done opened the whole can.
I couldn't begin to tell you how many cats/kittens/puppies/dogs I have adopted in my lifetime. At one time I had 26 cats and 4 dogs - yes, all at one time. So I'm not a cowardly ****ing bitcher!! I've done my civic duty and then some. Nope, I'm not out of touch at all Dean. I wonder if Mr. jerkoff principal even attempted to find a home for them. In a school that is K through 12 you don't think that he could have found homes for two kittens? I'll betcha he could have. And if not, he could have gone to the local vet and put up a notice on the bulletin board. Been there and done that. You call it cowardly to NOT shoot a little kitten? Give me a break!! Shooting is the easy way out. We need less shooting, and more people stepping up to the bat and assuming a little responsibility by being compassionate, caring and yes, even maybe having to sacrifice some. Sorry, but this hits a nerve with me big time.:mad:

B.O.O. H.O.O.

You obviously have no clue what it's like to get stray animals dumped on your place every week by people who are thinking they're doing the humane thing. I talked to a guy once who the neighbor said dumped some puppies and you know what he said? He said "in my mind, my conscience is clear. I left healthy puppies out there, and I know somebody with kids would come along and take care of them or something. If I took them to the pound, I'd know they would get killed. Out here they at least have a chance." A chance? Puppies and kittens have NO chance of surviving the woods.

And if you think shooting a puppy or kitten is "the easy way out" then try it some day. You'll find that sitting up at WalMart for a month solid trying to give them away, or hauling them from one shelter to another and being told "sorry, we're full" is much easier on your soul than pulling the trigger on a little guy wimpering looking up at you with sad eyes. Trust me, it's tough.

If anybody has anger towards somebody on this board, it should be towards people who dump animals, people who won't spay/neuter their animals, and people who rip others for euthanizing them when they need to be euthanized.

If you shoot a cat or dog for sport then you're the lowest form of life on this planet. If you shoot a dog or cat (or any other suffering animal) out of neccessity, then you're simply being responsible. And "suffering" doesn't mean that exact moment when they're being all cuddly and cute. It means 24/7. It means "how long will this animal survive without human intervention."

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 10:19 PM
B.O.O. H.O.O.

You obviously have no clue what it's like to get stray animals dumped on your place every week by people who are thinking they're doing the humane thing. I talked to a guy once who the neighbor said dumped some puppies and you know what he said? He said "in my mind, my conscience is clear. I left healthy puppies out there, and I know somebody with kids would come along and take care of them or something. If I took them to the pound, I'd know they would get killed. Out here they at least have a chance." A chance? Puppies and kittens have NO chance of surviving the woods.

And if you think shooting a puppy or kitten is "the easy way out" then try it some day. You'll find that sitting up at WalMart for a month solid trying to give them away, or hauling them from one shelter to another and being told "sorry, we're full" is much easier on your soul than pulling the trigger on a little guy wimpering looking up at you with sad eyes. Trust me, it's tough.

If anybody has anger towards somebody on this board, it should be towards people who dump animals, people who won't spay/neuter their animals, and people who rip others for euthanizing them when they need to be euthanized.

If you shoot a cat or dog for sport then you're the lowest form of life on this planet. If you shoot a dog or cat (or any other suffering animal) out of neccessity, then you're simply being responsible. And "suffering" doesn't mean that exact moment when they're being all cuddly and cute. It means 24/7. It means "how long will this animal survive without human intervention."
back it up there hoss fly -
you think i don't know about having animals dumped on my property? How in the heck do you think i ended up with 26 cats and 4 dogs for crying out loud.
I will admit, you must have bigger ones than me, because there is no way on God's green earth that I could pull a trigger on a kitty/cat/puppy/dog, etc. that looked at me whimpering with sad eyes or otherwise. I like to shoot guns, but not at anything living. So, no thank you - I have no desire to try it. I'll take them all in before I would ever do that. And yeah, i have a big problem with people who dump off their animals on others. I agree with you 100% on that one. Why people get animals who don't want them and won't care for them, I'll never know. Of course there are a lot of people who don't even care about their children, so why should it surprise me that they don't take care of their animals. You and I are coming from two totally different places, and I don't imagine we would ever agree on this. I'm assuming you live in the country, or on a farm or something and well, your way of living (or dying) is different from mine. I do have a big problem with a school principal who brings his gun to school and wacks kittens. I sure hope it didn't happen during school hours. If so, he's even a bigger SOB.

C&CDean
10/16/2006, 10:25 PM
So, what you're saying is you're one of those psycho cat ladies with hair all over you, cat **** all over your place, and the smell of cat *** permeating your pores?

Taking in 26 strays is not really a noble thing to do. It borders on crazy. I'm just sayin'.... And I've euthanized them without guns. Guns ain't got anything to do with it.

Soonrboy
10/16/2006, 10:26 PM
Hey soonerbabe, I'm a principal...I've got kids going home to no meals except the ones we give them at school...I've got kids going home to no electricity. I've got 5th graders taking care of their little brothers/sisters all night, and then getting them up and back to school in the morning. I've got kids who sicko parents think they're a sex toy...I've got kids who are punching bags for the grown-ups in their lives...

Where's the outrage for them?

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 10:30 PM
Hey soonerbabe, I'm a principal...I've got kids going home to no meals except the ones we give them at school...I've got kids going home to no electricity. I've got 5th graders taking care of their little brothers/sisters all night, and then getting them up and back to school in the morning. I've got kids who sicko parents think they're a sex toy...I've got kids who are punching bags for the grown-ups in their lives...

Where's the outrage for them?
hey soonrboy - guess what? I'm a school principal too!!
oh i've got all kinds of outrage for those kind of kids. However, we are talking about wacking kittens here. The abuse of children needs a thread all of its own. Maybe we should start one sometime.

Soonerbabeinbama
10/16/2006, 10:35 PM
So, what you're saying is you're one of those psycho cat ladies with hair all over you, cat **** all over your place, and the smell of cat *** permeating your pores?

Taking in 26 strays is not really a noble thing to do. It borders on crazy. I'm just sayin'.... And I've euthanized them without guns. Guns ain't got anything to do with it.

Sticks and stones Dean, sticks and stones. If it makes you feel better to bash me because I am compassionate, knock yourself out bud.

I think taking in 26 stray cats is a damn noble thing to do. What borders on crazy is sucking the life out of innocent little creatures.

C&CDean
10/16/2006, 10:42 PM
Sticks and stones Dean, sticks and stones. If it makes you feel better to bash me because I am compassionate, knock yourself out bud.

I think taking in 26 stray cats is a damn noble thing to do. What borders on crazy is sucking the life out of innocent little creatures.

Being a sucker for cute doesn't make you passionate. I've taken in tons of strays over my life. I'm just at a point now where I've learned that "saving" strays is in most cases more cruel - in the long run - than dispatching them.

Exactly what are you gonna do with 26 cats? Does you taking them in prevent them from suffering down the road? Does you taking them in interfere with your life with other humanoids? I'm thinking most people would be freaked out by 26 felines running around the place.

And I have never once "sucked the life out of an innocent little creature." I kill them quickly and humanely rather than slowly of starvation/neglect/disease/trauma over the next year or so.

soonernation
10/16/2006, 10:46 PM
back it up there hoss fly -
you think i don't know about having animals dumped on my property? How in the heck do you think i ended up with 26 cats and 4 dogs for crying out loud.
I will admit, you must have bigger ones than me, because there is no way on God's green earth that I could pull a trigger on a kitty/cat/puppy/dog, etc. that looked at me whimpering with sad eyes or otherwise. I like to shoot guns, but not at anything living. So, no thank you - I have no desire to try it. I'll take them all in before I would ever do that. And yeah, i have a big problem with people who dump off their animals on others. I agree with you 100% on that one. Why people get animals who don't want them and won't care for them, I'll never know. Of course there are a lot of people who don't even care about their children, so why should it surprise me that they don't take care of their animals. You and I are coming from two totally different places, and I don't imagine we would ever agree on this. I'm assuming you live in the country, or on a farm or something and well, your way of living (or dying) is different from mine. I do have a big problem with a school principal who brings his gun to school and wacks kittens. I sure hope it didn't happen during school hours. If so, he's even a bigger SOB.

Do you think it's OK to euthanize a dog or cat that has no chance at living without pain? I have friends who have taken their long time family pet to the middle of nowhere and shot him/her because they knew it was the best thing to do. I couldn't do it but I don't blame those who can. To me there is no difference between them putting the dog down and taking them to the vet. I don't have a problem with what this guy did. He should have just kept his mouth shut.

LilSooner
10/16/2006, 11:02 PM
There is no way in hell that I could put down an animal. The vet wanted to put down our 15 year old ****zu because supposedly his kidneys were failing. My mom was blubbering like an idiot. The dog had been pretty unresponsive all day and the vet was really pushing her to do it.

I took one look at the dog and said over my dead body. Now a lot of you are probably think I'm just a selfish yainch, but I will have you know that dog is up running around humping anything that moves. We know he is going to go one day, but that wasn't the day. Vets are wrong people are wrong. Not all animals need to be put out of their missery just because at first glance we think they need to be.

Dean your gonna disagree with me and that's ok. Everyone who knows me, knows that I just can't stand to see a animal that is hurt or unloved. All of my animals have been dumped and I'm proud to say that I had to pay for a dog, donations yes, paid no.

People who don't spay or nueter their animals don't deserve to have them. People who don't take care of their responsibilities suck. This Principal sucked why in the hell does he have a firearm on school property anyways. I don't care if it's 35 below someone would have taken those cats. So what their mom died in a trap. Two of my dogs came from a pack of 5 and their mother died when they were 2 weeks old. My mom and I fed those little bastards every day until they were strong enough to eat on their own. Now we did lose 2 to something that they picked up at the vet but the other three are now a part of the family and are the best dogs we have ever had.

C&CDean
10/16/2006, 11:07 PM
Lil,

The principal was packing heat to protect himself from the students. DOH.

And I'm with you on the no-suffering part. I love my animals. I love the strays people dump. I cuddle them. I feed/water them if they're hungry or thirsty. But over the years I've learned that I can't take them in, and nobody else wants them, and leaving them out there to keep my conscience clear is also very wrong. So, I love them enough to put them out of their future misery. And hate every second of it. But I sleep better at night knowing the little guys ain't suffering any more.

LilSooner
10/16/2006, 11:13 PM
Lil,

The principal was packing heat to protect himself from the students. DOH.

And I'm with you on the no-suffering part. I love my animals. I love the strays people dump. I cuddle them. I feed/water them if they're hungry or thirsty. But over the years I've learned that I can't take them in, and nobody else wants them, and leaving them out there to keep my conscience clear is also very wrong. So, I love them enough to put them out of their future misery. And hate every second of it. But I sleep better at night knowing the little guys ain't suffering any more.

Bastard little kids.

I know dean, I just can't. Rhino always says when I retire I should open up a shelter or daycare for dogs. The only problem with the whole shelter is that I would never ever be able to give them away. The best home is with me. Which is why I lived out in the country for so long.

soonernation
10/16/2006, 11:15 PM
There is no way in hell that I could put down an animal. The vet wanted to put down our 15 year old ****zu because supposedly his kidneys were failing. My mom was blubbering like an idiot. The dog had been pretty unresponsive all day and the vet was really pushing her to do it.

I took one look at the dog and said over my dead body. Now a lot of you are probably think I'm just a selfish yainch, but I will have you know that dog is up running around humping anything that moves.

I'm glad that your dog made it through but he is an exception. I had to take my 14 year old Husky to be put down. It was a SUCKY thing to do but she was in pain with no end in sight. She had cancer and there was nothing we could do to help her. I'll be damned if I'm going to have a dog that my entire family loved in pain just so we can have a few more days with her. Sometimes euthanizing a dog or cat is just the right thing to do.

LilSooner
10/16/2006, 11:26 PM
I'm glad that your dog made it through but he is an exception. I had to take my 14 year old Husky to be put down. It was a SUCKY thing to do but she was in pain with no end in sight. She had cancer and there was nothing we could do to help her. I'll be damned if I'm going to have a dog that my entire family loved in pain just so we can have a few more days with her. Sometimes euthanizing a dog or cat is just the right thing to do.

No and I completely agree. If the dog was in pain that's another completely entirely different story. Mom really fought thinking she was just being selfish by wanting him here. The dog on the other hand wasn't ready to go. I hate to sound weird but you can tell when a animal is ready to go. For people who think animals don't have feelings, come spend a day with mine. I have never seen more personality in a group of animals ever.

I have a freaking horses who give hugs people.

proud gonzo
10/17/2006, 12:15 AM

...wha?

BeetDigger
10/17/2006, 12:32 AM

I've heard about those. I thought that they only existed in Sweden.

Soonrboy
10/17/2006, 06:39 AM
hey soonrboy - guess what? I'm a school principal too!!
oh i've got all kinds of outrage for those kind of kids. However, we are talking about wacking kittens here. The abuse of children needs a thread all of its own. Maybe we should start one sometime.

Man, I was in a bad mood last night...didn't mean to attack on an off subject...sorry sbib...

Soonerbabeinbama
10/17/2006, 09:47 AM
Man, I was in a bad mood last night...didn't mean to attack on an off subject...sorry sbib...
Not a problem soonrboy. i guess i wasn't in a great mood myself. The SO is a good way to vent sometimes. I'm always up for an interesting debate though. Good for the soul. Believe it or not, my biggest fault is probably being too soft. I am compassionate for animals as well as people in need. I just don't believe that shooting is the answer. I think when death is impending, there are more humane ways. Just my opinion.

crawfish
10/17/2006, 09:48 AM
Was his head all caved in?

No, my grandpa was fine.

crawfish
10/17/2006, 09:54 AM

Hope you've had 'em fixed. :eek:

That would become 126 in no time flat.

KABOOKIE
10/17/2006, 09:59 AM
I've killed a cat just to watch it die......... :D

LilSooner
10/17/2006, 12:11 PM
...wha?

My horse Rebel will come up and wrap his head and neck around your body and squeeze.

He also knows when I'm in a ****y mood or upset because he won't let me leave the barn until I love on him some and get in a better mood. Seriously, the horse blocks the door and won't move until he gets some attention.

But this is also the horse that dragged around a dead christmas tree for 6 mo. He is a little weird.