PDA

View Full Version : CU vs oklah

buffalo1
10/16/2006, 11:49 AM
CU fans finally breathed a collective sigh of relief on Saturday after a fairly convincing win vs. ttech. The good news, in my opinion, is after the game coach Hawkins and the players are all business and working to continue improvement after such a dismal start to the season. I think the players and coaches enjoyed the win for about 20 minutes and then it was back to work.

I know little about okla this year other than they are good like always with good coaches and players. (I grew up in Iowa City and am quite familiar/impressed with the Stoops family).

I'm sad for adrians injury. I know that CU as a team is NOT allowing their defense to assume there will be any drop off. Sure, adrian is one of the best. However, many times a back up comes in and shines. Speaking of backups and ok, I recall when Detmer was hurt and the genius schnellenburger spouted off about not wanting a big win to be marred by an ** due to the backup Hessler playing. Well, I won't rehash more of that history, I think you are all glad schnell is gone.

CU had been fairly good vs. the run and questionable vs the pass. This past Saturday CU played quite well vs. the pass and may have the conferences leader in interceptions (Wheatley).

I think the game will be tough against an immensly talented okla team in a tough place to play. In spite of such a crappy start to a season, CU has avoided being blown out. I expect the same to be true this coming weekend.

n8v_ndn
10/16/2006, 12:04 PM
If the OU D that showed up in Dallas comes to play Saturday, we ought to handle the strength of your offense (running game). Meanwhile, I hope we don't play into your last 2 opponents' strength (spread passing attack) or we'll make it easy for the Buff D. Seems after ya'll cut your teeth preparing for Baylor's pass attack, you got the hang of it versus Texas Tech (5 turnovers?). Anyhow, here's to a hard fought Big XII game.

I sure miss those Buffalo Burgers on The Hill from my summers spent in Boulder for school.

sooner518
10/16/2006, 12:07 PM
I live in Denver now and we better not lose to the Buffs. Their offense has been pretty pathetic up until this last game. We just need to not turn the ball over (Im looking at you Allen Patrick)

yermom
10/16/2006, 12:10 PM
glad this one is in Norman...

Ike
10/16/2006, 12:13 PM
holy cow...how did he sneak schnellendrunkard past the board censors?

Pricetag
10/16/2006, 12:18 PM
holy cow...how did he sneak schnellendrunkard past the board censors?
He misspelled it.

Ike
10/16/2006, 12:20 PM
He misspelled it.
I know...I just thought that our mods, in their finite wisdom would have made common misspellings of it get censored too.

Rhino
10/16/2006, 01:23 PM
I can just see this guy typing out the title of this thread:

CU vs oklah....**** it, I'm tired of typing.

buffalo1
10/16/2006, 01:55 PM
So..... lovers of red... any other comments about the game?

CU's offense has been rather inept. But things clicked against ttech. I'm not sure what kind of guage ttech offers, but for CU, I'll take any kind of offensive improvement.

Also, kicker Mason Crosby appeard to be back in form--nailing two FGs 50+ yards.

jwlynn64
10/16/2006, 02:02 PM
Was the TT game in CO? If so, then don't expect the same type of yardage in OK.

If our D plays anywhere near it's level then points will be hard to come by for CU.

IMO, if we eliminate turnovers and get some production from the running game, then this will end up being a W for us.

If we turn the ball over and/or keep the defense on the field for long stretches then it could be a long game of OU.

SOONERKAT
10/16/2006, 02:50 PM
From what I know of CU football, I just hope the game does not come down to a Buff field goal. Crosby is for real. Tech's O has some serious holes in it and they have been exposed twice this year, but it still takes quite a deffensive effort to shut that team down for three quarters. That said, I hope that AP can hold on to that rock and move the pile or we are in for a long game, and an even longer season.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 02:52 PM
OU wins this game by 17.

SoonerJason
10/16/2006, 04:50 PM
PT bombs Kelly 4 TD's

count it ;)

sooner94
10/16/2006, 04:59 PM
Do I sense fear of a 1-5 team ? You have got to be kidding me...

Have you guys seen Col play?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 05:17 PM
14 points will be enough to win game

Big Red Ron
10/16/2006, 05:19 PM
42-3

sooner94
10/16/2006, 05:22 PM
42-3

Finally a voice of reason.

badger
10/16/2006, 07:57 PM
well, pt shined when what's his face left town. i guess it's time for him to rise and shine once again.

oh, and welcome to sf.com, buffy. if you are cordial, you can join our growing fanbase of non-sooner fans at sf.com.

freshchris05
10/16/2006, 08:12 PM
Also, kicker Mason Crosby appeard to be back in form--nailing two FGs 50+ yards.

i hope that isnt the bright spot of your offense... but 1-5? it may as well be... i wont take colorado lightly but i just dont think we can lose this... if patrick has fumble problems then that can be fixed with some duct tape and a little alcohol haven't you ever seen Friday Night Lights?

sooneron
10/16/2006, 08:39 PM
CU will come to play, but I think OUr offense will be on the field too much for them as the game wears on. Something like 13-7 at the half and then, 34 - 17 at game's end.

C&CDean
10/16/2006, 09:21 PM
I ain't even gonna respond to somebody who capitalizes cu, and then calls us "oklah." What's that on your chin fluff? That's right, it's my oklah sack.

OUstud
10/16/2006, 09:35 PM
OU 31 CU 3. Crosby nails a 70 yarder as time expires.

TrophyCollector
10/16/2006, 09:38 PM
OU 31 CU 3. Crosby nails a 70 yarder as time expires.

And Dan Hawkins then does a backflip at the 50.

badger
10/16/2006, 09:48 PM
dan hawkins then pokes curly in the eye for saying "nyuck, nyuck, they called you chumps."

And then, larry says "what'd you do that for?" and hawkins says "this!" and feeds larry a battery-powered marshmallow, which larry then throws at him, knocking him out.

suddenly, the field turns blue, and hawkins thinks he's back in boise state. but then he remembers that television isn't in color yet.

Crimsontothecore
10/16/2006, 09:53 PM
OU-34 cu-12
Patrick rushes for 80 and Gute goes for another 50 and the whole Sooner Nation stands up with mouths open in utter shock that we do indeed still have a ground game.

goingoneight
10/16/2006, 09:59 PM
AD runs for 300 yards

... on the sideline chasing Allen Patrick...

Egeo
10/16/2006, 11:16 PM
Do I sense fear of a 1-5 team ? You have got to be kidding me...

Have you guys seen Col play?
respect every opponent

the buffs took georgia to the wire
i think we'll win but its not guaranteed

sooner94
10/16/2006, 11:29 PM
Egeo- you are right, we can't overlook them. But this should be an easy win. Georgia has no O this year, so that's not really a good measuring stick. I think if we play average we win easily.

The line is 12, which seems low to me. Looks like the oddsmakers adjusted the line A LOT for AD's absence. I think we hold Col to 10, so can we score about 24 or more? I think so.

buffalo1
10/17/2006, 10:21 AM
CU has been a very bad team this year.
oklahoma should be very very embarassed if they somehow lose.

Big Red Ron
10/18/2006, 12:15 AM
CU has been a very bad team this year.
oklahoma should be very very embarassed if they somehow lose.We are embarassed every time we lose.

Blues1
10/18/2006, 01:18 AM
We are embarassed every time we lose.

Truer words were never spoken.....Our NEW 2006 Season Begins This Saturday....!!!! :)

R'

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/18/2006, 02:01 AM
I ain't even gonna respond to somebody who capitalizes cu, and then calls us "oklah." What's that on your chin fluff? That's right, it's my oklah sack.Hear here! Not a very friendly way for an outsider to ingratiate himself on this message board...but cu fans do have a reputation to overcome!

boomersooner28
10/18/2006, 06:20 AM
I think that OUr offense will be alot less predictable without AD, therefor opening up running lanes for our HB's and passing lanes for ENA. Since we don't have AD, we aren't gonna line up and try to pound the ball on 1st and 2nd down the entire second half, so CU could be in a bit of trouble.

OU - 35

CU - 13

OUmillenium
10/18/2006, 08:37 AM
So..... lovers of red... any other comments about the game?

CU's offense has been rather inept. But things clicked against ttech. I'm not sure what kind of guage ttech offers, but for CU, I'll take any kind of offensive improvement.

Red? We don't love Nebraska? Although we will pull for them this weekend.
:texan: sux