PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker....

OUAndy1807
10/15/2006, 07:26 PM
huge day today got me thinking:

If you had been offered a scholarship and come to OU, do you think he'd be playing in the pros today?

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 07:45 PM
no way (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493735)

Big Red Ron
10/15/2006, 07:57 PM
Good question, I'm guessing that his talent level would have eventually gotten him there but he sure as heck wouldn't have been returning punts with Perk back there at OU and he probably did get to develope and play more at Tech than he would have at OU.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/15/2006, 07:57 PM
I am going to tell you a little secret....great players find a way...whether they are on USC or New Mexico. Wes Welker is like Kelly Gregg.....Everybody needs players like them.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 08:02 PM
Miami needs more than Wes.

OUAndy1807
10/15/2006, 08:05 PM
I have no doubt that he would have been a nice player for us, I was more talking about the exposure and training he got a Tech due to the Mad Scientist and his system.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 08:06 PM
He was a perfect fit for Leach's Offense.

yermom
10/15/2006, 09:28 PM
with Clayton, Jones, Wilson, Bradley, Rankins and Peoples, i just don't see him playing much at WR

MikeInNorman
10/15/2006, 09:36 PM
I have no doubt that he would have been a nice player for us, I was more talking about the exposure and training he got a Tech due to the Mad Scientist and his system.

That exposure and training was so valuable that he wasn't drafted.

Welker made the NFL exactly the way he made it in college: he had to prove doubters wrong. If he had played at OU, TU, UCO, Division III, it wouldn't have mattered, he would not have been drafted and he would have had to prove to the NFL that he's a heck of a football player.

TheGodfather889
10/15/2006, 09:41 PM
I played with Wes my freshman year of highschool. He was a senior when I was a freshman at Heritage Hall. He was a great player for us and probably the best the school has ever seen. I was surprised when I saw him playing so well for Texas Tech. I always figured he was too small and too slow to play college football much less the NFL. I am glad to see him doing so well, he's always been a nice guy and a hard worker. I hope he has a long career in the NFL.

OUAndy1807
10/15/2006, 10:28 PM
That exposure and training was so valuable that he wasn't drafted.

Welker made the NFL exactly the way he made it in college: he had to prove doubters wrong. If he had played at OU, TU, UCO, Division III, it wouldn't have mattered, he would not have been drafted and he would have had to prove to the NFL that he's a heck of a football player.

he wasn't drafted, but he got a spot at a camp. some ****** that just walks up from a division 3 school wouldn't have gotten that. also, watch him play. you can't watch him and not see the influence Leech and his offense had on his development.

MikeInNorman
10/16/2006, 10:44 AM
he wasn't drafted, but he got a spot at a camp. some ****** that just walks up from a division 3 school wouldn't have gotten that. also, watch him play. you can't watch him and not see the influence Leech and his offense had on his development.

Oh, I don't know. Pleanty of D-III ******s get invited to NFL camps.

That "Leech" is a funny guy. I guess he saved up all his offense's power and influence for Welker, anstead of passing it around to all the other bigger, stronger, and faster receivers at Tech that didn't make it in the NFL.