10/15/2006, 10:51 PM
He got arrested.

olevetonahill
10/15/2006, 10:52 PM
I dont think it will be that bad , not good eteither
Roo was arrested this morning :eek: :mad:

Echoes
10/15/2006, 10:53 PM
He just got arrested. Something to do with a fight outside some place is the word on the street. Some type of bar or something.

I'm not completely for sure where it was, but I am completely sure he was arrested.

royalfan5
What is he allegded to have done?

Scotty
well, **** me.

olevetonahill
Public intox , something about not cooperasting with police :confused:

olevetonahill
10/15/2006, 10:54 PM
per the okla sports blitz

Sooner98
10/15/2006, 10:55 PM
Something about getting out of his car, and getting in a fight with someone. Plus, not cooperating with the police. Details are still sketchy.

The Preach Man
10/15/2006, 10:56 PM
I know we have had some TERRIBLE luck this year guys but it could be worse........

We could be Texas fans.

birddog
oh, big surprise at this point.

Echoes
That is what I have heard as well, Sooner98

OU-HSV
10/15/2006, 11:00 PM
Is this some sick joke

setem
10/15/2006, 11:01 PM
Who has the swords?

ADs_Agent
10/15/2006, 11:02 PM
ESPN article to come out at the end of the season for Oklahoma - Unluckiest season of all time.

OklahomaTuba
10/15/2006, 11:05 PM
I wonder if this will make our defense better. ;)

Scott D
10/15/2006, 11:08 PM
I wonder if this will make our defense better. ;)

maybe if bjw got arrested ;)

OklahomaTuba
10/15/2006, 11:10 PM
maybe if bjw got arrested ;)

I couldn't agree with you more.

jbstrick
10/15/2006, 11:13 PM
The Rufus thing appears ao be a big nothing. Heck even Dean said he was suprised, knowing of the circumstances, Ru got arrested.

Dean said nothing will come of it.

olevetonahill
10/15/2006, 11:22 PM
The Rufus thing appears ao be a big nothing. Heck even Dean said he was suprised, knowing of the circumstances, Ru got arrested.

what i said earlier
in aint that bad but its still not good
he will face a city judge , no big deal
it aint like hes gonna be suspended fir using his helmit as a weapon or sompun

setem
10/15/2006, 11:36 PM
I just started a group on face book called "Free Rufus Alexander"

We have a few lawers on this board right? Who is going to take up his legal defense? Tackle em in the court room, so he can tackle em on the field!

What are we looking at boys? 5-10, 20-30, Life?

SPREAD IT ON!!!

Frozen Sooner
10/15/2006, 11:42 PM

We're boned.

olevetonahill
10/15/2006, 11:48 PM
I just started a group on face book called "Free Rufus Alexander"

We have a few lawers on this board right? Who is going to take up his legal defense? Tackle em in the court room, so he can tackle em on the field!

What are we looking at boys? 5-10, 20-30, Life?

SPREAD IT ON!!!
if he had to face a panel of zebras , itd prolly be the dearh penalty :eek:

OKC-SLC
10/16/2006, 12:17 AM
Not optimal decision making, it sounds. Oh well. At least no one died.

aurorasooner
10/16/2006, 12:22 AM
you guys at the tailgate need to get jobu some better rum and better cubans. http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2145/jobuousweatshirtno5.jpg

j_s_ou_1
10/16/2006, 12:31 AM
ESPN article to come out at the end of the season for Oklahoma - Unluckiest season of all time.
Maybe the side affects of sooner magic have all caught up at once. We've gotten some (favorable) calls before, this year, they're all going against us.

sooner KB
10/16/2006, 01:07 AM
http://hub.ou.edu/articles/article.php?item_id=1487656301

sooner KB
10/16/2006, 01:08 AM
Basically, he did nothing. I just felt like posting something.

Texas Golfer
10/16/2006, 01:23 AM
It was a silly misdemeanor that will probably require a fine and he may not start a game but wil probably play in that game.

sooner KB
10/16/2006, 01:35 AM
His was riding with a friend, a drunk guy walked in front of his car and said something, his friend got out, and Rufus yelled at his friend to keep a fight from starting. He was arrested for "disturbing the peace."

yermom
10/16/2006, 04:55 AM
well, that sounds like the best version so far... i can't imagine any real trouble for that

olevetonahill
10/16/2006, 05:31 AM
well, that sounds like the best version so far... i can't imagine any real trouble for that
you got it rite budy
seems like we are barking at shadows here

SoCal
10/16/2006, 06:25 AM
NORMAN, Okla. -- Linebacker Rufus Alexander, Oklahoma's leading tackler, was arrested early Sunday on two misdemeanor charges, Norman police confirmed.

A police dispatcher confirmed that Alexander, one of Oklahoma's team captains, was arrested about 2 a.m. on charges of disturbing the peace and interference with official process. The dispatcher said Alexander bonded out, but referred questions about additional details to a public information officer.

Calls to Norman's public information officer were not returned late Sunday night. A message left for Oklahoma associate athletic director for communications Kenny Mossman late Sunday night also was not immediately returned.

Alexander, considered an NFL prospect, had seven tackles and a diving interception in Oklahoma's 34-9 win against Iowa State on Saturday. During the game, tailback Adrian Peterson sustained a broken collarbone that will cause him to miss the rest of the regular season.

Alexander, who leads Oklahoma with 48 tackles, announced in January that he would return for his senior season so he could earn his degree. He had a team-high 102 tackles for the Sooners last season, including 17 for a loss, along with five sacks and two forced fumbles.

After the win against Iowa State, Oklahoma (4-2, 1-2 Big 12) moved from No. 23 to No. 20 in The Associated Press' college football poll.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

jrsooner
10/16/2006, 06:38 AM
By John Helsley
Staff Writer

Oklahoma linebacker Rufus Alexander was arrested early Sunday morning after an altercation in Norman, according to a report by KWTV Channel 9.

Alexander, a senior, and two others were arrested at 2:10 a.m.

According to information provided the station by Norman police department spokesman J.D. Younger, Alexander was driving a car at the 700 block of Asp Avenue, when another man, James Wheeler, stepped in front of the car.

Alexander exited the car, and a verbal confrontation escalated into a fight, resulting in the arrests and municipal charges.

Alexander faces complaints of disturbing the peace and interference with official process. Wheeler faces complaints of disturbing the peace, interference with official process and public intoxication. The third man, Jared Scelfo, faces complaints of disturbing the peace and public intoxication.
Looks like minor things to me for Rufus.

achiro
10/16/2006, 08:15 AM
Damn, it sounds like somebody at OU needs to start sending the npd some free tickets to the games(hey it works for the judges in austin). What happened to the good ol days when officers said,"you boys need to settle down a bit and get on home now"[spit]

Sooner_Bob
10/16/2006, 08:17 AM
NORMAN, Okla. -- Linebacker Rufus Alexander, Oklahoma's leading tackler, was arrested early Sunday on two misdemeanor charges, Norman police confirmed.

A police dispatcher confirmed that Alexander, one of Oklahoma's team captains, was arrested about 2 a.m. on charges of disturbing the peace and interference with official process. The dispatcher said Alexander bonded out, but referred questions about additional details to a public information officer.

Calls to Norman's public information officer were not returned late Sunday night. A message left for Oklahoma associate athletic director for communications Kenny Mossman late Sunday night also was not immediately returned.

Alexander, considered an NFL prospect, had seven tackles and a diving interception in Oklahoma's 34-9 win against Iowa State on Saturday. During the game, tailback Adrian Peterson sustained a broken collarbone that will cause him to miss the rest of the regular season.

Alexander, who leads Oklahoma with 48 tackles, announced in January that he would return for his senior season so he could earn his degree. He had a team-high 102 tackles for the Sooners last season, including 17 for a loss, along with five sacks and two forced fumbles.

After the win against Iowa State, Oklahoma (4-2, 1-2 Big 12) moved from No. 23 to No. 20 in The Associated Press' college football poll.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

We're 1-2 in conference? :texan:

TUSooner
10/16/2006, 08:29 AM
Damn, it sounds like somebody at OU needs to start sending the npd some free tickets to the games(hey it works for the judges in austin). What happened to the good ol days when officers said,"you boys need to settle down a bit and get on home now"[spit]
Really.

olevetonahill
10/16/2006, 08:46 AM
they went by by
like what happened to the days when we could bring the ice chest into a game , last sat my 2 young friends got searched and patted down befor they could enter .:eek: 16 yr old kids :eek: :eek:
ive never had that happen to me at any game
so what im trying to say is that the ole easy laid back days are long gone
i wish they wernt . but they are :mad:

bixby28
10/16/2006, 09:33 AM
The crap that has taken place this season is making Coach Stoops' job less and less appealing. I hope he's a soldier enough to stick in and fight through the adversity. It's been a tough-luck year.

Lone Starr Buckeye
10/16/2006, 09:48 AM
CU fan here...

Just wondering if any word from Stoops et al, on the playing status of Alexander for the game this week? Just wondering.

Thanks to all.

critical_phil
10/16/2006, 09:53 AM
“(The) cops were a bunch of idiots and just threw everybody on the ground.”

99.97%

william_brasky
10/16/2006, 10:10 AM
Effin' Norman pigs at their finest.

snp
10/16/2006, 10:15 AM
CU fan here...

Just wondering if any word from Stoops et al, on the playing status of Alexander for the game this week? Just wondering.

Thanks to all.

Your user name is incredibly confusing for a CU fan.

Yes, he will be playing.

start8
10/16/2006, 10:16 AM
Rufus will play as this is a non-issue. Some guy got drunk, walked in front of Rufus's car on the street and wouldn't move. Rufus's friend got out to move the guy and Rufus got out to break up the altercation. Nobody hit anyone and outside of the guy nobody was drinking. Charges should be dropped this morning.

Norman PD suck-I had a friend arrested for fighting at Al's even though he was head slammed into a table by the Al's bodyguard while walking away!

sooner94
10/16/2006, 10:22 AM
Sounds like if you get thrown out of a moving car in Norman, you would get a ticket for jaywalking.

william_brasky
10/16/2006, 10:23 AM
"Interfering with police procedure" = explaining in a logical and sober manner what the situation was.

Norman Cops Suck Bunghole!

Lone Starr Buckeye
10/16/2006, 10:24 AM
Your user name is incredibly confusing for a CU fan.

Yes, he will be playing.

LOL. Yes I know. Around CU boards I was known as ohiobuff and Lord Helmet.

Live in Ohio.

Oldest daughter loves Spaceballs so hence the Lord Helmet.

Got banned from a CU site.

When permitted to re-enter the ruckus, kept it in the Spaceballs movie theme so folks might recognize me, and there ya go....

LOL, it is pretty confusing.

I posted here before without even really thinking too much and folks thought I was a UT dood. (I was looking for a couple OSU/UT tix for a friend).

Go Buffs!

royalfan5
10/16/2006, 10:39 AM
If the cop was strong enough to toss Rufus to the ground, maybe y'all should see if he has any eligability left.

handcrafted
10/16/2006, 10:54 AM
It's really sad, but it's looking like every time the Norman cops see a big tall muscular dude, they look for a reason to arrest them just in case it might be an OU player. Silliest thing I've ever seen.

OhU1
10/16/2006, 11:05 AM
Cops fault for sure.

stoopified
10/16/2006, 11:25 AM

Dean said nothing will come of it.So what YOU are now telling us isthat RUFUS is going to the BIG HOUSE?For LFE?

william_brasky
10/16/2006, 11:34 AM
It's really sad, but it's looking like every time the Norman cops see a big tall muscular dude, they look for a reason to arrest them just in case it might be an OU player. Silliest thing I've ever seen.

Very true.

They have Napolean complexes or just really tiny peckers. Or both. Probably both.

Ike
10/16/2006, 11:45 AM
par for the course for norman cops.

OUstudent4life
10/16/2006, 11:50 AM
Per OUinsider (http://mb22.scout.com/fouinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=143224.topic)

OK, here's what we have found out, as of 8:45 AM Monday:

Rufus (driving) & a friend were out Saturday night (2AM), when an intoxicated person (James Wheeler) stepped in front of their car while stopped on Asp - and refused to move.

The passenger got out to move the drunk. He would not move and began yelling at/or shoving with the passenger. Rufus stepped out to break that up, just as police arrived and cuffed and arrested all three -- not trying to figure who started what or why.

Witnesses say that no punches were thrown by Rufus and the skimmish was rather mild. (The participants all say that no physical activity took place, by any party).

According to our sources -- all charges against Rufus and his friend will be dropped. Charges against the alledged drunk, Wheeler, (except for public intoxication), may also be dropped.

Alexander had not been drinking and is considered a model citizen by coaches and trainers.

We expect this to be over by tomorrow AM. (No action of any kind is expected to be levied against Rufus, (if the facts prove to remain as stated), at this time).

zeke
10/16/2006, 11:59 AM
I would hate to say what % of cops are jerks, but it is a bunch of them. I'd say a majority. I'd also say there is something fishy about the police report error quoted in the article.

LSUdeek
10/16/2006, 12:13 PM
According to our sources -- all charges against Rufus and his friend will be dropped. Charges against the alledged drunk, Wheeler, (except for public intoxication), may also be dropped.

Alexander had not been drinking and is considered a model citizen by coaches and trainers.

Glad to hear this. I'm still mad at Saban for losing Rufus. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
10/16/2006, 12:44 PM
I've always treated cops with respect. I have a few friends who are OK Hwy Patarol officers, OKCPD and Tulsa PD officers. I've never argued with any speeding ticket that I've recieved in OK (and I've gotten a few in my days)

I've lived in a lot of places, from NYC to L.A....and the Norman PD are without a doubt the most corrupt, most unfair, most BORED, and most racist cops I've ever seen in any city...and that includes Beggs, OK.

The need a full review from top to bottom. I mean...they're even incompetent. They can't even file reports correctly.

Just my .02.

caphorns
10/16/2006, 12:52 PM
So does this settle the year's old question of where "Wheeler" has been? :)

OUstudent4life
10/16/2006, 01:01 PM
OH! The horns going to stillwater were s'posed to meet the bus in Norman! It all makes sense!

:D

soonersam
10/16/2006, 01:04 PM
Make it stop!!!!!!! Bomar, Oregon, Texas, Collarbones, now Ruufuuuss?? Make it stop... What a weird season in the Sooner universe!!

tulsaoilerfan
10/16/2006, 01:41 PM
If Rufus truly did nothing wrong, then he should get a lawyer and sue their asses; maybe it would stop the Norman place from being such arrogant a-holes

Statalyzer
10/16/2006, 01:53 PM
This looks like a big bunch of nothing to me.

Certain not enough of an offense to warrant drastic punishment, he won't be suspended for a game or be given a medical reshirt or anything like that.

Wishboned
10/16/2006, 01:59 PM
and most racist cops I've ever seen in any city...and that includes Beggs, OK.

Now that's saying something.

william_brasky
10/16/2006, 02:49 PM
If Rufus truly did nothing wrong, then he should get a lawyer and sue their asses; maybe it would stop the Norman place from being such arrogant a-holes

I foresee a defammation of character case, cause Rufus is a good kid.

That would chill those Barney Fifes out a bit.

Lid, give Ru a call.

That would be something wouldn't it. A UT fanatic representing an OU football player.

This has pure awesomeness written all over it.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/16/2006, 02:49 PM
Maybe the side affects of sooner magic have all caught up with us. We've gotten a (favorable) call before, once, haven't we? This year, they're all going against us.fixed

GrapevineSooner
10/16/2006, 02:59 PM
The need a full review from top to bottom. I mean...they're even incompetent. They can't even file reports correctly.

Worse than Dallas cops in this regard? ;)

colleyvillesooner
10/16/2006, 03:03 PM
Worse than Dallas cops in this regard? ;)

You don't side with Mr. Fancy Football Player Guy do you? ;)

OK2LA
10/16/2006, 03:19 PM

If you know anything about Norman cops, and what goes on with the "justice system" in general/specifically in Norman - you'd know to just swallow your tongue, and get out of there learning a lesson.

What is the lesson you ask?

2 fold.

1. Don't hang around with people that can't hold their liquor, and mouth off

&

2. Most importantly - Everyone seems to forget this - even though 98% of these "incidents" that take place with "athletes" whether it be college or pro - basketball or football - what do the majority of these "incidents" have in common?!?

They all happen after 12am - many of them later . . .

I think that someone posted a great quote from their uncle or something a while back -

(I'm paraphrasing here)

"Son, if you haven't got her in bed by 12 - go home, and try again tomorrow".

Go back to ESPN, and look up any of these "gun, alcohol, disturbance" type of "incidents", and they all have this time frame in common. Funny but true.

JMHO

LosAngelesSooner
10/16/2006, 03:20 PM
Dunno. Never been arrested by the Dallas P.D. Gotten a few tickets from 'em, but never arrested.

I'll tell you this, however, I've had more Texas Hwy Patrol officers let me OUT of tickets than ANYWHERE else in the nation. :D

LosAngelesSooner
10/16/2006, 03:22 PM
Isn't there some stat out there about about how 80 some percent of drivers after 2am are drunk?

I've heard something about this out there somewhere...

Maybe my mom was just trying to scare me. :)

picasso
10/16/2006, 03:33 PM
up where I live 80% of people driving are f'in hillbillies. regardless of the time of day.
98% if they have a gunrack.

jackie82
10/16/2006, 04:49 PM
I found this interesting response to the situation.
http://www.superficialsports.com/oklahoma_sooners_trouble.htm

Statalyzer
10/16/2006, 04:59 PM
Isn't there some stat out there about about how 80 some percent of drivers after 2am are drunk?

If that stat is true, then they've been lying to us about how much alcohol affects people's ability to drive.

2am drivers in general don't drive any worse than any other - sure, many of them drive stupid, but that's true at 2pm also.

jdsooner
10/16/2006, 05:38 PM
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) -- Linebacker Rufus Alexander, Oklahoma's leading tackler, was arrested after a confrontation with police.

Alexander said he was trying to stop a fight early Sunday. He was charged with disturbing the peace and interfering with official process -- both misdemeanors -- and was released after posting bail.

Coach Bob Stoops was aware of what happened but had no immediate comment, school spokesman Kenny Mossman said Monday.

Alexander, a team captain and an NFL prospect, told The Oklahoma Daily he was in his car with a friend, Jared Scelfo, when James Wheeler stepped in front of the vehicle. A disturbance followed and police arrived.

"My friend got out of the car and I was stopping him before he did something stupid," Alexander told the student newspaper.

Scelfo was arrested on the same charges as Alexander. Wheeler was arrested on charges of disturbing the peace, interfering with an official process and public intoxication, .

Alexander had seven tackles and a diving interception in Oklahoma's 34-9 win against Iowa State on Saturday. During the game star tailback Adrian Peterson broke his collarbone and probably will miss the rest of the regular season.

After the victory, Oklahoma (4-2, 1-2 Big 12) moved from No. 23 to No. 20 in The Associated Press' college football poll.

StoopTroup
10/16/2006, 06:07 PM
I bet Wheeler wears one of the ghey pony suits.

footballfanatic
10/16/2006, 06:18 PM
I've always treated cops with respect. I have a few friends who are OK Hwy Patarol officers, OKCPD and Tulsa PD officers. I've never argued with any speeding ticket that I've recieved in OK (and I've gotten a few in my days)

I've lived in a lot of places, from NYC to L.A....and the Norman PD are without a doubt the most corrupt, most unfair, most BORED, and most racist cops I've ever seen in any city...and that includes Beggs, OK.

Just my .02.

I take great offense to this posting.
Police only show up when there is trouble. They deal with drunk people, armed people, crazies, dengenerates, meth-addled monsters. They risk their lives every time they step out of their car. Everyone jumps on them when there is the slightest hint of abusive behavior. yet no one ever defends them from the constant abusive behavior they receive at the hands of the people they serve. Don't believe me? Spend one night with them on patrol. They have to treat EVERY situation like it could be life-threatening, as they don't know if it potentially will be.

Yes, cops are just people, and there are rogue cops everywhere, but the vast majority do a great job doing the dirty work everyone wants done, but no one wants to hear about.

If you ever get into a life-threatening situation in Norman, (and I truly hope you don't) you had better pray one of those bored, incompetant, corrupt and racist cops can come and save you.

footballfanatic
10/16/2006, 06:21 PM
If you know anything about Norman cops, and what goes on with the "justice system" in general/specifically in Norman - you'd know to just swallow your tongue, and get out of there learning a lesson.

What is the lesson you ask?

2 fold.

1. Don't hang around with people that can't hold their liquor, and mouth off

&

2. Most importantly - Everyone seems to forget this - even though 98% of these "incidents" that take place with "athletes" whether it be college or pro - basketball or football - what do the majority of these "incidents" have in common?!?

They all happen after 12am - many of them later . . .

I think that someone posted a great quote from their uncle or something a while back -

(I'm paraphrasing here)

"Son, if you haven't got her in bed by 12 - go home, and try again tomorrow".

Go back to ESPN, and look up any of these "gun, alcohol, disturbance" type of "incidents", and they all have this time frame in common. Funny but true.

JMHO

All true. Last week on Jim Rhome, he said, "nothing good happens at 3:00 A.M."

TXBOOMER
10/16/2006, 06:54 PM
An OU Football Captain should not be hanging at campus Corner or anywhere else at 2 a.m. on a Sunday morning. Drunks get brave late at night. That skinny dude had to be wasted out of his mind to be talking crap to RU and his buddy. When I was in college I hung out all night most nights but now that I'm an old **** I know better. Boomer Sooner

OK2LA
10/16/2006, 07:04 PM
Police only show up when there is trouble. They deal with drunk people, armed people, crazies, dengenerates, meth-addled monsters. They risk their lives every time they step out of their car. Everyone jumps on them when there is the slightest hint of abusive behavior. yet no one ever defends them from the constant abusive behavior they receive at the hands of the people they serve. Don't believe me? Spend one night with them on patrol. They have to treat EVERY situation like it could be life-threatening, as they don't know if it potentially will be.

Yes, cops are just people, and there are rogue cops everywhere, but the vast majority do a great job doing the dirty work everyone wants done, but no one wants to hear about.

If you ever get into a life-threatening situation in Norman, (and I truly hope you don't) you had better pray one of those bored, incompetant, corrupt and racist cops can come and save you.

First off - yes they do risk their lives, but they get the bad name brushed across their entire work force for a reason - There ARE corrupt individuals, and they have their fair share of guys that stir up trouble, and abuse their power. I'm sure that there are guys that work for the I.R.S. that are really cool, and understanding, and fair . . . but somehow those guys get a bad wrap as well. Same thing goes for used car salesmen - I know there are guys out there that are trying to earn money, and don't lie . . . or at least that much . . . but somehow those guys get a bad wrap also. Funny how things kinda get labels put on them when REPETITIVE behavior is the norm.

That's why - when I'm in Norman - I carry a loaded/concealed handgun - that's how Barry and I roll. Cuz I know that they're (NPD) likely busy rousting a bunch of college kids at a dorm party, and I gotsta take cara biznezz - as X says - "I'd rather be caught with one, than without one."

tulsaOUfan
10/16/2006, 07:08 PM
The Norman police have a bad reputation, abuse of power. This case is just another for them to put on their trophy mantle.

william_brasky
10/16/2006, 07:16 PM
Brasky College Story:
Brasky once asked a cop in a Campus Corner establishment if it was in their job description to flirt with all the local restaurant / bar waitresses when they were making their rounds (Brasky's sweet thang worked there).

Brasky was quickly given a sobriety test. Passed. Put in the squad car as Fife and his partner called for backup and did a background check on Brasky.

They let Brasky go, and the flirtation ceased at the establishment.

Brasky wishes they would've taken him in. Brasky had only had 2 beers at that time (many more followed). Brasky would've liked his question to Mr. Fife to have been recorded for the record.

Tax dollars being spent so Fife and Co. can flirt with hotties.

tulsaoilerfan
10/16/2006, 07:23 PM
The problem with some cops is they have an attitude and in most cases it's totally unnecessary; even in my small town when i was younger, we had our fair share of *******s on the PD. I appreciate what police officers do, but just like any other occupation there are bad apples

LosAngelesSooner
10/16/2006, 07:47 PM

Yeah...sure...cops ONLY show up if there is trouble and NO cops ever take advantage of their positions of power. :rolleyes:

Are MOST cops good, hard working, honorable people? Yes. In fact, if you'll re-read that post that you were so greatly offended by, you'll see that I already stated that.

Do the Norman P.D. have a horrible reputation throughout the state for being a bunch or macho racists with power complexes? Yes. And if I EVER was driving through Norman again, I'd have my attorney on speed dial anyway because, as I've stated, the NPD is one of the most corrupt and **** poor police departments I've ever run across. Oh...and one last thing: as stated in my original post which you obviously didn't read, I have a few friends who are cops...and I have gone on several ride-alongs. In fact, one of the best ride-alongs I've ever had was out here with the LAPD's Gang unit while I was researching for a script. Now...you wanna talk about police who deal with REAL trouble and don't have time to run around arresting every OU football player who accidentally commits the offense of "driving while black"...

Do I care if you're "greatly offended" by my opinion? No.

Should you care if I don't care? No.

Should I care if you care that I don't care? No.

Should You care if I don't care that you care that I don't care? No.

:pop:

badger
10/16/2006, 07:54 PM
LOL. Yes I know. Around CU boards I was known as ohiobuff and Lord Helmet.

Live in Ohio.

Oldest daughter loves Spaceballs so hence the Lord Helmet.

Got banned from a CU site.

When permitted to re-enter the ruckus, kept it in the Spaceballs movie theme so folks might recognize me, and there ya go....

LOL, it is pretty confusing.

I posted here before without even really thinking too much and folks thought I was a UT dood. (I was looking for a couple OSU/UT tix for a friend).

Go Buffs!
wait... a cu fan being banned at a cu site???

WELCOME, FRIEND! :D

make sure you start a "why we will beat you this weekend" thread. Those go over well here :D

usmc-sooner
10/16/2006, 07:55 PM
Yeah...sure...cops ONLY show up if there is trouble and NO cops ever take advantage of their positions of power. :rolleyes:

Are MOST cops good, hard working, honorable people? Yes. In fact, if you'll re-read that post that you were so greatly offended by, you'll see that I already stated that.

Do the Norman P.D. have a horrible reputation throughout the state for being a bunch or macho racists with power complexes? Yes. And if I EVER was driving through Norman again, I'd have my attorney on speed dial anyway because, as I've stated, the NPD is one of the most corrupt and **** poor police departments I've ever run across. Oh...and one last thing: as stated in my original post which you obviously didn't read, I have a few friends who are cops...and I have gone on several ride-alongs. In fact, one of the best ride-alongs I've ever had was out here with the LAPD's Gang unit while I was researching for a script. Now...you wanna talk about police who deal with REAL trouble and don't have time to run around arresting every OU football player who accidentally commits the offense of "driving while black"...

they probably wouldn't say it to your face

william_brasky
10/16/2006, 07:58 PM
one of the best ride-alongs I've ever had was out here with the LAPD's Gang unit while I was researching for a script.

Did you write
http://blackstarvideo.com/img/colors.jpg

OK2LA
10/16/2006, 08:03 PM

You had me at hello

AlbqSooner
10/16/2006, 08:10 PM
Having practiced law for 20 years, a great portion of it devoted to the defense of those charged with a crime, I can interpret a portion of this for you. "Interference with official process" (in some jurisdictions cited as "Resisting arrest without violence") is another way of saying "This guy ****ed me off and I can't think of anything else to charge him with."

Cops do have a tough job. Many cops are very good people who do their job well. Cops have to assume that any stop they make is some meth-addled individual whose significant other just ****ed him off and who is carrying both a firearm and an attitude. It is a matter of survival.

HOWEVER - once the cop makes the initial contact and determines that this is not one of those situations, he becomes a bad cop if he continues to treat the detainee with the same attitude.

He becomes a really bad cop if he arrests the detainee for some BS charge like the one here and adds, "Interference with official process" just to up the bond amount.

If he becomes really, really bad and displays a blatantly racist attitude or responds with violence to a non-violent, cooperative individual, then he becomes eligible for the Sergeant's exam with the NPD.

snp
10/16/2006, 08:58 PM
As the resident drunk frat idiot on this board, I can tell my fair share of Norman cops being unnecessary *******s.

Did I deserve it half the time? Sure, but there's still plenty of times these guys were being flat out ridiculous.

F Norman PD.

Also :rolleyes: to all you old geezers claiming Rufus shouldn't be out that late. Maybe he was coming home from the movies, his girlfriends, etc etc. It doesn't matter anyways since last I checked he is free to be out that late. This isn't your 15 year old kid we're talking about, he's a 22 year old dude. Sheesh.

SoonerE39
10/16/2006, 09:30 PM

Norman PD suck-I had a friend arrested for fighting at Al's even though he was head slammed into a table by the Al's bodyguard while walking away!
Waaaay too many Norman cops that they don't have much to do. Lots and lots of speed traps set up with unmarked cars to catch all of us hardened criminals that pay our taxes here. As my son was learning to drive, I continually pointed out to him that on an average day, we would see 2 NPD, (and sometimes as many as 5) between NNHS and Brookhaven, which is about 3.5 miles.
When my son recently got his first ticket, I asked him why he thought that would be the 100yard stretch where he WOULDN"T see a NPD, since you can rarely travel more than a few hundred yards without seeing another one.

Whereas I've spent entire weekends in Plano/Frisco without seeing ANY law enforcement.

achiro
10/16/2006, 10:20 PM
Having practiced law for 20 years, a great portion of it devoted to the defense of those charged with a crime, I can interpret a portion of this for you. "Interference with official process" (in some jurisdictions cited as "Resisting arrest without violence") is another way of saying "This guy ****ed me off and I can't think of anything else to charge him with."

Cops do have a tough job. Many cops are very good people who do their job well. Cops have to assume that any stop they make is some meth-addled individual whose significant other just ****ed him off and who is carrying both a firearm and an attitude. It is a matter of survival.

HOWEVER - once the cop makes the initial contact and determines that this is not one of those situations, he becomes a bad cop if he continues to treat the detainee with the same attitude.

He becomes a really bad cop if he arrests the detainee for some BS charge like the one here and adds, "Interference with official process" just to up the bond amount.

If he becomes really, really bad and displays a blatantly racist attitude or responds with violence to a non-violent, cooperative individual, then he becomes eligible for the Sergeant's exam with the NPD.
As someone who served 4 years as a police officer, I totally agree with everything you posted here. I've seen it happen, a bunch. It always amazed me how many charges could be added if the arrestee was a dick.
That was the point of my post, the officers over stepped here, no question. The only one that should have been arrested was the guy that was intoxicated.

Desert Sapper
10/16/2006, 10:28 PM

Errrr...who cares?;)