sanantoniosooner
10/15/2006, 05:04 PM
I'm hoping this trend catches on.

BeetDigger
10/15/2006, 07:49 PM
Heh.

Cam
10/15/2006, 09:36 PM
Was the personal foul called for the tackle by the hair, or for the stuff after the tackle?

sanantoniosooner
10/15/2006, 09:39 PM
Was the personal foul called for the tackle by the hair, or for the stuff after the tackle?
After the tackle LJ kind of flips his hair in a manner that they considered to be taunting.

They were very clear the flag had nothing to do with the tackle itself.

Harry Beanbag
10/16/2006, 06:28 AM
They couldn't show that replay enough. My neighbor and I were drunkenly laughing our asses off.

sanantoniosooner
10/16/2006, 07:01 AM
http://www.thepurplecurtain.com/files/images/troy-polamalu.thumbnail.jpg
:les:YOINK!!!

BeetDigger
10/16/2006, 09:38 AM
What is the rule? Is the hair fair game? Does the hair fall into the same category as the horse collar tackle?

critical_phil
10/16/2006, 09:44 AM
What is the rule? Is the hair fair game? Does the hair fall into the same category as the horse collar tackle?

i don't know how it applies re: TRRW rule. at least in the past, hair=uniform.

and speaking of TRRW rule, did anyone see the Matt McCoy on Bush (i think it was Bush) call yesterday? that rule is horse****.

jk the sooner fan
10/16/2006, 10:11 AM
the hair is fair game

BeetDigger
10/16/2006, 12:18 PM
the hair is fair game

I didn't realize that. Well, I say that if a guy has his hair that long, than he and his teammates have no leg to stand on when he gets tackled with it.

jk the sooner fan
10/16/2006, 12:22 PM
how can it not be fair? its hanging on the back of the jersey, over half of it....is it fair to expect a tackler to weave thru all that mess to grab hold of the jersey?

Scott D
10/16/2006, 12:26 PM

hair is considered part of the helmet by NFL rules.

I don't agree with their assessment that shoulderpads (on the side) being considered the same as being collared. That was a chicken**** call in that Eagles/Saints game.

Harry Beanbag
10/16/2006, 03:55 PM
I didn't realize that. Well, I say that if a guy has his hair that long, than he and his teammates have no leg to stand on when he gets tackled with it.

Exactly. If he groomed himself like a normal human being he would have scored.

sanantoniosooner
10/16/2006, 05:53 PM
I bet he has RotoRooter on speed dial.

Eielson
10/16/2006, 07:02 PM

Yeah, I remember this as an issue brought up with Ricky Williams and kinda Edge too a couple years ago.

Cam
10/16/2006, 08:09 PM
They were saying on the pre-game tonight that the personal foul wasn't on the tackle by the hair, it was on him picking him up by his hair after the tackle.

Reply about "splitting hairs" in 5..4..3..2..

GrapevineSooner
10/19/2006, 09:19 AM
Per NFL Director of Officiating Mike Perreira, it is legal as the hair is part of the uniform. He also explained why during the Seattle-St. Louis game why there wasn't a 10-second runoff after Seattle was called for an illegal formation penalty.

BTW, that weekly segment by Perreira on NFL Total Access is the best segment in all of sports broadcasting. I wish other collegiate and professional sports leagues followed the NFL's lead on this.