PDA

View Full Version : Buffaro Regs

TopDaugIn2000
10/16/2006, 08:47 AM
Saturday evening Mom and I went for manicures/pedicures at the little place at the mall (I've been going there occasionally now and have a "regular girl" that I request). Anyway, the girl that has been doing my manicures gave me a pedicure for the first time. After massaging my calves (which is OH SO GOOD) she slapped each one and said "BUFFARO!". I said "HUH?" And she said again "BUFFARO REGS! YOUR REGS STRONG RIKE BUFFARO!".

I GUESS I'll take that as a compliment and proof that my cycling is paying off. lol

:texan:

olevetonahill
10/16/2006, 08:52 AM
TMIF :eek:

Chuck Bao
10/16/2006, 08:56 AM
ewwwww! She just insulted you and you don't know it.

Being called a water buffalo is bad in an Asian context.

Really, really bad.

After you slap her back a few times, ask her: "who's the buffalo? who's the buffalo, now?"

TopDaugIn2000
10/16/2006, 09:04 AM

I have a feeling they do that a LOT and us Americans never know any difference......

critical_phil
10/16/2006, 09:34 AM
Kramer: You know, maybe in Korean "dog" isn't an insult. Could be like the word "fox" to us. Oh, she's a DOG!

SeattleOUstudent
10/16/2006, 10:31 AM

Being called a water buffalo is bad in an Asian context.

Really, really bad.

After you slap her back a few times, ask her: "who's the buffalo? who's the buffalo, now?"

She wont understand you....say BUFFARO

LoyalFan
10/16/2006, 12:00 PM
TDI2K,

Wanna have some fun? You do? Really? OK.

Next time you're sitting there, having your cute little slightly webbed toes pampered, pretend to make a call on your cell phone.
When the make-believe callee answers, say "Hello, Immigration?"
That beyonce, legal or not, will have a coronary on the spot.

Just suggestin'

LF