PDA

View Full Version : Maybe, just maybe...

CtheB
10/15/2006, 01:45 PM
..what's done is done. AD's gone for the year.

The positive spin I'll put on this is that we haven't lost a game yet without AD in the starting lineup. Also, I think this gives us a great opportunity for a sneak preview of what our offensive identity will be next year, which could greatly assist us both in development and recruiting, especially at QB.

I also like the fact that we can start the "successor to AD" race early, with at least one freshman possibly having to break his 'shirt.

I think we'll be fine, maybe not as much of a pound em out attack, but with the opportunity to achieve a little more flexibility in the passing game, and even though the running game won't have as much of a breakway threat, I think it will still be sufficient to gain the yards we need when we need it.

On an aside, I am sad that AD's probable last year ends like this. He is truly a once a generation (maybe lifetime) player that deserves to gain all the fame and fortune he can achieve with his talents. It's too bad he came in to OU while our talent pool was regenerating, but I'll always be glad he was a Sooner, and record or not, he's still the best running back I've ever seen at OU or any other school in my lifetime.

And, if (or when) we finish the season 10-2 (11-1), Bob Stoops better be near the top of everyone's coach of the year list.Just my thoughts...

ZacHolley
10/15/2006, 02:17 PM
I sure hate to see him leave, I like college ball WAY more than nfl

All_Day_28
10/15/2006, 02:40 PM
there is no positive spin that you can put on losing possibly the best player that we've ever had at OU.. and his career seems short lived at that..

the_ouskull
10/15/2006, 02:48 PM
there is no positive spin that you can put on losing possibly the best player that we've ever had at OU.. and his career seems short lived at that..

Games go by faster when you're running the ball. :D

the_ouskull

BIG_IKE
10/15/2006, 02:58 PM
I say.....

AD will rest up. Hell, it's October. He will rest up and come back for one last game and become the all-time leader in OU history in January.

OR....

this could be his motivation to come back next year too...

1) To try for a NC
2) To win a Heisman
3) To break records
4) To not have a losing record vs. Texas
5) To play Miami

the only downside to this....?

None of these 1 thru 5 will compensate for the money NFL will give him if something were to happen and he gets hurt.

For all the people downing AD or Stoops about his injury, just STOP. 95% of us wanted to see him break the record. And if AD did not run as hard as he ran on that play then he would not be AD. If this injury never happened no one would be criticizing anything that happened yesterday. It's something that just HAPPENS.