PDA

View Full Version : AD in the NFL can't miss All Pro or not?

wishbonesooner
10/15/2006, 11:28 AM
What do we all think? Is he injury prone, is his style going to allow him a long career? I think he could be one of the greatest if he can stay healthy.

soonerthanu
10/15/2006, 11:41 AM
Dont know but it will be fun watchin.

bixby28
10/16/2006, 12:42 PM
I think he'll be really good but if he can't learn to avoid more hits he will really take a pounding.

Widescreen
10/16/2006, 01:12 PM
There's no such thing as a "can't miss". If AD had blown out his knees in 2-a-days before his freshman year, he would've been a bust.

Statalyzer
10/16/2006, 01:38 PM
There's no such thing as a "can't miss".

Exactly. But I don't think he's as big a risk as some people say. The statement that he'll be great if he only can stay healthy is true of guys who went through college without major injuries also. Anybody can get hurt playing football; the phrase "injury-prone" is overused.

Boomer.....
10/16/2006, 01:48 PM
This was just a freak accident that could have happened to anyone. 99 out of 100 times that he falls like he did, nothing happens.

Statalyzer
10/16/2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah, it most likely doesn't mean he's more likely to get injured than the next guy.

soonerlaw
10/16/2006, 01:54 PM
If he goes to the right team who can block for him and has a good passing game, I think he will be awesome pretty quick.

soonervet
10/16/2006, 01:55 PM
There are too many variables to consider.....ie, if he goes to a crappy team with a crappy line, i dont see him having much longevity....is it possible his "injury prone status" may cause him to slip a few spots to maybe a more solid team? Hopefully he can morph into a back that is adept at not taking direct shots. Though the type of runner he is with such energy, tends to injure things like ankles, knees, etc because he is always fighting to stay up.

The Maestro
10/16/2006, 01:55 PM
If he's thinking of staying he needs one question answered by Bob Stoops...

"Coach, who's are quarterback next year?"

That will be a big issue and it should be. I don't think AD wants to face 9 man fronts.

ashley
10/16/2006, 02:30 PM
He is better than 95% of the NFL backs now. He will be a great one. Have anyone seen some of the starting backs this year.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
10/16/2006, 03:24 PM
He is better than 95% of the NFL backs now. He will be a great one. Have anyone seen some of the starting backs this year.
So you think he's better than LT?

randu
10/16/2006, 03:45 PM
If he's thinking of staying he needs one question answered by Bob Stoops...

"Coach, who's are quarterback next year?"

That will be a big issue and it should be. I don't think AD wants to face 9 man fronts.
Then Stoops would say "I don't know who are quarterback will be, but are line will be a year older. Not to mention there our many other positions that our a concern on defense. Also, did you know that Mike Leach really likes it when pirates say ARRRRRR!"

ashley
10/16/2006, 03:51 PM
No, but no one else is either.

j_s_ou_1
10/16/2006, 04:06 PM
OU can do fine without peterson, look at stoops record without him. Forget the fact those are completely different teams. We're gonna kill everyone cause that is our right and when anyone bad mouths us like we do them, they are just rude and completely out of line. Sooner Magic is great....this year we haven't had any, so it's a conspiracy. We love calls going our way and would never give up an unearned win, but we better make every team that plays us that gets good calls do it. Seriously, you wonder why people cant wait to take shots at ou fans, it's because they are the biggest hypocrites to walk the face of the earth. You do whatever you want in bad mouthing other teams and cheating them from wins, but when its the other way around, it's so wrong. Get a grip and I hope you enjoy the rest of your season.....and like somebody said, thank god it wasn't thompson that went down.....idiots.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 04:10 PM
OU can do fine without peterson, look at stoops record without him. Forget the fact those are completely different teams. We're gonna kill everyone cause that is our right and when anyone bad mouths us like we do them, they are just rude and completely out of line. Sooner Magic is great....this year we haven't had any, so it's a conspiracy. We love calls going our way and would never give up an unearned win, but we better make every team that plays us that gets good calls do it. Seriously, you wonder why people cant wait to take shots at ou fans, it's because they are the biggest hypocrites to walk the face of the earth. You do whatever you want in bad mouthing other teams and cheating them from wins, but when its the other way around, it's so wrong. Get a grip and I hope you enjoy the rest of your season.....and like somebody said, thank god it wasn't thompson that went down.....idiots.

Man I am jealous...Why didnt I think of copying and pasting the same post over and over...Then I would have 1 buzillion posts by now...crap!

Statalyzer
10/16/2006, 04:50 PM
is it possible his "injury prone status" may cause him to slip a few spots to maybe a more solid team?

It very well might.

Jdog
10/16/2006, 08:05 PM
Man I am jealous...Why didnt I think of copying and pasting the same post over and over...Then I would have 1 buzillion posts by now...crap!

Ditto

WASOONERFAN
10/17/2006, 12:00 AM
Hopefully he can morph into a back that is adept at not taking direct shots. Though the type of runner he is with such energy, tends to injure things like ankles, knees, etc because he is always fighting to stay up.

He has the talent to be a stud in the NFL. I do question his punishing running style. Those hits take a lot more out of a back in the NFL.

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2006, 12:56 AM
I'll be more original...I'll copy and paste OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS and get my "1 buzillion"!

Then Stoops would say "I don't know who are quarterback will be, but are line will be a year older. Not to mention there our many other positions that our a concern on defense. Also, did you know that Mike Leach really likes it when pirates say ARRRRRR!"

wishbonesooner
10/17/2006, 07:44 AM
I heard, of all people, Mark May, say that AD reminded him more of Walter Payton than any back he's watched since Walter Payton. Sweetness never avoided a hit, and he lasted what, 10-11 years in the NFL.

cjames317
10/17/2006, 01:34 PM
The Sporting News polled current NFL RBs on who will be the next to rush for 2,000 yards. AD got a vote. Wonder who voted for him? Seed-ric?

SoonerStud615
10/17/2006, 02:53 PM
one positive of AD leaving is...
NCAA 08 Cover??? I think so.