PDA

View Full Version : Well check this site out...

ClintonSooner
10/15/2006, 06:00 PM
http://www.travelgolf.com/blogs/brandon.tucker?blog=16&title=oklahoma_s_adrian_peterson_done_for_year&page=1&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1&disp=single#c43640

sorry I stole this from another user, but I think we should tell this guy what he needs to be told:mad:

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 06:16 PM
He's getting blasted...lol

Scott D
10/15/2006, 06:18 PM
I happen to agree with his assessment in regards to a fairly sizable chunk of the fanbase.

OU-HSV
10/15/2006, 06:18 PM
I dropped in and kept it simple

ClintonSooner
10/15/2006, 06:27 PM
Heh even notre dame fans support us...

Comment from: Go Gold Domers! [Visitor]
well...what a ****head,

Sorry OU, I never liked you guys untill AD and now I feel bad, all these *********s that run espn and gay *** sites like this never give you guys respect.

Brandon, you are nothing more than a sac-lick, and have no concept for any real sports.

go cheer on USC or w/e, probably a bama fan ha

sorry ou fans!
10/15/06 @ 18:58

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 06:34 PM
I happen to agree with his assessment in regards to a fairly sizable chunk of the fanbase.

Can you point out his Assessment in this for me?

Anyone who golfs with any kind of regularity knows one finite fact: respect the game, or the "golf gods" will getcha.

So how does one please these omnipotent forces? You could start by always replacing divots, raking bunkers even if you're the last one on the course for the night, never "accidentally" sneezing in your opponent's backswing, throwing beer cans in the proper receptical and never urinating on fairways or greens -- always in a bush or out of bounds.

The University of Oklahoma is realizing the very same gods in football, as Heisman favorite Adrian Peterson broke his collarbone today, ending his season.

So what exactly angered the football gods?

Several weeks ago, Oklahoma visited Oregon, well-known for its hostile environment. Oregon trailed late in the game and sparked a furious rally, capped by an onside kick recovery that led to the winning score. Despite mounting video evidence the call on the field should have been overturned, the replay official would not overturn the call.

The result was a nation of Sooner faithful outraged, led by coach Bob Stoops and even University president David Boren, who called for the heads of the Pac-10 officiating crew, starting with replay official Gordon Riese. OU officials even outrageously called for the game to be scratched from record books.

OU fans added to the fiasco, some of whom even sent death threats to Riese, who allegedly botched the game, not a swiss cheese OU defense. Citing extreme distress and threats to his wife and kids, Riese took a leave of absense and is now reportedly in depression.

If only Boren exerted that kind of energy on the academic institution he oversees...

Once reports of the death threats to Riese and his family got out, we heard no word of "C'mon fans, we appreciate the loyalty but we're talking about a man's life," statements. Instead, Stoops & Co. continued to rally against their scapegoat. Since then, OU has been trounced by rival Texas and Peterson has been scratched for the year. OU will not be a national title factor this year, or any year in the near future for that matter.

It's one of the most sickening displays of sportsmanship and fraternity I've witnessed in recent sports memory. Until OU admits they overreacted, I will enjoy watching their program slump into mediocrity once again. It will happen.

Let this be a lesson to players, coaches and fans of any sport: the outcome of any game or play is far inferior to the game itself. Respect the game over any bad luck or misfortune or error of the people you entrust with the game. Human error exists in everything we do. Lack of humility, class or respect for the sport will digress OU's program by many years, and Texas will rule the Red River Rivalry for the next two decades. At least. You heard it here first.

Sadly, Peterson is feeling the divine wrath. Hopefully he goes pro and leaves classless OU in the dust.

And always replace your divots and tip the beer cart girl.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 06:35 PM
it'd be the part about lack of humility, class or respect for the sport. Although to be fair, it applies to pretty much every fanbase that isn't Temple.

Big Red Ron
10/15/2006, 06:47 PM
it'd be the part about lack of humility, class or respect for the sport. Although to be fair, it applies to pretty much every fanbase that isn't Temple.Nice work but you still have some peddlin' to do.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 06:48 PM
oh I do?

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 06:49 PM
Scott...

I really don't wish to re-hash this but the Replay is supposed to fix bad calls.

People who take the job should be ready for the Fans reaction to their "Final Word" on the play they review.

I don't think class has anything to do with this situation.

Respect for the Sport is gone when the call is reviewed badly and the NCAA doesn't act after the guy admits he got it wrong.

I'm thinking the guy would like to have those calls back. It's probably why he's depressed.

Anyone calling in a death threat to the guy should be ashamed and should also be held accountable...not the OU Fanbase.

It's sickening to even talk about and this ********* wants to re-hash it in October and even include that we deserve AD getting hurt.

Talk about no class.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 06:56 PM
I never said the guy who wrote the blog had any class. I said I happened to agree with a portion of his statement about a portion of the fanbase. I then clarified that said statement applies to a portion of the fanbase pretty much everywhere except Temple whom wouldn't know what it's like to be a winning program.

ST, what I find sad is that 3 years from now people will still be harping about those mistakes in Autzen. Hell, we still have people harping over the the homer SWC call in regards to Stansbury in 1984 a good 22 years later. We still have people harping on the Notre Dame gameplan that ended the 47 game winning streak.

I personally don't think that all of the alleged death threats to the replay official came from OU fans. However, based upon threads that have gone on consistently this season it wouldn't be too surprizing.

There are times that I think that 2000 was more of a curse than a blessing, and the sense of entitlement that some fans have justifies that feeling. Would I trade that MNC away? of course not.

To suggest that we don't have fans who fit that profile would be to live in denial. You probably know a few of them when you are sitting in the stands. You know, the guy who is positive that he could make every correct call all game and we should be winning every game in a Georgia Tech over Cumberland kind of way.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 07:04 PM
We still have people harping on the Notre Dame gameplan that ended the 47 game winning streak.

Scott...

It's called Tradition.

47 was a hell of a run.

The guy really P*ss*d me off when he said this...

If only Boren exerted that kind of energy on the academic institution he oversees

Boran is one the best things to happen to OU IMO and he is passionate about all things Sooner.

Anyone that thinks the Autzen fiasco should be ignored is just wrong.

The NCAA should get it together or they are going to start losing tons of the cash they are rolling in.

Fans, Donors and even the people who make their living writing about it know it needs to be fixed.

It was an outrage.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 07:09 PM
that second part you quoted was something he blatantly ripped from someone who actually has a job as a journalist in Pat Forde.

jk the sooner fan
10/15/2006, 07:14 PM
if Boren hadnt said anything, people would have bitched that the University President didnt support the football program

you just cant win....people have to bitch about something

Scott D
10/15/2006, 07:16 PM
pretty much

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 07:23 PM
I'm glad this thread didn't go religious. :D

brown town sooner
10/15/2006, 08:08 PM
What a loser this guy is. Cheap shot city.

OklahomaTuba
10/15/2006, 09:10 PM
There are times that I think that 2000 was more of a curse than a blessing, and the sense of entitlement that some fans have justifies that feeling.

Wow Scott.

I have to say, I thought the whole "AD being gone will be a good thing" was crazy talk, but this takes the cake.

If you want to root for a team that has sucky players and doesn't win those cursed no good national championships, why don't you just go root for the pukes or baylor or something??

Scott D
10/15/2006, 09:13 PM
as per usual you miss the point and fill in the blanks the way you see fit.

jk the sooner fan
10/15/2006, 09:16 PM
fwiw it made no sense to me either

Ash
10/15/2006, 09:20 PM
Meh. My biggest regret is clicking on the link, shoulda known better.

The "author" probably found his first short-n-curly yesterday and we're worried about what he thinks about Bob Stoops, OU and Boren?

:rolleyes:

Scott D
10/15/2006, 09:22 PM
Well it's not like anyone had any real high expectations going into 2000, so the end result was a very pleasant surprize. Since then everything has been considered a disappointment season by a majority of the fanbase because the team more and more hasn't lived up to the 'standard' of that season as time has gone on.

jk the sooner fan
10/15/2006, 09:25 PM
how you link that statement with your first is beyond me

regardless...i dont think expectations are any different now than they were any other time.....2000 was merely an extension of our tradition.....just my opinion of course

but to say that winning a national championship created a sense of entitlement makes me think you believed there wasnt one before that....and frankly it makes me wonder how long you've been a fan?

just sayin

Ash
Well it's not like anyone had any real high expectations going into 2000, so the end result was a very pleasant surprize. Since then everything has been considered a disappointment season by a majority of the fanbase because the team more and more hasn't lived up to the 'standard' of that season as time has gone on.

While I don't agree with everything in your previous posts, I have to say that this is spot on (for some fans, not all).

I've also noticed that the coaches (that are now gone) and the players of that season get better and better as the years go on.

It was an unbelievable season, but I think you're on to something in terms of the expectations (combined with notsalgia) clouding some fans vision.

badger
soooo... has he received any death threats yet?

OklahomaTuba
10/15/2006, 09:32 PM
as per usual you miss the point and fill in the blanks the way you see fit.
Which point did I miss?

I think your analysis of our national championships, tradition & fan base is about far off as I have ever seen personally.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 09:33 PM
how you link that statement with your first is beyond me

regardless...i dont think expectations are any different now than they were any other time.....2000 was merely an extension of our tradition.....just my opinion of course

but to say that winning a national championship created a sense of entitlement makes me think you believed there wasnt one before that....and frankly it makes me wonder how long you've been a fan?

just sayin

and for those your son's age who grew up in the era where 8-3 was a great season?

Fans should never have a sense of entitlement...last season should have driven that point home more than anything.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 09:36 PM
oh and Tuba, the only area of developing the running game that has the chance of being most negatively impacted by the loss of AD is inside the 10.

jk the sooner fan
10/15/2006, 09:36 PM
its not about entitlement........its about expectations of continuing the winning tradition

without expectations, Boo Blake would still be here and nobody would give 2 ****s about whatever our record is.....

blackbeauty02
10/15/2006, 09:37 PM
clintonsooner, thanks for posting this thread. for some reason it wouldn't let me so i replied it on other threads hoping someone would post it. the guy is a total d-bag and is getting it every direction not just from OU fans.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 09:38 PM
And expectations are to compete for championships....however, to believe that the world is out to get you, and that there's a conspiracy lurking behind every corner when that doesn't happen is from false entitlement.

I think people confuse 'competing for' with 'deserving'.

jk the sooner fan
10/15/2006, 09:39 PM
yeah our fan base has a chip on their shoulder......they care too much about what ESPN thinks, and anybody else....they'll rush to defend the program when they think its been "wronged"

i always called that passion.....misplaced or not....

i guess we just see it differently

OklahomaTuba
10/15/2006, 09:41 PM
Since then everything has been considered a disappointment season by a majority of the fanbase because the team more and more hasn't lived up to the 'standard' of that season as time has gone on.

Imagine that, the fans of perhaps one of the greatest college football programs in history get disappointed when we get blown out in important games or don't even compete against our biggest rival the last two years.

BTW, if our fan base is so disappointed, they certainly don't show it on gamedays by filling the stadium up every game day, or donating more money to school every year.

I would argue that we have one of the best fan bases in the country. And that the mere fact that they expect to compete for championships is something that has allowed OU to remain among the top programs in the nation.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 09:41 PM
probably...I think a lot of it is me having a different perspective living in 'outside' territory.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 09:42 PM
Imagine that, the fans of perhaps one of the greatest college football programs in history get disappointed when we get blown out in important games or don't even compete against our biggest rival the last two years.

BTW, if our fan base is so disappointed, they certainly don't show it on gamedays by filling the stadium up every game day, or donating more money to school every year.

I would argue that we have one of the best fan bases in the country. And that the mere fact that they expect to compete for championships is something that has allowed OU to remain among the top programs in the nation.

Some don't expect to compete for them, they expect them to be handed to us.

OklahomaTuba
10/15/2006, 09:45 PM
oh and Tuba, the only area of developing the running game that has the chance of being most negatively impacted by the loss of AD is inside the 10.

We will be very lucky if its just inside the 10.

Texas stuffed us basically inside the 30 with AD.

OklahomaTuba
10/15/2006, 09:47 PM
Some don't expect to compete for them, they expect them to be handed to us.

And who would that be? Please, show us some of these fans, cause I certainly don't see them.

What I see if an extremely passionate fan base which expects to compete every year. Lord knows we pay our coaching staff enough to expect that.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 09:48 PM
We will be very lucky if its just inside the 10.

Texas stuffed us basically inside the 30 with AD.

well that goes back to our offense for the most part 'with' AD being mostly like Dexter Manley's reading ability. Hell a high school team would have been keying on him and loading as many into the box as possible.

my expectations for the offense have actually gotten higher with him out than with him in there. My wording about the offense potentially being better without him wasn't a shot at his skill or ability, but rather how the need to get him touches made it a vanilla offense.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 09:49 PM
And who would that be? Please, show us some of these fans, cause I certainly don't see them.

What I see if an extremely passionate fan base which expects to compete every year. Lord knows we pay our coaching staff enough to expect that.

sit next to doleo next week and listen to the guy behind him. or the guy behind Norm last season.

OklahomaTuba
10/15/2006, 09:52 PM
well that goes back to our offense for the most part 'with' AD being mostly like Dexter Manley's reading ability. Hell a high school team would have been keying on him and loading as many into the box as possible.

my expectations for the offense have actually gotten higher with him out than with him in there. My wording about the offense potentially being better without him wasn't a shot at his skill or ability, but rather how the need to get him touches made it a vanilla offense.

Thats fine, and I understand that thinking a lot. I just don't agree considering the line and qb we have at the moment. In my opinion, the loss of AD has just made this offense 1 dimensional.

LosAngelesSooner
10/15/2006, 11:31 PM
You guys ever think that many of the fanbase who don't appreciate how good we've been and don't remember the dark ages of the 1990's might also only be 19 years old?

Scott D
10/15/2006, 11:44 PM
no that'd be the kids who buy student tickets and then don't show up.

Ike
10/16/2006, 12:01 AM
wow.

just wow.

blackbeauty02
10/16/2006, 12:21 AM
I have to agree with ScottD on a couple of points. I've been to several games where OU fans have pist me off. The year after the national championship when Hybel was trying his best there were students yelling he sucks and kick him out and what not. Another fan started arguing with him to support the team and the first fan tried fighting him. I ended up telling the drunk jackass to shut his piehole and cheer for his team win or lose or take off his crimson and cream and go home. He finally left.

Texas Golfer
10/16/2006, 01:32 AM
Brandon Tucker is a freaking moron!

Jason White's Third Knee
10/16/2006, 08:47 AM
I never said the guy who wrote the blog had any class. I said I happened to agree with a portion of his statement about a portion of the fanbase. I then clarified that said statement applies to a portion of the fanbase pretty much everywhere except Temple whom wouldn't know what it's like to be a winning program.

ST, what I find sad is that 3 years from now people will still be harping about those mistakes in Autzen. Hell, we still have people harping over the the homer SWC call in regards to Stansbury in 1984 a good 22 years later. We still have people harping on the Notre Dame gameplan that ended the 47 game winning streak.

I personally don't think that all of the alleged death threats to the replay official came from OU fans. However, based upon threads that have gone on consistently this season it wouldn't be too surprizing.

There are times that I think that 2000 was more of a curse than a blessing, and the sense of entitlement that some fans have justifies that feeling. Would I trade that MNC away? of course not.

To suggest that we don't have fans who fit that profile would be to live in denial. You probably know a few of them when you are sitting in the stands. You know, the guy who is positive that he could make every correct call all game and we should be winning every game in a Georgia Tech over Cumberland kind of way.

We still have people harping on 911 and the holocaust. What's your point? Before you go overboard and say that they aren't on the same level, I know.

These are low level injustices, but for dorks like us (you included) that stay on this damned fan board all of the time, it seems logical that we have made the team and it's success important. After the Orange Bowl a couple of years ago, I felt like I couldn't breath for about 4 months. I had to lighten up.

Memories are important and unjust memories have significance. Without history, we are destined to repeat past mistakes. This is true regardless of the level of impropriety.

People are going to bitch and moan about one thing or another until solutions are made. I consistantly tell my employees to be solution oriented, not problem oriented. If you can't solve the problem, what do you have left?

Scott D
10/16/2006, 10:21 AM
If you can't solve the problem, what do you have left?

the guy who sits behind doleo every game ;)

stoopified
10/16/2006, 11:43 AM
What a load of manure.Scott D who the F*** are you to criticze fellow Sooner fans and say that a writer who knows NOTHING about OU,Stoops,AD or SOONER FANS is right in being critical OF A SIZEABLE PORTION OF OUr fanbase?That kind of judgement usually comes from horn fans or agroids.Shame on you.

soonerloyal
10/16/2006, 11:56 AM
With honest curiosity, Scott D - what expectations do you think a fan base should have?

An honest outlook for a team is one thing. No expectations for a good outcome is entirely another.

I've been a Sooner fan longer than most of y'all have been alive. Through good and bad I've been in the stands or in front of the tube, and I've always worn and advertized my loyalty regardless of any season's outcome. My opinion is, if you don't fully expect magic, you aren't a true fan. That goes for any team's fan base.

Sooners aren't quitters, and whiners aren't true Sooner fans. Suck it up, you bandwagoners out there, or jump off.

Scott D
10/16/2006, 12:14 PM
With honest curiosity, Scott D - what expectations do you think a fan base should have?

An honest outlook for a team is one thing. No expectations for a good outcome is entirely another.

Should a fan base have high expectations? sure. Should their lives be based off of unrealistic ones? no. Everyone here knows 'that guy', the one guy who no matter what happens it wasn't good enough. The guy who when the score is 77-0 thinks that we shoulda gone ahead and shot for 100. The guy who thinks every interception should be taken back for a TD, every punt returned for a TD, every completion should result in a TD, and every run should go to the house.

I've been a Sooner fan longer than most of y'all have been alive. Through good and bad I've been in the stands or in front of the tube, and I've always worn and advertized my loyalty regardless of any season's outcome. My opinion is, if you don't fully expect magic, you aren't a true fan. That goes for any team's fan base.

Sooners aren't quitters, and whiners aren't true Sooner fans. Suck it up.

I've pretty much been the same as you have in regards to the overall picture, and I took a lot of crap up here in Michigan back during the Blake era. I bought into the old drunkard's kool aid when he first came to town. Before then, I didn't think anything'd be bleaker than spiral downward in the late 80s. I agree with the whole of this quote actually, and it's pretty much the constant multiplication of the whiner factor that is getting on my nerves of late.

What a load of manure.Scott D who the F*** are you to criticze fellow Sooner fans and say that a writer who knows NOTHING about OU,Stoops,AD or SOONER FANS is right in being critical OF A SIZEABLE PORTION OF OUr fanbase?That kind of judgement usually comes from horn fans or agroids.Shame on you.

All you got out of everything I said was that? Shame on you.

Sooner_Bob
10/16/2006, 12:29 PM
Scott I think the thing is that every fanbase has "those fans" or "that guy". Big freakin' deal. Some people are idiots. I sat in front of one at the Middle Tennessee game. Heck, I'm in the south endzone, I'd say that place is full of "those guys".

True fans understand the game. They understand that every play won't result in 6 points. They understand that we might not have a Roy Williams or Tommie Harris on defense every year. That doesn't mean that they can't or don't expect it. They understand that we might not with the Big XII or MNC every year. That doesn't mean they can't or don't expect it.

Why would you feel that a "sizeable portion of our fanbase" would behave any differently or be held to a higher standard than the fanbase of any other CF program with a tradition similar to that of OU?

Scott D
10/16/2006, 12:43 PM
Bob I didn't say that...I said every fanbase has fans that would fit that part of it..pretty much everyone is ignoring that part of it.

Sooner_Bob
10/16/2006, 12:53 PM
Bob I didn't say that...I said every fanbase has fans that would fit that part of it..pretty much everyone is ignoring that part of it.

You said:

it'd be the part about lack of humility, class or respect for the sport. Although to be fair, it applies to pretty much every fanbase that isn't Temple.

Well if that's the case then why rag on some passionate OU fans? If it infact applies to every fanbase why the surprise regarding the reaction of this particular fanbase?

jk the sooner fan
10/16/2006, 01:36 PM
when are they gonna pass out those "fan handbooks", the ones that tell us exactly how each of us are supposed to act and not act as a fan........seems so many have the right answer...

Scott D
10/16/2006, 03:31 PM
You said:

Well if that's the case then why rag on some passionate OU fans? If it infact applies to every fanbase why the surprise regarding the reaction of this particular fanbase?

eh, wasn't ragging...anyhow I'm done with thread. I'm positive at this point I could have pointed out a single jackass in a single seat that attends half the games, and given 200 reasons why that person is a jackass, and it'd have gotten the same response that everything in this thread said.

PQ pretty much summed things up in a different thread using much less inflammatory language in regards to hwo things look.

j_s_ou_1
10/16/2006, 04:04 PM
OU can do fine without peterson, look at stoops record without him. Forget the fact those are completely different teams. We're gonna kill everyone cause that is our right and when anyone bad mouths us like we do them, they are just rude and completely out of line. Sooner Magic is great....this year we haven't had any, so it's a conspiracy. We love calls going our way and would never give up an unearned win, but we better make every team that plays us that gets good calls do it. Seriously, you wonder why people cant wait to take shots at ou fans, it's because they are the biggest hypocrites to walk the face of the earth. You do whatever you want in bad mouthing other teams and cheating them from wins, but when its the other way around, it's so wrong. Get a grip and I hope you enjoy the rest of your season.....and like somebody said, thank god it wasn't thompson that went down.....idiots.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 04:16 PM
I love WHAM.

I KNEW IT!

Big Red Ron
10/16/2006, 05:39 PM
Some don't expect to compete for them, they expect them to be handed to us.Wow, just wow.

Pepper
10/16/2006, 06:28 PM
Another OU hater? Big surprise. OK, let's hire our own refs to screw everyone else, and then see if the media criticizes us or the teams that get screwed along the way. OU is hated no matter what they do. But every win we rack up just eats away at people like this.

StoopTroup
10/16/2006, 06:58 PM
When you've been at the top as much as we have since Bob came to town, we're bOUnd to take some heat when things don't go OUr way.

I just refuse to take from people who don't know what they are talking about.

The blogger this thread is over is who we should focus on.

ScottD has made his weak retort...

Lets leave him alone. :D

ClintonSooner
10/16/2006, 10:53 PM
Did you guys see him change his words later down in the comments...heh what a saclick

ADs_Agent
10/17/2006, 09:24 AM
the poor sap writer is really getting nailed by fans from every university on this karma bull.